Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Oh that's good to know! I'll check that out. Thank you @CC3616!!!

@veronika23 @PrettyPaint I take it back, I'm sorry! DON'T DO IT! I got my order today and I clearly should not have recommended before receiving shipment. It is literally re-potted clamshells, serum vials, etc just like detox market... for a lot more. 4 samples from detox is $9 and change. 5 from integrity was $51. My heart sunk and I literally got nauseated when I opened the box. They played it to seem like manufacturer mini's when they were not. I'm so let down and really hoping they make this right. If not I will be disputing this purchase via PayPal. 

@PrettyPaint @veronika23 I called this morning to follow up on my e-mail from last night and they said right away they did see my e-mail and are refunding my order and I can keep it. She did try to defend saying their sizes are bigger than detox (same size from my previous detox samples but whatever) and it would be the same size as a DS and size was clearly listed, but I was aware of sizing, knew they were small etc that it was more of an expectation of not getting a re-pot/freshness/usability, but they weren't hearing it. Overall I would 100% order samples from detox. I wasn't thrilled that she pushed back on it a little but ultimately they did make it right, so I wouldn't totally rule out a FS order from them but wouldn't shop there first.

Also a heads up that most of the samples with purchase aren't foils, they are also re-pots.

@CC3616 So glad that you got refunded!!

@CC3616  I'm really glad you got your money back! I totally understand still not really wanting to shop there... especially if she was somewhat rude.  Just happy it's resolved for you! 🙂

Oh no, I’m so sorry that you experienced that @CC3616. How disappointing! Please let us know the outcome. 

WOH! OMG! I am so sorry to hear that @CC3616! 😞  I can't believe they made it out to be something when it was clearly not. I hope you get your money back!

@PrettyPaintThe Detox Market in the US also carries it and they have a sampling program. Not 100% sure how it works but you can pick a few samples for a certain price. And Alyaka in the UK has the brand too and you can buy a sample kit (almost all the products) and whatever it costs you get to apply it towards a full size within 30 days I think.

Thanks so much @veronika23. I will definitely look up The Detox Market! I get nervous buying full size skincare without sampling first, as my skin is quite sensitive. 

I know the feeling @PrettyPaint! I'm the same way.  It's awesome when you can try it first. 🙂

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 6.24.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-19 at 6.24.55 PM.png

@lyravega  I've been using my unveil sample as a mask... OMG I AM IN LOVE!  Makes my skin so soft.  I will be buying it eventually. This is a nice deal if you live in the US... shipping is a bit high for Canada... wanted that gift box posted below but I know I have too much stuff to use up and shouldn't be buying it.

@veronika23 Glad you like it. Unveil is sooo good! I wish they made it in a gallon size! For the same price, of course. ( It would hurt less... 😄 )

Hahaha yeah!  I ended up buying a jar from Alyaka. They had a sale and cashback was a 10% so it cost me about 20$ less for it... plus I get the cashback. 😄 @lyravega

@veronika23 Nice!

Mahalo The Taste of Desires set - available now on their site

travel-set.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 10.51.54 AM.png

Ohhh I'm really tempted by this set. I've been wanting to try some Mahalo products for a while, and these sizes are great.

Did you end up getting this @lachaton?  I really wanted it but I have so much to get to that I ended up passing this year. I still really want to try their new Hawaiian hydration though.

@veronika23 No, I ended up passing for the same reason! I want to try more of their products, but I just have so many others to go through 🙂 

@lachaton  oh ok yeah... I guess at some point we have to use what we've accumulated. 😄

2 Replies
testing