Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Silicone-free foundations

What foundation do you like that's silicone-free? What are the pros and cons of different formulas?

Re: Pretty much anything that is "long lasting" it's going to...

Same. Fragrance free as well. 

Have you tried the milk makeup blur matte foundation? It ticks all the boxes you mentioned! 

#2 ingredient in the MILK foundation is a silicone (Hydrogenated Polyisobutene). Doh! 😣

SunnyClemo wrote:

Have you tried the milk makeup blur matte foundation? It ticks all the boxes you mentioned! 

More info on reading ingredients here: https://beautyeditor.ca/2017/03/28/why-avoid-silicones-on-skin

Hydrogenated polyisobutene isn't a silicone, it's a synthetic oil. It behaves similarly to silicones and might break you out, but it technically is not a silicone

I highly doubt that Estee Lauder is cruelty free, but the...

I highly doubt that Estee Lauder is cruelty free, but the Double Wear Maximum Coverage foundation is full coverage, long wearing and silicone free 🙂 I like it a lot, even though it's a little too much coverage for me. I just mix in a little Clinique dramatically different lotion (NOT the gel moisturizer, because it isn't silicone free, but the lotion is) to dilute it a bit, and it's perfect! I also use a mattifying silicone free primer, like the Boscia white clay mattifying treatment primer or Becca and Makeup Forever both also have silicone free mattifying primers as well. My skincare and face makeup are 100% silicone free so feel free to ask if you need recommendations on other products 😊

Re: I highly doubt that Estee Lauder is cruelty free, but the...

I realize that this post is old but, Estée Lauder double wear foundation is NOT silicone free. I’ve recently discovered that I have a silicone allergy and the foundation I’ve been using is juice beauty’s phyto serum foundation and so far I love it for my dry skin! I’m also using origins checks and balances face wash or the body shops tee tees face wash! I use cliniques lotion moisturizer, and their #1 toner! I also use the body’s shops tea tree oil as a spot treatment. For eyeliner I’m using Fenty Beauty and mascar is butter London double decker lashes! Still looking for a concealer but, I am really loving all of these. Also, for hair care I’m using AG hairs natural apple cider vinegar shampoo and conditioner! 

There are several ingredients that cause acne and I have found ONE bb that works but it got discontinued.

Silicones and the ones and cones that are silicones. Silicone doesnt list as silicone.

perfume- I finally found a silicone free foundation ( make up forever) only to break out fro the perfume. Who the hell needs perfume in their foundation?

too much alcohol

coconut anything

oils even some of the organic/natural oils.

The only  thing I have been able to wear without break outs is cover fx bb gel form acne prone skin. All of the other foundations and bbs that allegedly help acne prone skin have another ingredient that causes it. So oil free is BS, silicone free means checking ALL of the silicones, parfum free, and coconut free. Some of the organics with fruit extracts, this oil, that oil cause and as well. Is there anyone who has a foundation that won't cause acne???

agree on the fragrance it is ridiculous and causes acne for those of us with oily or combo oily skin. Dior is the same as is Landcome. make up forever liquid has fragrance.

I cant do coconut either- it causes break outs, so I have a hard time finding anything. AND why do the ones with salicylic acid claiming they help with acne prone skin then have silicone????

Estée Lauder tests on animals. Beware of all their brands including Origin and MAC

Hey- I realize this was awhile ago, but I am looking into silicone free products.  Do you use the Cinique as your moisturizer?  It has mineral pil as the second ingredient 😕  Any suggestions for an oil-free, silicone free moisturizer?  What concealer, skincare and other products do you use that are silicone free? Thanks so much for your help!

Spoiler

All of the products the one user mentioned have heavy amounts of fragrance which don't help those with acne. Parfum is allowed to be listed but then they don't have to disclose what is in it. 

As for a moisturizer that has small amounts of silicone and less than 1% fragrance, the Laniege Water Therapy Mask is a good one. I'm still trying to find that perfect silicone free 100% moisturizer though. 

The best silicone free moisturizer I've tried is Skin Drink moisturizer by Lush. For silicone free under eye concealer I recommend Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer or Benefit Boing Brightening Concealer. Also for other areas of the skin I recommend Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer Foundation and Concealor. It's expensive but it lasts forever because it is so highly pigmented. I use it as my foundation and it lasted 6 months of daily use. For silicone free cleanser I recommend Dermatologica Clear Start Break Out clearing foam. Not only did it battle acne but it lightened my acne scars and tightened my pores. I love all the products I mentioned. You can look me up on Instagram as Siliconefreebeautyguru. I put all silicone free products I like up.

Thank you! Sadly, all the brands you mentioned aren't cru...

Thank you! Sadly, all the brands you mentioned aren't cruelty free, which it's a shame bc I LOVE Boscia products 😞 I wish finding healthy, kind beauty wasn't that difficult.

Re: Thank you! Sadly, all the brands you mentioned aren't cru...

I believe that MILK is cruelty free and they just released a silicone free matte foundation that is medium to full coverage

Re: Silicone-free foundations

I am going to re-try the Too Faced "Born This Way" foundation because it's silicone-free, but I think I've just got to experiment with a bajillion different primers first. At first it really does look like my skin, but better, but by the end of the day it gets muddy looking, and definitely greases up and transfers onto everything. For the record, my skin is super oily, and highly "sensitive to" silicones and coconut oil. 

I hope Sephora can start stocking Kett foundations, because they're cone-free, it's just hard to find them in brick and mortar stores in order to find a good shade.

The Too Faced “Born This Way” Foundation does have silicone in it, it has Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone and Triethoxycaprylylsilane. Only their Setting Spray and Hangover Primer are silicone free.

Anonymous Insider

I just ordered some born this way only to find out it had dimethicone in it. I sent it back!😕

Born this way foundation is not a silicone free product,...

Born this way foundation is not a silicone free product, it contains "Dimeticone" which is in fact silicone. Anything that ends in "cone" (so silicone, methicone, Dimeticone, trimeticone) is a silicone product.

Re: Born this way foundation is not a silicone free product,...

Yes, and an even more prominent ingredient is also silicone based (Cyclopentasiloxane).

RE: Silicone-free foundations

I LOVE the new MILK foundation but I'm breaking out right now and afraid that this is the cause of it. Sephora doesn't carry many silicone free foundations but Cover FX's total cover cream is nice and is a medium coverage which is hard to find while also being -cone free so that tends to be my go to. Laura Mercier's Candleglow is beautiful but very light coverage so for me I can only wear it on good skin days. The new Sephora Collection stick foundation is also silicone free but I swatched in stores and it felt so heavy on the skin but I might end up going with that next if the MILK is the root issue. BareMinerals Serum foundation is also an option, but the shades run yellow and oxidize on me. Their BarePro powder is also amazing when I first apply but it only lasts about an hour on me for some reason, but it gets great reviews so my experience is abnormal I think. Powder foundations that are silicone free are a tad easier to find but I prefer liquids so that's most of what I know off hand. It can be so tricky IDing silicones because they go by so many different names... do you have a current fave? I think I listed all of the liquid options Sephora carries but I might have missed one

Re: RE: Silicone-free foundations

MILK has fragrance in it I believe

48 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing