Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

They keep inching up their palette prices. The Naked palettes are $54 now, and I believe the XX Reloaded palette was $56. I would buy the $4 price hike on the extra packaging - or at least, I would pay $4 extra for the extra packaging :D.

But yes, at $60 you're coming up alongside NARS palettes, and Dior and Burberry quads/quints. 20 shades vs 4 or 5, but still. Would I rather have this, or Dior?

On the other, more enabling hand... $3 a shade! It's a bargain!!

I'm all for amazing packaging, but this palette (which I may still get if the colors are as fine in person as they look in the pan, and they may not be if early reviews are anything to judge by) has so much unwieldy, unnecessary packaging that it is not a selling point, for me at least.  I do understand that it has been designed to pair with the original Alice in Wonderland eyeshadow palette Urban Decay released when that movie came out.  And if I owned the first palette, I'm just the type of crazy person who would need the new palette to match.

I'll pay for packaging, but I want sleek, useful, sturdy packaging.  (The Gwen Stefani palettes were perfect about this.  Big functional mirrors, hefty frame, gorgeous design.)

See, if the quality were the usual Urban Decay quality, the price wouldn't bother me.  But reviews and swatches make a lot of the colors seem patchy and sheer--in a bad way.  Honestly, they look comparable to Too Faced.  And personally, I don't think they're worth that sort of money, and definitely not comparable to, for instance, NARS.

Lol I like the way you think JazaChai! For me, at this point, palettes have to be unique enough in comparison to all the other palettes I own beyond the packaging. I just have way too much! If I had half the collection I have now, I would've been all over it. Well, I was...til I saw the price. Can't wait to see what others do with it! 

From Phyrra's blog

upload_5667721519225779636.jpg

upload_8418935494849386110.jpg

Basically, I need all of it.  Well the Alice fan in me does anyway!  

Hmm. Miriana now looks like a dupe for either KVD Mercy or Wolvesmouth, both of which I have. Maybe I won't get any of the lipsticks, and feel better about buying the palette. Or maybe I'll get Iracebeth instead.

Wow!! I'm loving the Alice lipstick now that I see it on a model. The Mad Hatter lipstick sure looks more like a fuchsia color though. I thought it'd be more of a lilac color.

Yeah I really love Alice too on the lips!

more swatches

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 11.41.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 11.49.42 AM.png

Thanks for sharing!! I'm still trying to decide if I need the gold one (definitely not getting the bright red one). I think I'll wait on the gold one to see it in store. Is the gold one meant to be worn alone, or does it look very pigmented by itself? For me, I couldn't wear just gold on my lips, at least I don't think I can LOL!!! 

Palette and lipstick swatches up on Temptalia!

Thanks!! I went to the Temptalia website and found the review AND this comment:

I love❤️💜💙💛I have to have that palette💫The lipsticks could have been better colors in my opinion.The only one of like is Alice.The red and purple are nice too but I have a million reds and it has to be special for me to add another to my collection.The last 2 reds I purchased we’re Tom Ford Beauty Joaquin and Roberto because of the more metallic finish.When the last UD Alice in Wonderland palette came out I bought 6 and I sold them all but one on Ebay this past Christmas.I made good money off of them so I will be purchasing several this time also."""""

So I guess I'm going to have to buy the three lipstick colors I want and the eye shadow palette with no discount from urbandecay.com the moment (hopefully) that they're released. That's really annoying  that these *bleepers* do that it makes me so dang mad!!! I could have waited and got a 20% discount but now I'll have to forego that to make sure I even get these. 

smallest violin meme.jpg

The lipsticks are not as dark and rich as I was hoping for.  My wallet will be happy now.  I'll only get one if they go on clearance like the Gwen Stefani collection did.

Thanks for the alert!

WHOMP, I'm kind of disappointed. Especially when you compare to the Viseart swatches in the post just before :x.

Yep. I don't think ill be buying the palette after all after watching xsparkages video swatched and seeing Christine's 

true. Well nothing really compares to Viseart 😉

Except more Viseart, @veronika23 😄

hahaha! RIGHT! 🙂 ALL THE VISEART!!!!! 😄 😄 😄

Can't wait for my new pretties to get here 🙂

@veronika23 - you're getting the new boheme ribbons palette right? Can you let us know if it's too close to UD's electric palette? Thank you very much in advance if you can 🙂

@niki172 yes when I get it I can compare Ribbons vs Electric 🙂  Maybe in a week?

2,658 Replies
testing