Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Looking for a clean foundation.

I'm looking for an clean ingredient foundation that isn't full coverage. Something natural looking (so not matte). I've already tried the Josie Maran foundation and the Lawless one. Both were a major flop and had no stay power/emphasized dry spots. I'm hesitant to try cover fx now since I heard that brand is more focused on heavy coverage.

RE: Looking for a clean foundation.

Clean foundation, not matte, not full coverage I would say kosas I tried a sample and I was impressed !! A little goes a long way

Re: Looking for a clean foundation.

@SarahB25 maybe the KOSAS - Tinted Face Oil Foundation or the Pacifica Alight Clean Foundation? I haven't tried either but they're both on my list!

Some of the truely clean ones (without silicone). I have tried RMS beauty (applied it with my fingers) and Bareminerals myself ( I have dry skin, like sheer coverage) and they both were good. I like RMS beauty better (more natural and I only used it to spot conceal) but I am yet to muster courage to spend that much money for tiny pot of makeup. I have it in my cart and might splurge one of these days. 

RMS Beauty un coverup

Bare Minerals BB Rescue Gel BB cream

Kosa Tinted Oil Foundation

I think LAWLESS - Woke Up Like This Flawless Finish Foundation - Mesa

might be clean too but I am not sure so you will have to look that one up. 

RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation

bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE® Tinted Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Mineral SPF 30 Bamboo 5.5

KOSAS - Tinted Face Oil Foundation - Tone 5.5

@SarahB25 Cover FX also has the drop things that you could add to a moisturizer so it would be less full coverage and you could probably change the finish by changing what you mixed it with- but I definitely agree the Ilia is nice, I got it as a sample once and I'll probably purchase it as my next foundation

Hi @SarahB25 ! I'd also recommend looking into the RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation! It has a very natural finish and applies beautifully to the skin.  I found that it works best with the RMS BEAUTY - Skin2Skin Foundation Brush, but any brush with a similar shape would be ok too. 

I think the True Skin Serum Foundation @elise222 recommended would be great as well! 🙂

Cheers! 

Kevin

Oh yea I actually have the uncover up concealer but didn't think to use it as a foundation as well.

@elise222 That was next on my to try list 🙂 Wasn't sure how it was going to work, but will try!

Thanks guys.

I really like ILIA - True Skin Serum FoundationIfound it works well with my dry skin and has a very natural skin-like finish. I have tried a sample of a couple of different CoverFX foundations and they were fuller coverage, but not heavy, if that makes sense. 

the Ilia has silicone: Caprylyl Methicone & Dimethicone,...

the Ilia has silicone: Caprylyl Methicone & Dimethicone, at minimum
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing