Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Exfolikate pregnancy safe alternative

I love the Exfolikate intensive pore treatment, however we are trying for another baby and I know the exfolikate intensive treatment is not  pregnancy safe. Any recs for something similar that is safe for pregnancy? 

Thanks! 

Re: Exfolikate pregnancy safe alternative

@shawnalove  It’s the retynil palminate that’s unsafe in the ExfoliKate so look for an enzyme peel without retinol or its derivatives.  These ones from Murad and dr Dennis gross are good but you’re likely to find many safe alternatives as it’s not too common for vitamin A to be included in peels. Murad Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 

@heartsmyface @shawnalove  That DDG product is an AHA/BHA peel that contains retinol in the step 2 pad. So if you use them, omit step 2. Use plain ol’ water as your step 2 to neutralize step 1’s AHA. 

For an enzyme exfoliant that contains no retinoids, consider Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder. For a no-retinoids high % AHA rinse-off peel (I don’t know how strong the KS peel is, but I assume it’s above 10% AHA), consider Paula’s Choice 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel (available at PC direct until it sells out again) or even The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL . 

@WinglessOne   Oh good catch!   Thank you!  💗💗💗@shawnalove take note to replace step two with a splash of water if you go with the peel pads. 

Thanks! 

@shawnalove   I also want to mention that it’s extra important that you use a zinc based sunscreen (Not a chemical one which is easily absorbed into your bloodstream) if you’re going to be using peels while pregnant as you’ll be more sun sensitive and it will help prevent mask of pregnancy.  Best wishes with your pregnancy!:) 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing