Alice purple.jpg

UD (dot) com Exclusive shades that I own and can swatch for people:

Spoiler
Revolution lipstick: Gash, Protest, Matte Carnal
Revolution gloss: Gash, Shadowheart
Blush: Satisfy
Other: Gash nail polish

Re: Urban Decay Thread!

For reds I always use a lip liner as I have experienced that before. It's so pretty, I am so happy I purchased it.

You inspired me to wear Bad Blood over the weekend, with the UD ozone primer underneath -- wore beautifully and looked gorgeous!

I got turn on and I love it.  I like Obsession, too -- but it is super pale.  I think it looks great if you're doing a super mod Twiggy kind of look but yeah I can see how it'd be kind of a loser if you're trying to pair it with a really  smokey eye or something.

Oh that's too bad.  I ordered those colours from the direct site and sure hope I like them. Canada just got some finally on the sale page but they are all sold out because off course I didn't stay up all night ..I actually went to bed lol. 

All of the Alice in wonderland items are up on UD direct for US; however currently all items are sold out. I'm assuming they'll drop shortly. I'm going to pick up Mad Hatter and then behave myself for a while. Too many lippies thanks to the revolution sale.

The collection is up at ud canada site as well!

My small order of Revolution lipsticks was delivered today: Obsessed (regular formula) and Streak (sheer). They're both really, really pretty but I'm dying over the streak! What a perfect pink. There aren't any more online but I'm going to check my store tomorrow. It's a color I want multiples of - in my purse, on my vanity, etc. 

I also put in an order for Stark Naked (matte). I've tried and failed in looking to find a good nude liquid lipstick so maybe this will be the answer. I liked the other two formulas so much I figured that making an 11 dollar investment was a good risk. I'll do swatches/haul photo when it arrives!

The Alice Through The Looking Glass collection is up at Ulta already! 🙂

I can't believe UD released these early!!! I haven't been online for a few days, and I finally got on BT tonight. Thank goodness-after reading this I hurried up and bought the Alice eye shadow palette from Ulta. It want supposed to be out untill the first?!?!?! I'm just so happy I managed to get one!!!! 

For those that have the matte 1993, does it have an odd smell to you? I really like it, but I has a drugstore lipstick smell that I find nauseating. Did I just get a bad lippie?

I haven't received my orders yet but I was afraid of this. I hope mine don't smell and hope they're not super old. The mattes just came out later last year but I still ordered sheer and from the regular line. Hope none of those stink 😕 if so has anyone ordered anything from the UD site online and returned and how did it work out? Also did they take shipping fees or anything to send them back?

I got 1993 from Sephora.  Let me go sniff it...

Ok I didn't smell anything weird with mine.  It has a light lipstick scent but nothing like you are describing.  I had my husband smell it too and he didn't smell anything off putting.    

It's possible the one you got is old. I can't verify this with certainty because mine has absorbed a bit of acetone smell from my makeup tower, but I don't remember there being any objectionable small when I got it.

How old is the matte revolution line though?  Not more than a couple years?

@annec322 I believe it came out in fall 2015, so it's not even been one year yet! I don't think it's old, but I know that these lipsticks are meant to be unscented so what @pinyo may be smelling is just a regular lipstick without any added scents!  I also got 1993 and I smell something, not bad but not good, lol.  I'm returning it today though because the lipstick looks really really bad on me.

It's quite possible I just have a sensitive nose. I compared it to matte bittersweet which doesn't have any weird scent. I'm going to go to Sephora and sniff a different 1993.

@jesscheems I did buy a sheer lippie from ud direct and I am so upset and disappointed. Not only is it dinked, but it has a film of white dots all over the lipstick. Idk why, but none of the lippies I bought from Sephora had that problem. Idk what the film is...but it's making me think ud is trying to discard soon to expire lippies

Oh no @pinyo!  I bought a whole bunch and will be so upset if they are all messed up. I don't know how the return process would be and if they take returns on sale items 😞

I purchased 3 of the sheers from UD direct - rapture, streak & liar.  Received them Wednesday & they were all good.  Sorry someone got ones that weren't.

Good to know @spikeorrn.  I was going to go sit in a corner and cry. Lol I ended up ordering so many so I'm anxious now to smell and look at the condition before I jump for joy!

I haven't noticed anything off-putting.  To me the Urban Decay Mattes have a slightly waxier smell than the Revolution or Sheer formulas, but nothing "odd".  

That said, if the texture feels off to you (after getting beyond the sealing layer), you might have received a bad tube.

Look what came in today! I immediately ran to swatch it against some of my collection to justify the purchase.

image1 (2).JPG

The long swatch on the side is UD 69. Then, from bottom to top:
KVD Hexagram

KVD Underage Red

KVD Sexer

Bite Radish

testing