Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NOT clean: Fresh SPF lip balm

1. So Fresh is still using octinoxate in their SPF products. Octinoxate has been proven to destroy coral reefs and harm other sea life. Hawaii has banned the sale of products that contain it. Companies like Coola and Supergoop that specialize in SPF products have eliminated it in all their products. I wrote to Fresh today asking them to stop using it. I also contacted Sephora and asked them to take Fresh off the clean beauty list. I encourage others to do the same. 

Re: NOT clean: Fresh SPF lip balm

I agree these should not be labeled "clean". If you put one in your cart, it flashes this message at you -- "This product cannot be shipped to Hawaii" -- and that is the only clue that it's somehow a questionable item, beyond examining the ingredient list and knowing what to look for. I had a habit of buying these for years. I am hoping that Fresh is reformulating the product. If so, should they be selling off the old formula? Hmm I am not knowledgeable about how much harm it can do inland, maybe some? But I live around Puget Sound, so I returned one I bought at Nordstrom just a few weeks ago. (Nothing at all on Nordy's site to warn anyone about the un-reef-safe ingredients. Not on sale, either.)

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing