Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Product recommendations please

Hi!! Im looking for recommendations on a night time moisturizer, i think i have combo skin and i dont want to spend a lot, thank you!!

Re: Product recommendations please

Hi @sleepyyy ! What's your daytime moisturizer? Does it not keep your skin moisturized overnight? Do you need something more moisturizing at night than your daytime moisturizer? Or, maybe you use a sunscreen as your daytime moisturizer so you need something for night...? 

If shea butter works well for you as a moisturizer, consider The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . Take a look at The Inkey List's other moisturizers while you're at it: they're all inexpensive, and you might find another one with ingredients that meet your particular skin's needs. 

Hi thank you so much! I use the first aid beauty ultra repair cream, it keeps my skin pretty moisturized i just thought you had to use a night cream😬 i dont know much about skincare lol thank you so much for your suggestion!!

No problem, @sleepyyy ! 🙂 A good way to decide which products you need is to identify your skin issues and/or skincare goals first. Then you can look at ingredients that address those issues/goals, and look for products that contain them. 

Example: rather than focus on what people and brand marketing claim night creams do, think more about what your particular skin needs. If your daytime moisturizer meets your skin's needs, try it at night. If it doesn't keep you moisturized overnight, or you've identified other issues/goals for your skin that a night cream might address, that's when you'd consider adding an extra product to your routine. 

The only mandatory steps for a skincare routine (according to every dermatologist I've asked) are cleanser, moisturizer, and daytime sunscreen. Other steps and products may be necessary based on what your skin issues/goals are, but not everyone needs more than those 3 basic products. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing