Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Need to find a cool toned contour

For years I've religiously used the blush contour from NYX in the colour 'Taupe'. But ever since they closed all of their retail stores, they no longer sell it (even online). I've tried looking everywhere for a new replacement but everything is too warm for my skin tone and personal preference. I don't wear full coverage or cream/liquid based makeup (I'd be open to it if the colour was right?), just light powder if anything at all (brows and mascara and maybe spot coverage if needed).. but I miss my contour. Does anyone have any suggestions? 🥺😩 something.. taupey, neutral ashy? I don't know how to describe it. 

BC8EEC0D-4742-4529-B8AD-B59E5841F022.jpeg

2FFC28B5-0E18-4574-9014-850E1000AEC4.jpeg

Re: Need to find a cool toned contour

The new LYS contour sticks are cool toned! I’ve seen great reviews of them. LYS Beauty No Limits Cream Bronzer and Contour Stick Harmony 

I would say that the Fenty Match stixs in the color “soft amber” would be good for fair skin tones. It is a cream contour instead of powder which might blend into the skin better.

LYS is the first bronzer I ever bought.  I have yellow-toned brown skin, and the Strength bronzer adds the perfect neutral-yet-rosy contour to add effortless dimension to a full face of makeup.  It won’t look like you purposely contoured; subtle & sexy.  It isn’t too ashy, but not too blush-y.  It totally works without using a blush. A natural look that lasts, but is easy to remove when cleaning your face.  And it’s “clean” too!  Attractive packaging with a mirror included.

I was just able to add NYX Sweetcheeks Matte Creamy Powder Blush in So Taupe to my Ulta cart @MegEOB . It is only available on line. Also if you would like another suggestion I personally like Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour & Highlight Stick Fawn . It is the perfect cool toned contour that blends beautifully.

@MegEOB this is a swatch of Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour & Highlight Stick Fawn . I swiped it 3 times on my hand.

E7A9E0E9-4D11-4AC4-B437-44F4B9B2FF9A.jpeg

@MegEOB 

Kevyn Aucoin contour in Medium has that neutral, taupey not bronzey shade I think you’re looking for? The price is exxy but I’ve yet to use up a pan! Hope that helps 🙂 I loathe it when one’s fave products get discontinued!! 

@MegEOB -- yu know, i bought that shame shade, So Taupe, just last month at Ulta.com. It's only only, but they are selling it now, June 16th 2021, for less than $8USD.

Also, might want to look at SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Face Powders – Blush, Bronze, Highlight, & Contour 35 Second Chance . It's been on my list for a nice cool looking contour for ages. 

Smashbox Cali Contour palette! Seriously the best. Very cool, neutral contour (top left). Good luck!

@MegEOB How about Inglot #504?

I'll take a look and try it out! Thanks 🙂

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • BC8EEC0D-4742-4529-B8AD-B59E5841F022.jpeg
  • 2FFC28B5-0E18-4574-9014-850E1000AEC4.jpeg