Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Feedback Wanted: NEW Clean at Sephora Makeup!

FeedbackWanted_Clean at Sephora_Makeup.png

The Beauty Insider Community has partnered with a few amazing brands to give select Community members a chance to try an assortment of new Clean at Sephora makeup! 🌿 With products from Lawless, Merit, SAIE, Sephora Collection, and Westman Atelier, we know our Community members are in for a treat – these clean goodies pack a serious punch.

Drumroll please …! Check out all the new Clean at Sephora products BIC members are putting to the test:

1. LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook: If you’re after that ultra-shiny and plumped lip look, this gloss is just for you! Consistent application will keep your lips feeling soft and hydrated, while also reducing the appearance of lines over time.
  2. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret: This cheek balm is perfect for achieving that effortless flush. Its flexible formula works to mimic the texture of your skin, allowing for a seamless, natural finish.
  3. Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Starglow: Mix this gel luminizer with your skincare or foundation products to create a gorgeous, “lit-from-within” glow. This is comprised of 75% water, making it easy to incorporate into other products for a soft, dewy complexion.
  4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Dragonfly: Say “bye-bye” to fallout and “hello” to rich color payoff! Crafted with pearl, these eyeshadows are incredibly easy to apply – simply glide the creamy shadows onto your lid and watch as they melt onto your skin while retaining their lustrous shimmer.
  5. Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil: This universally-flattering, multi-purpose highlighter is infused with nourishing ingredients that treat your skin during wear. Apply this cream formula to any area of the face for a beautiful, luminous sheen.

UPDATE: It has been brought to our attention that some of you participating in our Clean Makeup seeding may receive shades other than those listed above and in your letter. Please post reviews for the shades you actually received in your package - we look forward to reading your honest feedback!

To our Community reviewers: Once you’ve left your reviews with photos on the product pages, feel free to discuss your testing experience with others here, and share any extra opinions or pictures you may have. Team BIC and our brand partners can’t wait to hear your feedback! 😊

Re: Feedback Wanted: NEW Clean at Sephora Makeup!

An update on Merit's Flush Balm Cream Blush in Raspberry Beret:

This is totally my style right now. I've been wearing it for a few days because it's so easy to apply. I have been having to do my makeup in the middle of zoom meetings these days, and this is a nice, quick (hopefully discreet) way to do it.

I was kind of scared of the color at first because it's described as a "deep" berry, but it actually looks pretty natural. If I want it to look a little more dramatic, it does build up to be quite pigmented with several swipes. I've also been using it as a lip balm too. I don't have that many blushes in this shade (I tend to gravitate towards peachy shades), but I really love this for a nice, flushed wintery look.

And ever since this arrived, I have not been able to get the Prince song out of my head. Thank goodness I already had it handy on my iphone downloads. 🎶

She wore a
Raspberry beret
The kind you find in a second hand store
Raspberry beret
And if it was warm she wouldn't wear much more
Raspberry beret
I think I love her

wrist swatchwrist swatchcheeck swatchcheeck swatch

MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret 

@PrettyPaint  Awesome review! 

@PrettyPaint   It's difficult not to think of that song, over and over and over... 🙂

@Ispend2much6  Haha....sorry about that 🙂

@PrettyPaint   It's not you; I had the same reaction!  But I keep repeating only two lines of the chorus.

What a super fun afternoon, spent drinking tea and playing with makeup – which carried right into the next morning. This is why we love beauty! Thank you for this treat, @TeamBIC.

File_000-2.jpeg

Now for my thoughts on the individual items, to reiterate the reviews I just posted on the corresponding product pages...

1. LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook

I’ll preface my review by saying that I am not a lipgloss girl. Don’t care for the shine (especially the greasy kind) or all the stickiness. This product, however, pleasantly surprised me! The sheen was not excessive, and I enjoyed the tingle on my lips – slight, not like (ahem Too Faced Lip Injection) some. So that explains the plumping and line smoothing action. And the stickiness was very moderate, actually more along the lines of many lip balms. The color is a tiny bit rosy in the tube, but completely clear on skin. The tingle quickly faded, but the sheen and moisture remained for awhile. Finally, with its clean ingredients, this is a gloss I can get behind, since we end up ingesting so much of our lip products. DAO 12M, if anyone could even take that long to use it up – so one star docked for the smallish amount of product in the tube. Overall though, I recommend!

File_000.jpeg

2. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret 

I received this cream blush in shade Raspberry Beret and I enjoyed it overall. For my fair to light skin on tone, the pigment was a bit too intense, so I’ll have to remember to always use a light hand. Soft Peach shade would have probably been a better fit for me. But it performed well: looked like skin, didn’t emphasize texture, decent lasting power. Vegan, cruelty-free, recyclable packaging – also all positive. DAO 24M, not too shabby for a cream product, particularly “clean”. If you like berry shades, try it!

File_002.jpeg

3. Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Starglow 

I have combination skin, so my oily T-zone really doesn’t need any extra help looking “dewy” by midday. Which means, I most likely won’t be using this product as intended – by mixing with foundation or moisturizer – but rather on cheekbones, brow bones, perhaps Cupid’s bow. Probably not inner eyes, harder to place neatly without a brush... As you can see from the photo, this highlighter has no glitter or shimmer particles, but rather a “wet” shine, so it looks very natural and not overdone. That part I do enjoy. Finally, DAO is 18M, so you’ll have a year and a half to use it up.

File_003.jpeg

4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Monarch 

I have already received this exact palette last summer and have reviewed it at that time. My thoughts about it have not changed... The color payoff is best when it is applied with fingertips – and while I have no qualms about tapping on concealer, blush or highlighter with my fingers, for my eye shadow I need more control than that, particularly if blending multiple shades. In addition, for a truly balanced “palette” there should be at least 1 or 2 matte shades included. So while I am very grateful for the opportunity to try this product (again!), this just isn’t the product for me... But I can definitely see a tween or teen loving it!

5. Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil 

I’ll be perfectly honest: over 50% of this product’s allure (and price point) is in its chic packaging. I mean, look at that thing! Who wouldn’t want to be seen pulling this stunner out of a purse? However, to agree with many other reviewers, I knew right off the bat that the shade would be too dark for me to use as an actual highlighter on my fair to light skin – with its very name (“sun skin”) as a first giveaway. [Dark-skinned beauties though, rejoice!] I was determined to try to make something so gorgeously packaged work, throwing it on both my lids and cheeks for a monochromatic look. It quickly creased on my lids even over primer (not unexpected, since it isn’t marketed as eye color) and performed slightly better as a “bronzer” (delicate, luminous but not sparkly with a light hand). The result was pretty but very subtle in pigment, perhaps too subtle. So not a true bronzer either. I’ll keep playing with it, maybe try it as a topper over a more buildable matte bronzer – but this shade probably won’t be the multitasker for my skin tone that I hoped it could be. DAO 18M

File_004.jpegFile_005.jpeg

I think this about sums it up! Fun fun fun. 😊

@civ2ru  Great reviews!

Congratulations on receiving this gratis, @civ2ru!! Thank you for the reviews and pictures, everything looks lovely!!

Beautiful pictures, @civ2ru!

So so pretty!! @civ2ru 

Great pics, @civ2ru!

Such pretty pics @civ2ru and congrats. Appreciate the review of items! 

@civ2ru Congrats on this gratis.  Thank you for sharing your reviews and photos.

@civ2ru  Congratulations, and thanks so much for the helpful reviews and swatches. You look gorgeous in everything!

@civ2ru  Congratulations!

Congratulations, @civ2ru !  Your reviews are helpful and your pictures are great!  Your views on lipgloss, highlighter, peach blush, and using your fingers to apply eyeshadow could have been me writing those parts!  😄  Enjoy your goodies!  💖💖💖

More reviews on another lovely product I received. I am so happy with Saie's Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter in Starglow (universal champagne). This may be my fav of the bunch. I love the gel-based texture. It's multi-use, so you can blend it with foundation, lotion, or even put it on top of your makeup. It has rose hip seed oil and glycerin which helps add some moisture into foundation. I have experienced no breakouts from using it, and it adds such a nice glowy finish to my makeup in a natural way.  I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out. I have a few foundations that haven't been working out too well because they are too dry, and this product is great at bringing a little moisture and a more dewy/luminous look to dull-appearing foundations.

nice packagingnice packagingswatchswatch

Saie Mini Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter Starglow 

@PrettyPaint  The Saie is one of my favs too!

@PrettyPaint   Pretty swatches!

Awww thanks so much @Ispend2much6 

So excited to try these products 😍 Although I had previously bought and reviewed 2 of them. Merit, Saie and Westman Atelier are brands I have not tried yet so I can't wait to test them out ☺️ a big thank you to the Sephora Team @TeamBIC for giving me the opportunity to try and review these new clean products 🤗 

* For some reason I can't upload pictures here 🤔 is anyone having trouble too?

testing