Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 7.38.10 AM.png

Others and I are annoyed that there is still no pencil to match Matte Menace. They said they will release 50 with the Vice collection, so here's hoping they have a reddish-hot pink instead of just purple and blue toned ones. 

hmm the liners weren't on my radar, i tried a few and found them too creamy originally. But i do like rush here, hopefully that doesn't have micro glitter

I wanted to try the new lorac ones but literally no one has spoken about them

@JazaChai @Miradan  Ok finally looked at all the swatches. Is it possible I only like 4 lol. Here's my list, I'm double checking now 

comfort matte : hitch hike , tampered 

mega matte : oblivion 

cream : ravenswood

Nice list! I'm still thinking about Tampered, Ravenswood, and Oblivion. I have Bite Shiraz, and either Tampered or Ravenswood or both might be too close to that to justify them. And I like Oblivion, but it might be too light on me. I frequently have a hard time with shades lighter than my natural lip color.

I didn't find too many of the neutrals appealing. Their seemed to be a lot of colors on the brighter side like pinks/red and purples.  

Oblivion looks really interesting, but i'm not interested in the mega matte formula. I'm impressed your list is that short!

Hoping oblivion is on the same length as bite cava. I love wearing shades like that with nars el egua lipliner 

Thanks so much for posting all the Temptalia swatches @veronika23 ! I've managed to narrow down my "must haves" to 4, with another 10ish to check for dupes. Definitely getting Hitch Hike (which looks like KVD Double Dare in lipstick form, mmm), Amulet, Wired, and Wildfire, and probably also one of Broken and/or Conspiracy.

What's interesting is, I was drooling over all the metallic shades initially, but now that I'm seeing swatches a lot of them are less appealing. Many of them are more sheer than I was expecting, which I'm not a fan of. Good for my wallet though!

I like the look of the metallics in theory, but will probably like them less in practice -- I tend towards satins/creams/soft mattes. Which will be better for my wallet!

You are welcome! I was super excited to see these because I had a pretty long list of shades that I was interested in. Like you I've been able to narrow it down but I have a lot of maybes lol.

I also like Wired and Wildfire.  That whole row with wired, tilt and tryst is beautiful but I probably have dupes. 😞

So far some of the ones at the top of my list are:

Barfly, Unicorn, Twitch, Weirdo, Vanity Kills, Wildfire. I also like Earthling and Oblivion.

Yeah same here for the metallics. It is good for the wallet 😄 At least they are perm so no need to rush for purchase 😉

I wasn't a fan of the formluations of the Revolution and Gwen lipsticks. I reeeeally hope these are different.

The Vice formulas are apparently the same as the Revolution formulas, plus some new ones. The six formulas are mega matte (new, 714 from Gwen), comfort matte (Matte Revolution formula), cream (Revolution formula), metallized (new, some of the Alice shades), sheer (Sheer Revolution formula), and sheer shimmer (probably also Sheer Revolution formula, of the ones that had shimmer already).

What didn't you like about the Revolution formula, out of curiosity?

i personally feel like they are going to be the same formulas and just repackaged and rebranded. Seeing as the mattes and sheers are fairly new, even the revolution line isnt that old. 

I want to see a comparison of the ones i currently have to decide. i wasnt a fan of the original either, they had too much slip to me personally (i did have a lot of brighter colors at the time tho). BUT that could change for me once i try the new bullets. I still wouldnt get any darker colors unless theyre matte tho

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.22.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.22.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.22.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.22.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.22.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 2.23.06 PM.png

source: Temptalia

I'm just getting around to looking at shade names. It looks like Sheer Beso didn't make the cut to the new lineup. Beso was my favorite shade from the sheers! I've ordered a back up, but I hope this shade is represented in the new colors. If not...😭

That was the only shade from the sheers I have, I liked it too. I don't know if I want to bother to back it up tho , unless I found it in a trade kwim

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.00.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.00.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.01.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.01.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.01.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 12.01.24 PM.png

I want so many from this category -- Crisis and Moshpit and Tampered and Ravenswood and maybe Safe Word. I do need to compare them to Bite Rhubarb to make sure they aren't dupes, though. And I did have the sense, on realizing that I wanted Rush, to head out to my local Sephora to get one on sale -- great color, not sure how I missed it before.

I can't wait for her reviews/dupes. I have so many on my list but mostly maybes... Got about 6-7 I really want at the moment... man that's a lot of lipsticks to review!

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.27.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.27.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.27.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.27.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.27.41 AM.png

2,658 Replies
testing