Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

New to makeup

Hey everyone! I'm very new to makeup and need a little bit of guidance.  I want to buy a foundation, blush and some highlighter and those are the requirements.

1) It has to be clean

2) It has to be in a certain budget (max 60 per products)

3) It has to stay on my face even with movement (such as everyday walking)

4) It has to be hypoallergenic (for sensitive and combo skin)

I'm also looking for some primer and some makeup remover that are also clean and subtable to my skin type

Thanks

Re: New to makeup

@elsa0204  so I'm going to do my best based on memory but you'll have to double check any recommendations against your wishlist

Foundation: These are a few different ones depending on the coverage and finish you would like

-TARTE - SEA Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 med, natural

-COVER FX - Power Play Foundation -full, matte

-KOSAS - Tinted Face Oil Foundation- light, dewy

Blush: There's a couple different formulations here but they're all pretty similar

-Cover Fx- the came out with some AMAZING blush duos last year, you can get a decent discount through their site. I personally have three shades, though I only really use the matte side the other side could work as a highlight. Lighter but very buildable color

- KOSAS - Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo Great colors, though not a fan of the duo setup. but nicely milled and subtle color though they have an intense range through their site if that's your thing.

-ILIA Multi-Stick Cream Blush + Highlighter + Lip Tint All Of Me is a nice balmy orm that give a good sheer wash of color

- Budget option is Burt's bees blush balms- very pretty but not a ton of staying power, they do tend to wear off

Highlighter: This sort of depends on your texture preference

- The kosas duos, again, work here

- AETHER BEAUTY - Supernova Crushed Diamond Highlighter is the most intense and slightly glittery option if you want something with a lot of punch

- ILIA - Illuminator is a great balm option

- favorite budget option is burt's bees highlighter sticks- super nice, subtle look in a nice range of shades. I can basically only find them at whole foods and amazon but WF has their annual 20% off beauty sale right now

Primer: Depends on the foundation. MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL is my overall favorite but it pills under the Kosas. I usually just don't use a primer with that foundation but ILIA True Skin Radiant Priming Serum 1 fl oz/ 30 ml or REN CLEAN SKINCARE - Perfect Canvas Clean Primer are what I'm thinking to try next time I'm in store

Makeup remover: Really any oil cleanser. REN CLEAN SKINCARE - Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser has gotten some great reviews and I use Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL though I wouldn't replace b/c of the expense. Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is another great one

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing