Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Silicone-free foundations

What foundation do you like that's silicone-free? What are the pros and cons of different formulas?

RE: Silicone-free foundations

Just so ya know the Sephora Collection foundation stick contains a silicone as the second ingredient: polymethylsilsesquioxane

I love the Makeup Forever Foundations. They are silicone free and feel very lightweight on the skin. They can be medium to full coverage. I do love how they glide on. Pros, if you're allergic silicone then it's a great option. I have no cons to share though and I do use foundations with silicone in them

Re: RE: Silicone-free foundations

the new velvet powder foundation with blur technology ha something in it which caused me to break out- IT cosmetics- all the products I tried created an acne fest.

Cover fx had the best blemish treatment gel and they discontinued it. It goes on a little cake and I use a powder over it. I snapped up a bunch on eBay and likely have 2 years of product.

According to Makeup Forever they only have one silicone free foundation and it is a powder. I believe it has "pro" in the name, but I wanted to correct you before someone buys a foundation based on this rec

discontinued

If you go to the website www.cosdna.com and enter the product name, it will list the ingredients.  It also lists where that specific ingredient is known to be an irritant or cause acne with a 1-5 ranking.  It says that if you have sensitive skin, then you should avoid anything with a ranking of 4-5 but Dimethicone is only listed as a 1 so take it with a grain of salt.  I also have found that certain products with dimethicone tend to break me out more than others.  Other ingredients to watch out for are Tocopherol, Stearic Acid, alcohol, ect.  Estee Lauder Double Wear is AWFUL for me. I break out within a day.  Also, take it from someone who learned this the hard way, avoid IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer like the plague. I had the most painful and horrific reaction to that death cream disguised as a miracle moisturizing foundation.  The only foundation that I have found that works well for me is Lancôme Teint Idole Long Wear Foundation. It does have dimethicone in it but I don't react to it.  When I am looking for a foundation or any face product, I try to read reviews on products to see if anyone had reactions resulting in little pimple like pumps, this one didn't have any.  I've been using it for 6 months and have had good luck with it.  I am just fine tuning all my other face products as I have discovered that it's made for your face, I'm probably allergic to it.  Today, I discovered MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Base Lumiere is Silicone free!!!  Maybe these will work for you and maybe they won't.  Just thought I would share since the struggle is real and of course, sharing is caring!

That mac prep and prime is too expensive

Conversation Stats
testing