Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

@Buootiful, 🤞🏼🤞🏼 the bags include a brush or two! I ended up going for the medium deluxe bag. It’ll be easier for me to gift any duplicates. @TraceyEB 

@itsfi, I went with the light surprise bag, trying to avoid duplicates especially the eyeshadow palettes as I have three of the four.  I tend to buy more medium shades (and some deep) even though my skintone is light. I'm not sure brushes are included in the surprise bags, but that would be a lovely surprise!  I did notice that Wayne isn't listing a number of brushes in his regular line, like his second edition eye and face brush sets, some dyed goat hair brushes, and two of three synthetic brushes. I love his blue squirrel brushes, so picked up an extra 04 in case they go out of stock.

@TraceyEB, I checked my order history and it looked like the shades I have tend to fall more into the lighter side of his product range and the medium worked out for me pretty well. Oh, that is a great observation about his brushes. I'm wondering if I should pick up a few more of his brushes now. Decisions, decisions...

Thank you for posting the details @TraceyEB! And now comes the hard part, which one(s) to get?!! 🤔 

@itsfi, exactly! I'm debating which shade level to get...

Same here @TraceyEB. I should have done a scan of what WG I have to see if it leans more heavily on the light or medium side. That might be the deciding factor. Maybe I’ll look at my order history. 

Wayne Goss Surprise Bags are coming on Black Friday. Sign up for access at Beautylish.

Screenshot (354).png

Oooh!!! This sounds good @TraceyEB!

@itsfi, it does! Just posted details on the surprise bags. Also, on sale tomorrow, Thurs at noon PST.

Thanks @TraceyEB! I’ve put it into my calendar. 12noon PST sounds like a good time to take a break from cooking. 😂 

@itsfi, it does!

Launch of the Tourmaline Collection has been rescheduled to Tuesday, October 5.

Screenshots/swatches below are from Mel Thompson's video of the Wayne Goss Tourmaline Collection.

About the shades (from Wayne's launch video):

Shade 1 (top left): A shimmering light pink, like an oyster pink (can also be used as a highlighter on the face & body)

Shade 2 (top middle): A sand gold

Shade 3 (top right): A rich deep burgundy

Shade 4 (bottom left): A deep rich matte brown

Shade 5 (bottom middle): A burgundy with a copper undertone

Shade 6 (bottom right): A gold celestial shade to wash over any look [to elevate it]

Also swatched below on the far right are the two kohl pencils.

From Mel Thompson's video on the WG Tourmaline CollectionFrom Mel Thompson's video on the WG Tourmaline Collection

From Mel Thompson's video on the WG Tourmaline CollectionFrom Mel Thompson's video on the WG Tourmaline Collection

Inspiration: Burgundy reminds Wayne of old Hollywood and he considers it a shade that suits everybody because it's in the middle of the colour spectrum (it's neither cool nor warm). He feels it's a great way to add colour to the eye without using purples or greens and is versatile whether you want a little accent at the corner of the eye or a dramatic smokey eye.

@TraceyEB  In Wayne's video for Beautylish, the entire palette looks brownish.  In Mel's video here, it looks mauvey, which I prefer.  Wish I could get a good read on this.  Have you seen it in person?

@Ispend2much6, I think Mel Thompson's video has the more realistic view of the palette. She describes it as plums and her eye looks support that. The bottom left shade is a deep matte brown. I'm planning to pre-order it and expect to see more videos as Tuesday approaches. I don't expect it to sell out.

Wayne Goss Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Tourmaline and 2 new kohl eye pencils launch on Sept 28 at 10 am PT. Launch video is on Wayne's YT channel; sign up via Beautylish.

Screenshot_20210924-134610.png

From Wayne's video: Tourmaline Luxury Eyeshadow Palette, and Copper Flame and Tiger's Eye kohl pencilsFrom Wayne's video: Tourmaline Luxury Eyeshadow Palette, and Copper Flame and Tiger's Eye kohl pencils

The Nude Luxury Lip Collection reveal is on Friday, Aug 20 on WG's YT channel. The 8 lipstick and 3 lip pencil collection launches Tues, Aug 24 at 10 am PT. Photos and swatches by Sonia G at IG sweetmakeuptemptations.

Img_2021_08_22_02_39_30~2.jpegImg_2021_08_22_02_38_47.jpeg

Wayne's releasing nude lippies

Screenshot_20210816-174350.png

Ooh, are you gonna get anything? @danielledanielle 

I might wait awhile, just because I still have to wear a mask most days, but I'm tempted @Buootiful 

Goss Edit Singles now available at Beautylish! I especially like brushes 01 (powders), 02 (foundation), 03 (powders), 04 (precision with powders), 05 (for hooded eyes), and 07 (precision concealing).

Screenshot_20210805-120614.png

Screenshot_20210805-120632.png

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos249
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg