Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty

Best and most simple SPF

I'm looking for a product with SPF. Having trouble finding one that's not a tinted moisturizer, or just a plain moisturizer. I already have a moisturizer I like and I just want spf to put on top of it. I get excited when I find some and then realize they have dimithicone in them, and high up on the list too, or some other unwanted ingredients. I have oily acne prone skin and try my best to not clog my pores and let my skin breathe. Can anyone throw some names out there of plain spf's with no cones?

Re: Best and most simple SPF

I really like the COOLA - Classic Face Sport SPF 50 - White Tea sunscreen because it's super light, good for your skin, and doesn't smell like sunscreen. My skin is super sensitive and breaks out really easily but this sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin at all.

RE: Best and most simple SPF

RE: Best and most simple SPF

I really love the Mychelle sunscreens. You can find them on Amazon, Pharmaca and at most health food stores. My favorite is the Sun Shield Liquid Tint SPF 50. Comes in two colors but doesn’t really have any coverage. The tint just helps counteract any white cast from the zinc oxide. Dries down matte and is very thin. Works under anything. Good luck!

Best and most simple SPF

tarte makes some fantastic spf products in their skincare line

@M3owza I really like tarte’s tarteguard 30spf sunscreen. It doesn’t contain dimethicone, but it is fragranced. I don’t mind it, my skin loves it (combo acne prone), but the scent does bug some people. Another lightly scented product that I like is the Coola Face 30spf (chemical sunscreen) (there is an unscented version, I haven’t tried). Drunk Elephant is unscented and cone free, but it’s a little glittery and I don’t like the natural smell; you might not mind it.

I haven’t tried the Coola sun silk drops, but if you don’t mind a chemical sunscreen, you might like that. I would also check out the Dr Dennis Gross dark spot defense broad spectrum spf 50.

Depending on your sensitivity to silicones, Farmacy or Dr Jart every sun day might work. I have yet to find a cheaper sunscreen that doesn’t use any dimethicone, unfortunately. 

Hey there @M3owza ! I usually like to go with my Kate Somerville Daily Deflector SPF but I did scan the ingredients list and it has dimithicone so I'm not sure how well you would like that. I also have Julep's No Excuses Invisible Sunscreen that I like to use for trips and it looks like that might suit you better since it doesn't have dimithicone, is not scented or tinted and is not like a moisturizer. It comes in a gel formula that is easy to apply and dries rather quickly. It never irritates my sensitive skin and it helps protect my face from the sun. I highly recommend you go over to Julep's website or to Ulta to check it out. Good luck with this 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing