Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Clean Moisturizer to Replace?

I've been using Belief True Cream Aqua Bomb for a long time and I love it so much it's my favorite. I don't understand why it's not considered clean at Sephora when it says on their description that it’s formulated without parabens, sulfates, phtalates and it is free of mineral oils, petroleum, synthetic preservatives, dyes, fragrances and animal origin ingredients. I'm almost at the end of my jar and have been thinking of switching to a full, clean brand but don't know which one is similar in formula. I tried a sample of Herbivores Pink Cloud moisturizer and I loved it but I don't know if it will provide me the same intense moisture like Aqua Bomb. ps. I'm oily and acne prone.

RE: Clean Moisturizer to Replace?

I like the nourishing moisturizer from Juice Beauty (is considered clean).

I’d recommend Caudalie Premieres Vendanges moisturizing cream. Since you’re already oily, this lovely cream will hydrate without heavy oils. I’d strongly recommend ANY Caudalie product, any time, including this one. Caudalie products helped me erase decades of sun damage and discoloration. Their brightening treatments took me from looking 60 to looking 45–and I’m 56 now. So I’m a fan for life. Another ‘clean’ moisturizer that’s in the same price range is Alpine Berry Water Cream by Primera. It wasn’t strong enough for my face, which is very dry, but I love it on my neck, chest, and backs of hands. Very light fragrance, soothing. If you want heavier hydration, try Drunk Elephant’s B-Hydra moisturizer. I am NOT a huge DE fan, but B-Hydra is an excellent choice, and still in mid price range. ♥️

Re: Clean Moisturizer to Replace?

Pink Cloud used to be my #1, but I realized after a full jar that it wasn't enough moisture for me (I am perpetually dry, all year round). I switched to Dr. Roebucks No Worries Hydrating Face Moisturizer over a year ago and I love it. It's just the right amount of moisture that my face isn't tight and uncomfortable, while still being a nice foundation under makeup.

I love the Drunk Elephant moisturizers!

Re: Clean Moisturizer to Replace?

@mellamolady 

"Clean" is a marketing gimmick. If you are happy with the product, use it. 

Sephora recently updated/added more ingredients to the list of "not allowed ingredients" for the Clean label. If Sephora carries even one Belif item that contains just one item on that list, the entire brand is disqualified from receiving the Clean label. I'm also kinda sorta convinced that brands may be paying Sephora for the designation in some form or another...it's just a marketing ploy, and Sephora doesn't advertise for free, so perhaps Belif decided to opt out. 

Whatever the reason may be, you are better off in the long run if you educate yourself on what works for you and what ingredients you might want to avoid for whatever reason; don't let a retailer dictate your choices by shaming you for choosing what must obviously be a "dirty" product  🙄🙄🙄

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing