Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty

Make up advice!

Hello just looking for advice!

I’m a newbie to the makeup, taking care of your body/face world. My friend has just recently convinced me to start using a moisturizer daily. That being said I have always been lucky and had very clear skin majority of my life especially for never washing my face other than in the the shower. Mind you I never put face make up on other than eyeliner and mascara and that’s a rare occasion. So anyways my friend convinced me to start using a moisturizer and I went into Sephora and the girl I talked to recommend that I use Sunday Riley tidal. So I used that with their cleanser. And ever since I started doing that I have been breaking out on my chin and forehead so much! Yes it’s not a lot for some people but for me I rarely get pimples other than when it’s my time of the month so it has been really putting me down with all these really bad breakouts. She then also recommended I exfoliate Atleast once a week so I started using the Kate Somerville and since I used that twice my face really broke out more than ever or it was hives not sure but my face has never been this bad my entire life. So I’m sitting here unsure of what my next step should be I went back to Sephora and someone else recommend juice beauty so I have started using it and so far so good but nervous with all the reviews. Wondering if there is other things I should add into my routine to help or what should I do differently. My skin is dry but it’s also oily kinda in the middle. Now I am also a dental assistant and since the pandemic I am wearing a mask for around 10hours straight as well so this could be contributing as well! Just looking for some advice! Thank you in advance! I’m a newbie 

Re: Make up advice!

It could well be that the newly-introduced products (moisturizer especially), have an occlusive aspect. Some ingredients are 'extra' occlusive (*glares* at Squalane). 

Do a 'patch test' for a few days before applying to face..either Inside elbow, or on Upper chest. 

And maybe the Essential Oils (oft found in K.S'ville, Sunday R. & other lines) are the culprit?

The other wildcards: the whole thing of wearing a mask x hours per day. And, skin's pH and hormonal changes; humidity n' heat. 

You are lucky, if you have not had *major* acne to deal-with.   I wish you Success in getting it all balanced-out.

Re: Make up advice!

So you have slight acne. You are using the intensive katesomerville treatment mask 1x week. Ok I suggest a gentle cleanser, keep using Kate Somerville product 1xweek. But add a pore serum like sephora one for pores or retinol one. You breaking out because you started to Exfolikate and it works inside out. If you wear a mask all day like me . I make sure the cream I use has vitamin c. This helps the pores and texture of the skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing