Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

Beautylish's Black Friday Sale has 25%-50% off Wayne Goss products as well as bundles pairing a First Edition eye set and getting a free eyeshadow palette, buy the F1 angled brush and get a free blush, and buy the F3 powder brush and get a free bronzer. I suspect Wayne is clearing out his cosmetics in preparation for new launching new launches next year. Note: All Black Friday Sales are final.

1000011712.png

1000011713.png

1000011714.png

1000011715.png

1000011716.png

1000011717.png

First thoughts on the F5 Long Blusher Brush, the F1 Angled Cheek Brush, and the F4 Foundation Brush.

Below is the F5 Long Blusher Brush with comparisons. Whenever I have an intensely pigmented product that I want to apply softly and build up gradually, I first reach for Wayne's 2017 Holiday Brush. It's my favourite brush and the most unique brush that I own. The F5 has a similar airy design that I love about the 2017 Holiday Brush. Another options is Wayne's brush 14 with the dyed goat hair, another favourite brush. The MAC 137 is similar however with many more bristles, longer bristles, and bristles that splay too much, the application is uncontrolled, so I rarely use it.

L-R: WG 2017 Holiday Brush, MAC 137, WG 14, WG F5L-R: WG 2017 Holiday Brush, MAC 137, WG 14, WG F5

Below is the F1 Angled Cheek Brush and the comparisons. I do not have any that are designed/shaped like the F1 with its very gradual slant. The closest to the way it splays is Sonia G's Lotus Detail Brush through it is quite a bit smaller. The angled brush that I use the most is the Smith 157 brush, which fits perfectly into the individual shades in the Chanel Travel Voyage blush compacts. Wayne designed a rectangular brush

L-R: WG F5, Smith 157, Sonia G Lotus Detail, Bobbi Brown Angled Face BrushL-R: WG F5, Smith 157, Sonia G Lotus Detail, Bobbi Brown Angled Face BrushWG F5 Angled Cheek BrushWG F5 Angled Cheek Brush

Below is the F4 Foundation Brush. It is shaped differently than other foundation brushes that Wayne has designed. I'm curious how it compares to Sonia G's Jumbo Base (which has an angled design), how it compares to Wayne's 2021 Holiday Brush, which is also a buffing brush, and to his 13, which can be used for liquids, creams, and powders (an all-in-one brush).

L-R: Sonia G Jumbo Base, WG F4, WG Holiday 2021, WG First Anniv 01, WG 24SL-R: Sonia G Jumbo Base, WG F4, WG Holiday 2021, WG First Anniv 01, WG 24S

@TraceyEB thanks for the awesome breakdown and comparisons! I want to try the F1 and the F4.

@makeitup305, thank you for the compliment! I used the face brushes today for the first time since washing them and the F1 was my favourite. I used it with bronzer; it is wide enough to apply it in one go; it applied and blended bronzer seamlessly. The slant allows it to move beautifully around the contours of the face. My other angled brushes are more narrow and I use them for blush and highlighter but not for bronzer. I used the F4 foundation brush with Haus Labs foundation, which has a perfecting quality so I need to try it with a few others. What I can say is after using all 5 brushes, my complexion products looked airbrushed!

Oooh, @TraceyEB, the F4 looks like something I’d really like. 😍 That’s great to know about the F5 and pigmented products - I’ll keep that in mind. Will aim to try one of those two, if not both, during this coming  work week.

My WG First Edition Collection brushes arrived and I gasped at how stunning the brushes are with their glossy handles, matte ferrules, silky soft saikoho goat hair, and interesting shapes.

Did a quick visual comparison of Wayne's E1 Large Shadow Brush and two Sonia G worker brushes. The WG E1 is larger and splays further; visually, it's like a big brother to the Worker One and Lotus Worker. Below are the larger eyeshadow brushes that I have to compare to the E1. WG's original 17 was a beloved brush, so the E1 will undoubtedly be a welcomed surprise. The E1 has more flexibility through the bristles than any of the large eyeshadow brush comparitors below. The new E6 Small Detail Brush is the smallest and firmest push liner brush of the ones I own.

Wayne Goss First Edition CollectionWayne Goss First Edition CollectionL-R: Sonia G Lotus Worker, WG E1, Sonia G Worker OneL-R: Sonia G Lotus Worker, WG E1, Sonia G Worker OneL-R: Sonia G Lotus Worker, WG E1, Sonia G Worker OneL-R: Sonia G Lotus Worker, WG E1, Sonia G Worker One

L-R: WG 16, WG 17, WG E1, Rephr 33L-R: WG 16, WG 17, WG E1, Rephr 33L-R: WG E6, WG First Anniv 08; Rae Morris 17, Smith 212, WG E6, WG First Anniv 08L-R: WG E6, WG First Anniv 08; Rae Morris 17, Smith 212, WG E6, WG First Anniv 08

@TraceyEB thanks for the comparisons!

Received the F1 angled cheek, the F4 foundation, and E6 pushliner brush last week and I love them! Now I'm wondering if I should grab more. Curious how the F2 feels when used in buffing motions — I have the Hakuhodo (Wayne Goss OEM) J210 which is similar and I find it a little pokey. Also wondering about the airy F5 cheek — that one looks close to the Hakuhodo G5538 but I've heard that one can be scratchy. Thanks!

@Astradyne, hi! Love the brushes you picked for your order! The F2 feels silky smooth on the skin, including when using it in buffing motions. With its rounded shape, it moves beautifully around the face. I used it today with Guerlain Meterorites. The F5 is silky, airy, and with enough structure to place product where you want it. I used it today to apply a vibrant blush and highlighter mixed together. When I looked up the specs, the F5 and the Hakuhodo G5538 have the same bristle length. I couldn't tell if they have the same thickness. I read a review where the Hakuhodo G5538 was described as "slightly coarse." I'm hoping Sonia G reviews Wayne's brushes and can complete the measurements and maybe her comparisons include the Hakuhodo G5538.

Gorgeous @TraceyEB! 💗 I am excited to get to mine and put them to use! Your description of E1 and E6 are making me think I need to try those first. 

@itsfi, it would be an easy eye look while you contemplate the brushes you want to try next! Hope you love them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

@TraceyEB  Thanks for all the comparison photos! Wow, the E1’s larger than I expected (even after watching Wayne introduce it in his video). It’s more like the usual fude eye shader size, but denser like the Worker One. Very interesting! 

The whole collection looks beautiful lined up together. I hope they all perform well for you! My 3 brushes will hopefully arrive tomorrow. 🙂 

@WinglessOne, I, too, was surprised at how large it was! I added comparitors to the post above. Wayne has only made one brush that is that large (original brush 17) but E1 has much more flexibility. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when your brushes arrive. My first impression of the F5 brush: ecstatic! His original 14 brush is a beloved brush of mine, so I hope the F5 performs as designed.

Love the comparisons @TraceyEB !  Rethinking on passing F1/F5 though.

@danielledanielle, the F1 and F5 are looking pretty unique in design and I suspect the F5 is unique in what it does. Just posted my first thoughts about them and the brushes that I have for comparisons.

Oh no doubt @TraceyEB .   Your initial pic had me waffling on my decision not to get them.  Especially with F5 still being available.  But, seeing your newer pic\comparisons, I actually feel solid on not getting F5.  I was always curious about the WG holiday brushes I missed, with 2017 coming out before I really got into brush buying.  I don't go for that shape for blush because I apply blush more in a C-shape and oddly enough Rephr's 30 is pretty good on dispersing blushes that usually look like bruises on me.  The closest I have to F5 would be Sonia G's Soft cheek, which I don't use for blush and Sephora's Featherweight 83, which I prefer for highlight.   F1, though....  Different story.  The density surprised me, and now I am regretting not getting it 😂.  Onto the wishlist it goes!

@danielledanielle, the description that I read for the Sephora Featherweight 93 - "the bristles are long and flexible, which allows it to deposit a light application of product" - could be written for Wayne's F5, so it sounds like you have a similar brush already. Love that you can use the rephr 30 brush for pigmented blush! I just tried the face brushes today after washing them and the F1 was my favourite. It's wide enough to apply bronzer all over my face in nearly one pass and the slant facilitates seamless movement around the contours of the face, which helps with application and blending. It's as lovely as you see in Wayne's video. Glad it's on your waitlist!

Beautylish is experiencing a slight delay in receiving their Wayne Goss First Edition brush inventory. They expect it to arrive at their Fulfillment Center on Nov 6 and will ship as soon as possible. They also gave me a $10 courtesy credit against my next order.

I took a look at my current brushes. Wayne’s previous brushes feel very similar in texture to Rephyr’s to me (the face brushes.)

I canceled my order going to rethink it. My credit was immediately reapplied to my account.

@Ispend2much6, it's okay to change your mind; you have to feel good about your purchase! Glad to hear Beautylish's Customer Service quickly credited your account. I never got into Rephr face brushes. I like the 17 flat head brush for cream and powder blush/highlighters and the 04 angled brush that I use for travel but had a fan and powder brush that I never reached for, so gave to a friend's daughter who was getting into makeup. I have a mix of their basic brushes 01, 02, 03, 12, 14, 21, 28 and more uniquely shaped brushes (to me) like the 23 micro pencil, the 33 arrow head (my favourite), and the 34 wispy eyeliner brush. I have the angled 32 brush but I find it too stiff. I'm a big fan of one style of their modular components that perfectly stores my CT and TF eyeshadow quads and TF blush compacts and I love their new eyelash curler.

I totally agree with you about their lash curler! @TraceyEB 

576 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg