Re: Urban Decay Thread!

Here's more on the collection

ETA: you can sign up to know when it launches and here to look at the items

Spoiler
http://www.urbandecay DOT com/basquiat-collection

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 11.18.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 11.36.13 AM.png

I really don't NEED anymore UD eyeshadow, but I can't pass up on this packaging and the Basquiat branding. I hope I can stay strong enough to say no, but it's not likely!!

Oh, wow!!!! Thank you for sharing @veronika23

So, I hadn't even heard anything about this limited edition series, but I was browsing Urban Decay direct this morning and saw this.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 10.58.12 AM.png

It is going to take all of my will power to keep from buying the full lot.  Upcoming Jean-Michel Basquiat series.

Today ONLY! - beauty Junkies program! You can get access to the not yet released Makeup Remover spray (Free with any purchase, no minimum)!!

Full line + lip top coats available on March 23rd.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 12.00.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.20.59 PM.png

None of those are really grabbing me. Instead I've got my eye on the changeling top coats from Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics.

Temptalia's highlighting fluid swatches

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.17.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.17.21 PM.png

I've discovered that if I apply primer potion all around my eyes for shadow and concealer priming, my eyes water. I can't even feel it, but they water out the outer corners.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes. It's awful. It's an allergy. Took me 15 years to figure it out.  Simply don't apply anything that's meant to be long lasting / 24 hours in the corners of your eyes. Even eyeliner pencils unless it's a waterline pencil.  Artificial tear drops help a little too. Xoxo

Took me a year haha... I'm not sure how to avoid using it without skippin the corners completely.

I could never find a waterline pencil that would stay, so I just didn't bother with those.

Tomorrow! - UD is releasing a new Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the shade Fix tomorrow as part of their Ultraviolet Edge initiative to donate all proceeds (the entire purchase cost) to programs to empower women.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 7.01.48 PM.png

My Skywalk Highlighting fluid just arrived y'all!

Comparison swatches:

IMG_0515.JPG

-Skywalk is on the left

-Cover FX Halo in the middle

-The ever holo Love Luxe Beauty Legit Mermaid is on the right

First impressions:

-I am really surprised by how natural this looks when you blend it into your foundation!  It is way more subtle than I expected, but also super pretty!  It really won't make you look Smurfy. 😉

-I am also surprised by how opaque the coverage is and by how thick the formula is - I had to take the above photo quickly because the other two highlighters started to run a little, but Skywalk stayed put!

-I was also surprised by the size of the tube - it is smaller than a Vice liquid lippie:

IMG_0517.JPG

Overall, I am super happy with this highlighter and now I want to buy more colors! 😊

@Anewxa @veronika23  @kiml50 @txcatx @Mochapj. I think I tagged everyone who was asking about the shade on Wende's thread - sorry if I missed anyone

Thank you so much @Tamara76 for remembering me and for the review! It was super helpful. This might be a pass for me since I like thinner formulas but I'll have to drop by a store and try it out anyway lol

@kiml50. I definitely recommend checking it out in store!  It was not what I expected, but I am happy with my purchase! 😊

Thanks @Tamara76

You are very welcome, ladies! @Mochapj @Anewxa

Thanks @Tamara76!!! ❤

Admittedly, it is a bit disappointing as I hoped for more pop. Also, I do wish Wende would have come in with some swatches especially for a short chat that was only focused on these highlights (plus no prior info pre release as well). I hope the performance is better than the swatches though.

These are a skip for me for now. I hope they extend their powder versions though. 

Thanks for the swatches and thoughts @Tamara76! Disappointed that the brand couldn't even share some with us. I won't buy a product if I don't see a swatch first.  Thank you Heart

You are welcome!  That is sad since you even gave her puppy dog eyes!  😞

@veronika23

ETA:  I really thought it would be more like Halo - I am still really surprised by how much more matte the formula is, but I think it's awesome for a natural glow type highlight.  🙂

@Tamara76  yeah.. even when they announced this product I didn't see swatches. Just seems odd to me... like why wouldn't you post swatches?

ETA: Good to know! I thought it be close to Halo too. Thx! 🙂

testing