Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

OMG nice @Ispend2much6! I know I have some samples from them to get to as well... I just can't seem to get there 😄

Ay, I hope you like the Jelly, @veronika23 ! Or maybe... better not? Considering it's gone. 😄

Yes! I know you are my fellow lizard! 😉 It is nice to have someone with dry skin around. Sometimes it seems everyone and their aunt have oily skin, and they all talk about it and have solutions and can help each other... That is so nice and comforting. I am jealous! Not much dry skin talk around these parts...

You are gonna make me go there eventually, you!

My skin is fussing right now, too... Scales are coming back. Ay! Such a fussy, spoiled brat she is.

If someone offers a sample pot of the Omorovicza Gold Rescue cream, you should try it @lyravega.  The other day I felt like scraping the skin off my face it was so dry and itchy, (I was lazy about skincare for a few days,) and it healed me overnight.  I haven't tried anything quite like it so far.  It's very thick, but it soaks right in.

I will, @Ispend2much6 ! Sounds nice.

@lyravega  I like the scent for sure! I need to try it more but I've been sticking to the Omorovicza because of all the problems I am having. 

Yes there is almost never any talks on dry skin. Glad to know I have someone too!

Hahaha well I got it as part of a set last year that had the balm, a mini mask and travel size scrub (which I love too) and had high cash back with a UK cash back site. Can you send a referral for that too if ever... Anyways it the cleanser here is 135$CAD (1.7oz) I got the set for around 70$CAD. That's a big difference! It's still more than what I would normally pay for a cleanser but I'm just so happy with it. And it seems to be lasting long enough too! I think I need to really check how long it takes to go through a jar.

Did you try the Consonant HydrExtreme yet? I hope that would work for you. Good to keep the scales at bay 😄

ETA: Crap. Just read below about your wash cloth no no. Here's what's written on the The Thermal Cleanser product page: "Massage gently using circular motions, then remove with a damp, lukewarm mitt or facial cloth. Cleanser will not come off by simply rinsing off. "  And yeah I would see that because I don't know how else it could get removed. 😞

Haven't tried the Consonant yet. Still battling the last of some weird break out I had/have... Don't wanna additionally ( potentially ) mess with it. But, soon! Hopefully!

Haha, yeah... It was not meant to be. I am kinda relieved. 😉

@veronika23

hahahaha!  Hope it clears up soon @lyravega 🙂

Thanks, V! I hope so, too. It's highly annoying!

@lyravega I tried a 1 oz sample (from a Sephora Favs kid) of Sunday Riley Blue Moon and purchased the full size just over halfway through!

My face feels VERY soft and moisturized after this. Not drying at all. There are what feels to be exfoliating granules in the balm (the misconception is those are sugar granules) but they are actually wax beads... as I keep massaging into my skin, I can feel them slowly soften and disintegrate. Not gritty.

I always follow up with a second cleanser but I'd say if the ingredients agree with your skin (no reactions), could be a good single step cleanse for dry skin!

@k617 Isn't that amazing when you find something that works so beautifully for you?! I am always so excited when I finally find something that works for my crazy skin. 😄

That one says it's for normal-oily skin, so I've never even considered it. So many oils and balms are so very drying ( for dry skin ), you wouldn't believe it, so if they say something like that, I stay away. I have problem with quite a lot of products being so very drying on me. Plus... It needs to be removed with a wash cloth? That's a big no no for me. My skin goes all different kind of bleeped off if I do that.

Yeah, I definitely don't do or care for double cleanse. No need for it ( speaking just about me ). Unless I have some heavy makeup caked on... Which I rarely do.

Hmm @lyravega... I don't see anywhere that says the product is geared towards oily to normal skin... it does say on the Sephora page that it would be a good step one cleanser for oily to normal skin, which I took it as good for double cleanse for oily/normal skin, good for single cleanse for dry skin. It's touted as skin-soothing, calming, hydrating...so I think it's meant for all skin types.

I do not use a face cloth with this even though it's recommended on the instructions. I do the usual thing of rubbing warm water to emulsify and rinse off 🙂

@k617 I swear I've seen it says so somewhere, but I can be mistaken. Maybe what you're talking about ( "a good step one cleanser for oily to normal skin" ) is what my mind remembered, an registered in a  "cut out" kind of version. I will have to go back and read about it. I am not a fan of SR, but I am willing to give their products another chance after "discovering" Juno. What a fantastic, life saving stuff for my dry skin! Can't stop raving about it. 🙂

Oh, that is so good to know! Thanks!

@lyravega

My favourites are:

• Tata Harper - the entire range (all 4)
  • Oskia Renaissance Gel Cleanser - I consider this the better version of NUDE Omega Jelly
  • Emma Hardie Cleansing balm

I use these constantly and have a back-up of each one of them.

@greenchilli which one of Tata Harper ones would you say is the most dry skin friendly? The nourishing one? I haven't tried those yet as my lizard ( fellow dry skin ) friend keeps telling me how they all were drying on her. So, that kept me back so far. But, I eventually will have to try for myself.

I think I've tried Oskia... But I am not sure anymore. If that's the one I think it is, it made my skin angry the way REN Evercalm Cleansing Milk made my skin angry. Or was it that it needed to be removed with a wash cloth, which I can't do... Ay, I don't remember anymore! There's been so many! I'll have to try it again. But, I usually do remember the ones I like.

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm I don't care for.

@lyravega

Perhaps my favourite products are definitely your least favourite.  I also love the Ren Evercalm.  We belong in the bizzarro world 🙂

The TH cleansers are all for all skin types, although the Purifying cleanser is especially good for oily skin types.  I have oily skin, and I don't find them drying.  You might have to test it out if willing.

I use a wash cloth for ALL cleansers.  Oskia is similar to NUDE, but I prefer it.  If you used water to wash off NUDE, you could do the same.  It is a gel that turns oily when massaged in.

Haha, well, considering you have oily skin, and I have it dry... Yeah, I'd say we definitely belong in the bizarro world. 😉

I guess you have a really good skin, @greenchilli . My skin does not tolerate such "abuse" as "wash cloth-ing". It goes all different kind of berserk if I even try.

I will probably try that one again eventually, because I don't really remember what was the deal with that one...

Awesome thread @lyravega 🙂  This is definitely my jam 😄

@lyravega I've found my home! Great thread! 

I make my own cleansing oil and face oils. I mix argan and almond together and that's what I tap on my face at night. I sometimes throw in some Blue Tansy oil for my allergies and it'a supposed to be great for skin. Just look at all the companies popping out blue skincare creams and serums. 

I just found this lil gem full of Manuka Honey. A friend that suffers from rosascea swears by it. I had a weird reaction around my neck a couple weeks ago and she gave me some to try. It healed the skin so well. It was super itchy, dry and burned. So I bought some and now I've been using it all over my face and neck. Even under my eyes. No breakouts so YAY! Manuka Honey is amazing. 

IMG_3252.JPG

Ingredients in spoiler

Spoiler
IMG_3254.JPG

Welcome, welcome! Yaaay, glad you like it, my spooky friend! 😉

Sounds good! Will have to check it out, @pixiedust2 !

I need to add this to my shopping list @pixiedust2 😄

@veronika23 this is the one I mentioned to you in passing. Now that I've had over a week to test it, I'm really liking it. It has some beeswax in it and it actually makes it fairly matte. So it's definitely not greasy!

It has a slightly sour scent, which smells like the combo of the honey and the Shea butter combined. It disappears quickly but wanted to mention it because some of the reviews bring it up. It's faint and doesn't bother me and I don't smell it on my face. I'm very sensitive to fragrance on my face so I want to assure everyone that it's not a deal breaker. 

2 Replies
testing