Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Feedback Wanted: NEW Clean at Sephora Makeup!

FeedbackWanted_Clean at Sephora_Makeup.png

The Beauty Insider Community has partnered with a few amazing brands to give select Community members a chance to try an assortment of new Clean at Sephora makeup! 🌿 With products from Lawless, Merit, SAIE, Sephora Collection, and Westman Atelier, we know our Community members are in for a treat – these clean goodies pack a serious punch.

Drumroll please …! Check out all the new Clean at Sephora products BIC members are putting to the test:

1. LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook: If you’re after that ultra-shiny and plumped lip look, this gloss is just for you! Consistent application will keep your lips feeling soft and hydrated, while also reducing the appearance of lines over time.
  2. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret: This cheek balm is perfect for achieving that effortless flush. Its flexible formula works to mimic the texture of your skin, allowing for a seamless, natural finish.
  3. Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Starglow: Mix this gel luminizer with your skincare or foundation products to create a gorgeous, “lit-from-within” glow. This is comprised of 75% water, making it easy to incorporate into other products for a soft, dewy complexion.
  4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Dragonfly: Say “bye-bye” to fallout and “hello” to rich color payoff! Crafted with pearl, these eyeshadows are incredibly easy to apply – simply glide the creamy shadows onto your lid and watch as they melt onto your skin while retaining their lustrous shimmer.
  5. Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil: This universally-flattering, multi-purpose highlighter is infused with nourishing ingredients that treat your skin during wear. Apply this cream formula to any area of the face for a beautiful, luminous sheen.

UPDATE: It has been brought to our attention that some of you participating in our Clean Makeup seeding may receive shades other than those listed above and in your letter. Please post reviews for the shades you actually received in your package - we look forward to reading your honest feedback!

To our Community reviewers: Once you’ve left your reviews with photos on the product pages, feel free to discuss your testing experience with others here, and share any extra opinions or pictures you may have. Team BIC and our brand partners can’t wait to hear your feedback! 😊

Re: Feedback Wanted: NEW Clean at Sephora Makeup!

That highlighter makes your skin look so amazingly glowy. I totally need this in my life!

That looks awesome on you, @charlie111!  I love how the highlight functions as a true highlight for some and a bronzer for the rest of us.

@charlie111  Wow looks so good on you!

The highlighter looks beautiful on you, @charlie111!

@charlie111   Congratulations!  It looks great.

Such a big thank you to @TeamBIC for including me in this round of gratis with some of the new clean makeup options!

PXL_20210223_193954661_2.jpg

I did open things up to play with yesterday when the package arrived, so here are a few initial thoughts:

Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Starglow - I tried this out yesterday evening, mixed into tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Light. I like to wear the Tarte on its own for very light coverage and will sometimes layer it under an actual foundation for an even, full-coverage look. The Saie is definitely glowly, but not obnoxiously glittery or oily looking (which is a problem I have occasionally with highlighters). I'm really intrigued and look forward to playing around with it in mixes of other formulations. My beloved BECCA Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer will be discontinued after this year and that gives such a great, light glow. I'm really hoping this will be a good replacement product for that!

LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook - I'll start by saying that I'm not a big fan of lip plumpers in general. I hate the tingle and it's usually uncomfortable for me to wear (looking at you, Buxom). That aside, the Lawless version wasn't uncomfortable at all. There was some very light tingle, but more of what you experience in the way of using a peppermint chapstick. I did find the contoured doe foot applicator an interesting option. It picks up a ton of product though so I ended up with a little bit of gloopiness on my lips. Just something to watch out for next time. It does leave a very shiny gloss and feels lightly moisturizing, but it's much stickier than I would prefer. And I didn't notice any actual plumping effect. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Monarch - So, I actually got this same palette in a previous gratis when Sephora launched their newer clean beauty line a year or two ago. And I think my previous review, which is on the product page, will stand for this one. 

MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret - My only real complaint on this is that the color is not a great one for my skin tone. It took a LOT of blending out to not look garish on me. BUT! That said, I do really like the formula so far and can see myself picking up a different shade in the future. The cream applied really easily and was super easy to blend (thank goodness!). It ended up lasting about six hours without setting powder or spray. I also tried a little on lips to see how that turned out and the color works great on my lips, without being sticky. 

Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil - I'm unsure about this one and it will take a bit more playing around. My initial application gave me almost no indication that I'd even put anything on. So, I tried a more heavy-handed approach. And that didn't go well, lol. This was reading as a shimmery bronzer that was a little too orange on the undertone for my skin. But I'll play with it before writing an actual product review and see what works. 

Congratulations on receiving this gratis, @quspork!! Thank you for the reviews!! 

@quspork congratulations!!! 🎉🙌

@quspork Congrats!

Congrats @quspork , and I’m with you on the Becca Backlight too! Stock up?! I did buy Saie and I love it tho so I think it can be just as good if not better I hope! ( I also bought the Merit blush and used the Saie plus a lot of moisturizer underneath it and was much more forgiving 🙂 

Congratulations @quspork! Yikes I am sorry to hear that the Becca is one of your favorites. Hopefully the Saie can fill in that spot for you.

Totally laughing about your heavy-handed approach to the highlighter. I experienced that as well. 

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one, @eshoe! The highlight/bronze is very pretty in the pan, so we'll have to play around with it some. That initial application though--- It went from "hmmmm, not seeing anything, let me apply a little more..." to "Oh no, that's not a look I want to leave the house with." real quick 🤣

@quspork Yay! Congrats on this gratis!

Thanks, lovely! @SportyGirly125 

Congrats @quspork and  thank you for your reviews. I love seeing everyone's take on the products 😊.

Thanks, @niki172. I always love seeing different people's reactions to the products!

@quspork I've always been scared of lip plumping products because of the stinging factor also, so good to hear that the Lawless didn't have that uncomfortable feeling!

@myxducky It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see the tingle/sting sensation wasn't as much as I've experienced with some plumpers. 

Love your breakdown of all of the products, @quspork!

Thanks, @CookieGirl1!

@quspork  Yay so happy you got this gratis!!

testing