Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

The new TH mask; seems to be exclusive to their site for now

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.50.06 PM.png

Looks like Tata Harper has a new moisture mask coming out

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 11.24.50 AM.png

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

The new product is called Active Treatment Essence

Late to the conversation, but has anyone mentioned the Clean Beauty Box from Art of Organics? I've found some true gems in that one, like the de Marmiel facial mist, the One Love Organics Skin Dew (instantly soft and glow-y skin) and the Lil Fox Flowerball Body Nectar, which smells like Heaven probably does (standing in a field of freshly-bloomed flowers just after a light rainfall). I haven't gotten anything I haven't liked, but those stand out for me.

RE: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Vintners Daughter will be announcing their new second product tomorrow

Help! I need a new hand cream. My skin is terribly dry right now. Any recommendations? Please and thank you! 🙂

@lyravega Not sure if you like lush, but I like to use their cuticle butter (lemony flutter) all over my hands. 

@lyravega  I don't think this is all natural, but O'keefe's Working Hands cream is great for dry, cracking hands! It has been a life saver during the winter months for several years now!! I hope this helps!!😊

Day or night time @lyravega?  Also if you have some skincare that didn't really work out for your face you should use it up on your hands... that's what I do. 😄

@veronika23 Overnight, mostly. But I wouldn't mind a day cream rec, either. 

I do that sometimes, too. But right now, ugh... Nothing really helps. 

Thanks!

@lyravega  have you tried the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g as a hand cream? It absorbs pretty fast and I like it for my hands... also let me check something and get back to you...

@veronika23 I have! For some reason it burns my hands!!! Not just tingling, but kind of burning sensation. Weird. I don't know what is that about, so I'm not trying anymore. 

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that @lyravega 😞 I wouldn't try it anymore either.  What about mixing a drop or two of the HydrExtreme with a cream that already works or with just pure shea butter or something like that?

@veronika23 Tried shea butter ( raw, unrefined ), and while it helps with my terribly dry face right now, it doesn't do anything for my hands. Another weird thing, huh? 

Ugh, I kinda hate "wasting" Hydra on my hands, but maybe I'll give it a try... Not a bad idea. Thanks!

@lyravega  it's not wasting if it helps! Try just one or two drops into something first... that way you'll use less. Maybe cotton gloves over whatever you put at bedtime... I used to do that when I had bad eczema as a child.

II always loved this one that they used to carry at Sephora. 

Its the Jurlique Rose Hand Cream, it seems to really moisturize but is not greasy, and stays hydrated. Good luck! @lyravega

IMG_8889.jpg

Mahalo now at Beautylish!

ei.jpg

@veronika23 How exciting! I have been wanting to try this brand! 

@PrettyPaint @veronika23 integrity botanicals (not sure if they ship to CA) sells DS/TS of mahalo, although last I checked a lot of them were sold out 😞   see below. 

Thanks so much @CC3616

931 Replies
testing