Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

I don't think we have one of these yet... But, if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now, but as it usually is... Life got and gets in the way. But, better late than never, huh?

I've been enjoying many natural skincare products for the last 15 years or so, on and off ( mainly facial oils and balms, but masks, treatments, and body oils and balms, as well. ) I even used to make my own for years ( years ago ) as good natural skincare products were not a very easy thing to obtain. You'd have to try and hunt down quality ingredients and make stuff yourself most of the time. And, that was quite a task! It makes me happy to see that there is so many wonderful products widely and easily available lately. It makes things so much easier! 🙂

Natural skincare performs better for me personally. I love and enjoy using it. My skin adores it. I love the idea of it and behind it. So, I wanted to make a place for us natural skincare lovers to talk about anything natural skincare as I see there are many others out there that are interested, or already in love with it, as well. So why not have our own little place on here? 🙂 So we can share our experiences ( good and/or bad ), loves, favorite products, favorite brands and their news/new launches, discus things, share our daily routines, talk DIYs if anyone is into that, why not? Anything really.

By "natural" skincare here I'm talking about skincare made mostly or completely of ingredients available in nature, like plant-derived ingredients, minerals... You know, the whole nine. 😉

Anyway - feel free to join in! You don't have to be a natural skincare lover exclusively. Everybody's welcome!

A word of caution... For those who are new to natural skincare, proceed with caution. Inform and educate yourself really well on everything you are interested in trying and putting on your skin. Natural does not mean it won't hurt you! And, it certainly doesn't mean it's safe. Some natural ingredients can be irritating for some people. Go with what's good for you, don't force anything on your skin just because someone said it is good. Do patch tests. Be smart. People prone to allergies should pay careful attention to what they use on their skin.

P.S. I am not completely and 100% natural, nor I imagine I ever will be as I do love me some other stuff, as well. But mostly, yes.

upload_7684854939366336630.jpg

Re: NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Thanks @pixiedust2 🙂

As for the news... Mahalo ( one of my fav brands ) is coming to this hidden gem shop-spa in NYC this month. ( Or, at least that's what I've been told. ) So much yay! 🙂

Love, love, love Mahalo!  Waiting patiently for The Bean and their fabulous face mask brush to arrive today in my August Beauty Heroes box! ❤️❤️❤️

Oh that's so exciting @lyravega!  I've been dying to try them but hesitant to buy blindly online.  Can you share the location when it's confirmed or is it hush-hush? 

Image result for secrets gif

😄 😄 😄

@michelleshops , I don't think it's hush hush. Mahalo even already has it listed on their site as a NYC location. I didn't mention it because you know how it often goes with new launches and boutiques/stores getting new brands/stuff... Even though they often say they will get it then and then, dates change. Bleep happens. Basically... I don't wanna jinx it! 😄 ( But, Marina herself told me it should happen this month, soooooo.... Fingers crossed! 🙂 )

The best thing - they make samples for you! So, you can go in and sample stuff you wanna try. I am just not sure if a purchase is necessary.

It's CAP Beauty in West Village. I will PM you the link of their site, with the location and other details. Sounds good?

I haven't gone completely natural yet, but I'm definitely on my way, especially with skincare. My favorite natural brands at the moment are Alima Pure and 100% Pure (most of my skincare products are from the latter). I also got introduced to Tarte recently, and I'm really liking the Make Believe in Yourself palette. 🙂 I'm also a fan of DIY bath and body with essential oils. It's fun trying out different recipes!

@lyravega  What a pretty picture! 

I agree with you; I have found that the more natural skincare products treat my skin better than the rest.  There are so many good products, but before I list them, I have to say that one of the ingredients that I have been the most pleasantly surprised by is frankincense.  It clears my skin and makes it a glowy pink, the way it's supposed to be.

My favorite products:

1. Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Cream- This is a UK company.  I like this mostly as a night cream.

2. Biossance the Nourisher- My new love.  I see an instant improvement using this in the a.m.  My skin is more glowy, clear, and smooth.

3. Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel- A lactic acid and fruit enzyme exfoliating peel.  I only leave this on for one minute and I'm good for the week.

4. Omorovicza- Just about every product. 🙂  Their cleansers are superb, and I recently became a huge fan of their Gold Rescue Cream.  It's the intense, nourishing night cream I've been looking for to use when my skin is extra dry or looking rough.  One use overnight and my skin is evenly colored and plumped the next a.m.

@Ispend2much6 right? Such a nice, calming and relaxing photo. It's not my, though. I wish I knew who to give credits to for it, but I don't know. Found it randomly online.

Nice list! I am glad you've found so many new loves and products that work so nicely for you.

1 Reply
testing