Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

Acne

Hi all you beautiful people ❤️ I’m 16, and dealing with some acne that I’m pretty sure is mostly hormonal, another

part maskne and another part not the best diet (not unhealthy, I’m just not vegetarian or anything 😂😂) I just got the eradikate acne treatment foaming cleanser a little bit ago and I know there hasn’t been enough time for it to really work but I think it‘s working. What I need now though is a sunscreen and a moisturizer that isn’t super thick, won’t clog my pores and could also treat my skin if that’s possible? I know niacinamide treats dark spots so that’d be great to have in my routine. I don’t have any money so it’d be from my parents, so pleeease keep it inexpensive (top $25) Any recommendations are thoroughly appreciated! 

❤️❤️❤️

Re: Acne

Keep in mind this is my skincare routine when I was about your age and had a lot of acne and what worked for me will not necessarily work for you. Ask your dermatologist (if you don't have one, get one if you can!) what products they recommend (and see if you can get them prescribed and under your insurance). Be sure to test out the products before fully committing to them just in case of any skin reactions.

I used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%).GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 5 x 0.1 oz/ 2.8 mL single use treatments (worked amazingly, I was clear of oils and my pores were unclogged for like a week after using it one), Aveno moisturizer with SPF15 (got a little greasy on my skin), sunscreen (again, greasy after use but still used it). Unfortunately I don't have a recommendation on moisturizer or sunscreen that isn't greasy... 

I also used SEPHORA COLLECTION Face Mask & SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask to hydrate my face and give it a glow. Also pretty cheap. The ordinary is also very cheap. Glamglow is under $25. 

Also when using products wait at least 2 months before determining if they work or not. I know it's too long but my dermatologist said that it takes a while for some products to work and when they work, they WORK. 

Disclaimer: What worked for me will not necessarily work for you 100%. Just giving my routine when I was your age and had a lot of hormonal acne. Check with a dermatologist to see what they recommend and can prescribe to you. Test any products you want to buy before fully committing to it (like I applied a little bit of the Glamglow mud to my chin first, and then saw to see if there is any allergic reaction).

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors