Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

I currently use Korres face wash and have for the better part of a decade. I need a face wash safe enough to use around my eyes, that also removes makeup. I wear mascara/foundation and have some big ol' pores. (Thanks genetics! Big pores seem to be a thing with us.)

Re: Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

Edible Beauty No. 1 Belle Frais Cleansing Milk is the gentlest and most effective cleanser I have tried. 

@jennydreadful wrote:

I currently use Korres face wash and have for the better part of a decade. I need a face wash safe enough to use around my eyes, that also removes makeup. I wear mascara/foundation and have some big ol' pores. (Thanks genetics! Big pores seem to be a thing with us.)

RE: Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

Drunk Elephant, Glossier or Cetaphyl.

RE: Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

Tatcha camellia oil cleanser, followed by Kora Organics Cream Cleanser. Both are considered “clean” and safe. The Tatcha takes everything off and it doesn’t leave you greasy!

Tatcha Camellia cleansing oil is the best at removing makeup. I follow that with Kora Organics Cream cleanser for dry skin to feel really clean. Neither of these have fragrance, thank god.

Exactly what I use! 🙂

Re: Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

I love Farmacy Green Clean and Ren Rosa Centfolia cleansing balm to remove my makeup including eye makeup. Then I follow with Korres Greek yogurt cleanser. I have used DHC, Clinique clinique balm and oil. 

RE: Re: Oddly specific request: Best face wash to get rid of makeup with safe ingredients?

I second Farmacy’s balm too, and I use it with Laneige moisturizing cream cleanser to make sure all my eye make up is gone.

Drunk elephant beste no. 9! It melts everything off

Consonant Foaming Face Wash. All natural, super gentle, super effective. Great reviews.

The absolute best cleanser for the eye area is a product called We Love Eyes, available on Amazon (sorry, Sephora).  It is very gentle and all natural, and will clean up every single speck of eye makeup.

Using an oil cleanser as a precleanse changed my skin! Look into the Fresh seaberry skin nutrition cleansing oil. I use that before I go in with any of my other more standard cleansers (YTTP Superfood Cleanser is one of my favorites) and my make up is thoroughly removed, prepping my face for the rest of my skincare. Hope this helps ☺️

Dhc cleansing oil it doesn’t burn, gentle on the eyes and removes everything.

@BeautyWonder Which DHC cleansing oil do you use?  I shied away from their Deep Cleansing Oil b/c of the rosemary in it, but recently got a sample of their Olive Concentrated Cleansing Oil and have liked it so far.

I just ordered Biosance’s oil based make up remover and hoping for good resukts! I also use a Face Halo pad before my cleansing routine or I use the pad to remove the cleanser. They are AMAZING. Definitely recommend!

@jennydreadful I'd recommend using an oil cleanser to remove your make up and then following that with your regular cleanser. It will help keep your pores clean.

I do already, but I'm looking for something with a little more Oomph. Thank you though, good suggestion. 

If you're already double cleansing but still finding traces of makeup, it sounds like you may need a different oil cleanser. But for eye makeup removal, I really like Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL

Have you tried Halo Makeup remover pads? don't know if they're sold here but they're reusable, gentle - good on the environment too.   

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
testing