cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

I need hair and skin care routine

Hi beauties 

I am 25 years old recently moved in canada and because of sudden weather changes my hair starts falling a lot and I need skin care suggestions. What should i use for my hair which helps in reducing hairfall, and grow healthy hair and the 2nd question is for my skin. I have combination skin, had pimples before periods . Only using Cerave moisturizer, facewash and neutrogena sunscreen. But i need complete skincare routine. Can you guys suggest what should i use for my skin?

Re: I need hair and skin care routine

@Lammuni 

Hello! 
Did you come from a different climate or relatively the same? Also, what province are you in, some have more hard water than others which plays a part in the health of your hair. 

Hi @Lammuni ! I'm not much help in the haircare category, so I'll focus on skincare. 

Cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen are already a complete skincare routine. That's the foundation for a good cake. Anything else is just frosting, unless you're trying to treat a specific medical condition. 

To figure out if you need additional steps in your routine, ask yourself these 2 questions: 

1. What are my skincare goals or issues? What do I want products to do for my skin? 
  2. Do my current products address those goals/issues? 

Let that info drive your routine, rather than folks (besides your doctor) claiming you absolutely need things like toner, essence, sheet masks, eye cream, etc. None of that stuff is mandatory. Whether or not you need any of it depends on your answers to those 2 questions above. 

You mentioned acne. Is that an ongoing concern you'd like to address? Have you tried products (cleanser or leave-on exfoliant) that contain salicylic acid (BHA)? Even better acne fighting ingredients are azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin A (retinoids: tretinoin, adapalene, retinaldehyde/retinal, retinol, etc.); you can use any of those alongside BHA. But if acne's not a major concern for you, then there's no need to go down that route. 

@Lammuni  Coming back because I forgot to mention: 

1. I'm no haircare expert, but @GG84 is and might have some good advice for you. 

2. Have you ever seen a dermatologist? Derms specialize in all skin on the body, including the scalp. Considering your recent hair loss and your sensitive skin, a derm consultation might be worthwhile. 

Forgot to mention i have sensitive skin 

@Lammuni

If you use the @ <----- symbol than type the person's name they'll see you replied or asked a question

Sensitive skin, @WinglessOne mentioned keep your skin goals in mind and follow that, just add safe to sensitive skin to that list.  Describe your sensitivity, what makes your skin react?

My skin care musts are;

1) wash

2) moisturize

3) spf

Everything what I do masks, serums are an extra bonus 🙂 but not necessary. I just love them!

I wash with;

Glow Recipe Mini Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 1 oz/ 30 mL 

TULA Skincare Mini The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

(Both have fragrance so not the best for serious acne or very sensitive skin)

I moisturize with;

Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 0.85 oz/ 25 mL 

The Ordinary Mini Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL  (this one is pretty basic with a short ingredient list, very skin safe IMO)

I SPF with;

Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA+++ 1.69 oz / 50 mL 

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Hair Care, what are you using right now and what is the issue, just hair fall?

Remember to tag me @Lammuni in the reply so I seeif you ask a question 😋

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing