Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

Beautylish's Gift Card Event is live. Here are Wayne's sale items: 30% off eye liners, lip liners, lipsticks and lip glosses. Exceptional savings on his brush and eyeshadow/blush/bronzer bundles; suspect he's firesaling these makeup products in anticipation of a brand relaunch. No mascara restock, @itsfi (boo!).

Screenshot_20240321-111651.png

Screenshot_20240321-111528.png

Screenshot_20240321-114223.png

I know @TraceyEB! I'm bummed, but also hopeful that he'll have the mascara when he relaunches his rebrand. Will you pick up any backup brushes or products?

@itsfi, I expect the eye and lip liners, lipsticks, glosses, and mascara will carry through on the rebrand. I hope some of his previous brushes come back, like the Air Brush. I know he's planning synthetic brushes, which I'm interested in, and skincare, which I'm less interested in unless it's a mist or setting spray. I like his foundation but not the powder (I find it too fussy - a hint too much can look cakey).  The E2 and E3 are the brushes I would be eyeing in this sale ...maybe  What about you?

From your lips @TraceyEB! Love that you are eyeing 😉 those brushes! I may pick up another E2 brush - I have hooded eyes, on the small side and that small crease brush is a nice size and shape. I thought about picking up his foundation but any of the shades I might be are out of stock. No big deal, it's not like I'm running low on foundation over here. 😅 

Beautylish is offering Lucky Bags again and I noticed that there is a Wayne Goss XL Lucky Bag for $150 for $300+ in product, including brushes + $15 for shipping.  Note: only available in the US. I suspect this is to further reduce his current product stock in anticipate of new launches with new advisors he has brought on.

Screenshot (433).png

@TraceyEB  Do you think the brushes will be the new ones or old stock?

@Ispend2much6, I'm really not sure. I was going to ask Beautylish if his Lucky Bags are limited to products listed on their website. I'll post if I learn anything more.

@TraceyEBThank you so much!

@Ispend2much6, this is the answer I received when I asked if the WG Lucky Bags contained only products currently listed on their website: " The Wayne Goss Lucky Bags only include select Wayne Goss products sold on our Beautylish site." I suppose there is wiggle room for interpretation but I suspect it is drawing from what is currently available on the website and includes brushes. If you click on the buy button, you are prompted to select a complexion type (e.g. fair to light).

@TraceyEB  Thank you!!!  Now, if we only knew that full sets of brushes would be included...😃

@Ispend2much6, I'd be happy with an Air Brush and one of the eyeshadow palettes that didn't restock! 😂 I wish we had access to more of his first brushes. They're still my favourite ones to use.

@TraceyEB  I'd take one of the infamous Air Brushes also.  🙂

@TraceyEB, I wasn’t planning on picking up a Lucky Bag this year (love the concept but haven’t picked one up for a couple of years) if I didn’t have most of his product line, I might have considered this. 

@itsfi, it's a good value for those who don't own as much as we have. Most would be duplicates for me, too.

Wayne released a video today titled, Why My Makeup Line Failed.  Spoiler: it didn't but he describes the cycles of product replenishment and personal funds depletion that lead to long wait times for his products. That lead him to consider selling his business to focus on product development without the financial stress. During that time, he was unable to replenish/develop products. Efforts to sell his business fell through however he was approached by two people who said they could help grow his brand and he decided to bring those people onboard.

Wayne announced that his line is being revamped and repackaged from the ground up. Next year will see the return of his makeup line, the launch of affordable high quality synthetic brushes, more artisan Japanese brushes, and bringing his brand to stores and other online retailers. There is also a skincare line being developed. He asked for patience as it all takes time but is coming. He said it has been a long few years and he can't wait for what is coming.

1000011860.png

And now @TraceyEB, we know another place where my money will be spent next year 😂 I’ll try to watch the YT video this weekend; thank you for the news and summary. I am curious to see what, if any, changes he makes to this new collection.

@itsfi, I think this new collection is the first of the new era of his business. I hope he can bring back some of his original brushes, like the Air Brush and first eye brushes (like the 16 and 17). Years ago, those brushes were about to be released and then the post was taken down on Beautylish. There must be a big investment in inventory to expand to more websites and stores. Interesting times!

Thanks for staying on top of it, @TraceyEB 💕 I never would have known he was struggling...

@missaa8, I've had this sense since he began to develop his makeup line that he sometimes gets over his head at different points and the result has been delays in restocks and/or development. It sounds like he's on a more solid footing now.

Thank you, again @TraceyEB, for bringing this to the attention of BIC 💕

576 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg