Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Acne for teens

Does anyone recommend a good handful of skincare products that are good for acne, breakouts, and redness for a teen??

Re: Acne for teens

I completely cleared my acne with Drunk Elephant. However, it is pretty expensive. You can get the trial duos for $25-$27 and should last you a month. I used the glycolic acid in the morning with sunscreen and the retinol paired with the B-hydra at night with the protini moisturizer. I can’t stress how important the B-hysdra is . You absolutely HAVE to use it if you use retinol or even the glycolic acid. It keeps your skin from becoming irritated. Face was clear in 2 weeks.

I do suggest Dr Dennis Gross cleanser over the Drunk Elephant though. The Drunk Elephant cleanser was irritating to my eyes. But I’m now acne free!

GIRL YES !! There is this brand called, Clear Start , I use it and it makes my skin look and feel amazing! It made my skin super smooth and clear ! I usually get it at Ulta!💜

@kaitlynmaltez a gentle cleanser like First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser .  Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment like Clean & Clear persa-gel.

If you're still having difficulty,  you can consider Differin OTC.  I think the Rx is superior,  tho.  If that doesn't work, you can ask your MD if you are a candidate fir Retin-A.

Are you having difficulty with oiliness?

I can't speak to if the above products are clean.

I had a dermatologist prescribe Retin A for my teen and I think it contains very harsh chemicals in it to give to teenagers. I would not give a Teen Retin A unless it is the absolute last option. That’s just my opinion since I had to use it at 21 for acne

These products looks good..

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing