cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora

I just bought skincare products yesterday

image.jpg

image.jpg

 I’ve used the #Dr. Dennis Gross Peels before my wedding with the glam glow and the Peter Thomas Roth Exfoliating, I feel like I need to get the glam glow and the Peter Thomas Roth because I did notice amazing changes in my skin. It’s been a few years since I’ve had a good skincare routine, my husband and I just had our first baby on 11/11 she’s the biggest blessing. I’ve been feeling more self conscious lately. I literally don’t ever wear makeup unless it’s a special event so maybe like 5 times a year if that, so in your opinion what do I use first, second, third and fourth. I know I have two serums should I mix them or just use one or the other? Thank you for your time@ If someone could just tell me what to use first and so on, I’m sorry if I sound like an idiot 

Re: I just bought skincare products yesterday

Face wash first, (lip masks, eye masks, face masks) Serums, moisturizer

*Don't use too many products, it will make you breakout

Re: I just bought skincare products yesterday

Congrats on the baby, @CupCait1111! So with the products you pictured, I'd really encourage you to add a sunscreen as the DDG pads and the retinol serum will make your skin more susceptible to sun damage. And with any new products, you want to introduce them slowly and one at at time so that you can check for any negative reactions. I would start with the moisturizer and use that for a week. If no signs of problems, add the cleanser at night before the moisturizer. After a week with no negative reactions, add a sunscreen in the mornings. Use that for a week (a.m.- sunscreen, p.m.- cleanse and moisturize). Then choose one of the remaining products (all three are actives so you'll want to really be careful about introducing them). Since you've used the DDG pads in the past, you might start with those and add them two or three nights a week in between cleansing and moisturizing. After a couple of weeks, you can add one of the other products. If it's the vitamin C, I would add it three mornings a week before the sunscreen. If it's the retinol, add it two nights a week (not the same nights as the DDG pads). After a month or so, you can add the final product (retinol is often very strong and can easily dry out skin so it's important to take your time with it before adding too many other actives or harsh products). 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing