Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Thanks @Mochapj!  Makes sense! 🙂 I was thinking something similar but wasn't sure about CdL and other dull skin, radiance ones.  Oh and I also have elasticity one too lol... like which would make the best combos etc 😄

@veronika23 tbh I think it's just about trial and error until you find the best combos that work for you.

if you think your skin is consistently dull, then by all means use the dullness one every day (mornings would make sense to me) but if it's more an occasional issue, I'd use it only a few times a week.

elasticity is something I'd use on areas that need firmness/have a lot of wrinkles.

@Mochapj.great! Thanks so much! I've been testing some products and have new skin concerns so yeah trial and error... just wanted to know what everyone else does too :D.

Do you use vit c? If so any serums you like with it? Or a type you would recommend to use at the same time? Thanks so much! 🙂

@veronika23 sorry, vit c and my skin don't really get along so I don't use much of it.

the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I've used that was vit c was the drunk elephant c firma (oxidized too fast) odacite c for Colette (too rich, broke me out) and the odacite Autumn on the world. AotW I use about 2x a week but any more than that is too irritating for my skin.

@Mochapjoh oh ok. Sorry it doesn't work for you 😞

How fast did it oxidize?

One of mine was already oxidized when I bought it from Sephora but I didn't realize it at the time - since it came out of the package that way from the start, I'd just assumed it was meant to be that colour. Another DS tube I had oxidized in less than 2 months.

supposedly they've changed the formula to make it last longer since then but I've had such poor luck with DE I have no interest in trying it again.

Special discounts from Mahalo!

pip.jpg

pip2.jpg

That's a great deal, and so very tempting! Thank you for sharing this!

So I've finally tried my Leahlani Bless Balm. I am really liking this stuff so far. It feels very nice on my normal-dry combo skin. It's nourishing. It softens my skin. And it evens out my skintone quite a bit making everything look so much better. I even used it to remove my eye makeup the other night and it removed it no problem. And the smell! I loooove the scent of this balm so much!

@MagratheaI love that one! It's so good to my skin! And, I agree about the scent - it's divine! 🙂

@Magrathea.   ohhh I think I have this among my samples... Thanks for the thoughts. I can't wait to get to it! 🙂

Has anyone else tried natural cream deodorants? I thought it was weird at first and prob wouldn't even help with wetness (I haven't found a brand I liked), but I stumbled upon this cute little jar at Marshals called Schmidt's.

I quickly googled some reviews and was pleasantly surprised to see how highly rated it is and was convinced to get it. Oh my gosh, I have been converted to a cream deodorant user. I warm about a pea sized amount and split that between both underarms just before I do my makeup...after that..it's fully absorbed and I don't need to worry about it messing up my clothes. It's not messy at all. I bought the bergamot lime scent and it smells so fresh for the summer. You guys need to try it! It also comes in a stick form, but not sure how convenient it'll be to apply considering the amount of oils it contains.

The ones in jars are always better than sticks and roll ons in my experience. I know when I tried to make my own deodorant in a stick and even a roll on, they were nowhere near as good as the one I have to keep in a jar. They are pretty much "watered down" versions of the original(jar) version, and because of that not as strong or effective. I suppose the same goes for those store bought ones. Roll ons are the worst and they don't work for me at all. Sticks are somewhere in between ok for when I am not too active.

I haven't tried the one you mentioned, but I use and love Stinkbug Floral Lime Organic Cream Deodorant when I don't feel like making my own.

@mmmiu funny, I use the stick form of that! I like it for low-challenge use, but I go back to the bad stuff for high humidity and high stress. I do like the scent a lot. It's funny, I'm willing to amass the world's largest collection of cleansers but when it comes to deodorant I'm like wait, let's take this relationship slowly. 

I came across a tiny little natural brand out of Vermont that seems interesting - I thought I would leave it here because among other things they have a blue tansy balm that's $68. I have too many things open, but I might pick up a sample kit anyway.

http://sempiira.squarespace.com/

upload_8694648422146936087.jpg

Thanks for posting it! I love to try new things, but I'm afraid I've exceeded my budget for awhile now. 😄 I'll be curious to see what you or others think of it, though! I am especially curious about that Liquid Gold and Beauty Sleep Balm. It's nice that they offer samples and trial sets.

Funny, ladies below mentioning "undo" routine. I was just gonna ask what is everyone's "undo" thing? I have just tried Uma Deeply Clarifying Oil tonight after seeing some ladies on here praising it ( had such high hopes for this one ), but alas it made my face majorly angry and red. So, without even thinking much abut it, I slapped some tamanu oil after I washed the Uma oil off. It is my go to "reset and make everything wonderful again" product when my skin is acting out due to new products. So soothing, calming, healing, nourishing, and so stinky! 😄 Yeah, I don't like the smell at all. But, I deal with it because it is so wonderful to my skin.

Oh bummer @Magrathea. I absolutely love the Clarifying oil. Do you know of ingredients you are sensitive to? 

@mrsbaineI am not sure about clove and juniper berry eos, the rest from that ingredient list is fine. I've even done a patch test ( inside of my elbow, and even on my neck behind my ear ), but it didn't show anything, any kind of irritation or anything at all. It was fine. But, once on my face... It was not so fine anymore.

Omg, @Magrathea , are you my long lost twin sister?! I've tried that Uma oil recently, and it gave me a similar reaction. I also reached for tamanu oil, which is one of my fav "quick fixes" for almost everything! 🙂

Others are: SR Juno, aloe vera gel, Odacite Cell Energy mixed with Odacite Time Release moisturizer over NUDE Milk serum, Leahlani Bless Balm, CAMP Desert Island Wonder Balm, Leahlani Champagne and Aloha Ambrosia oils. NUDE Fizzy Powder as soon as skin allows it. All of these are very soothing to my skin. Some straight out "healing". I try to keep it as simple as possible and not to confuse my skin even more.

Sorry for that oil being so mean to you. I hope your skin is better, or on its way there, asap!

Haha, hey you never know, @lyravega ! 😉

Bummer about that oil. Oh, well. It is what it is. Luckily my skin is so much better today, thank you!  Thanks to the tamanu oil. That thing is ah-mazing! A life skin saver!

I have SR Juno on my to try list. Those ingredients look like something my skin would really enjoy. I am not surprised it made your "first aid" list. I hope it'll work for me, too!

I have that Leahlani Champagne serum and the balm laying around here somewhere. I should put them to test asap.

I remember the NUDE Milk Serum! I only ever had one mini, but that thing was pretty amazing! Whatever happened to it/them?! Too bad I didn't stock up before they disappeared.

2 Replies
testing