Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

[Updated 9/3] The Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Thread: Product News, Release Updates, and All Things Rare

RB-Logo-Brand-Tab.jpg

Welcome to the Rare Beauty thread!

Our founder Selena Gomez believes everyone is unique and rare. But today, too many people feel trapped by unrealistic expectations that are impossible to achieve. Rare Beauty is about accepting who you are – and finding the beauty in your imperfections.

Rare beauty is more than a beauty brand.

Our mission is to shape conversations around beauty, self-acceptance, and mental health. We will work to help people get more access to support and services. We want to help people feel more authentically connected to one another and less alone in this world, which is why we are so excited to open this Community thread on all things Rare Beauty.

This thread will be a place where we share sneak peeks of product, show off swatches, go behind the scenes, and more. This will also be a space to check in with each other and connect beyond our love of beauty, so please share your questions and any feedback with us - don't be shy.

We are just getting started. This is makeup made to feel good in—let’s do this together.

What are you most excited to see from us? Please hit the "Reply" button below and let us know - we would love to hear from you!

Re: [Updated 9/3] The Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Thread: Product News, Release Updates, and All Things Rare

I bought the berry blush @itsfi . 🙄😂 Should be here soon. 🥰 

Re: [Updated 9/3] The Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Thread: Product News, Release Updates, and All Things Rare

Rare Beauty's Instagram showcased their holiday collection and I'm sold. It looks like Bliss blush is in at least two of the three gift sets. 

I was Very Excited when I herd Selena was coming out with a make-up line.

EVERYTHING I purchased from her line has been WONDERFUL!!

I really LOVE her Lipsticks and her Blushes, I plan on buying all her colors in the future.

I look forward to see what she comes out with in the Future

Thank You Selena for Rare Beauty

@1979Playgirl Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you're loving your products. ❤️

I picked up Lip Soufflé in Transform. Such a pretty shade and comfy too. Is a cool toned cherry red . 

2CA24D3A-F68D-42A5-85DE-51AD4706A635.jpeg

1279C3FC-F95D-42A9-9142-E32235A0E507.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Thank you for your message! We are glad you like our Lip Souffle Matte Cream in Transform ❤️

I received my sample of the blush in the shade Grace.  I've tried many gel/liquid blushes, and I have to say this one applied the most evenly, and has the most saturated color! 

I also received the Brow Harmony Pencil and Gel set in Cool Brown.  The brush for the gel is nice and slim, and easy to apply neatly.  The pencil applies easily, but I did have a difficult time applying it evenly.  I think a spooly brush will probably need to be used separately before applying the gel in order to make the brow color even.  It washes off easily with soap and water, which is nice.

20200914_214920.jpgFar left swatch is the gel; the other swatches are the pencil.Far left swatch is the gel; the other swatches are the pencil.

@Ispend2much6 

Thank you so much for your feedback! Happy to hear that you tried the Soft Pinch Liquid blush in Grace, it really is a great shade. We recommend when using the Brow Harmony Pencil and Brow Gel, to first take the spooly/gel applicator and remove the excess gel by gently wiping it off the gel in the container, that should give you enough product for both brows and then you could use it to help blend in the pencil as well. The pencil is highly pigmented so it does intensify if its layered. Hope that helps and we love your recommendation about using a clean spooly to help blend it out too! ❤️

I was curious about these @Ispend2much6 , good to see thanks.( I forgot to try my blush sample. Will have to. )

GeorginaBT_0-1600130632669.png

Picked up these goodies the other day and I am STOKED~

Good experiences with all the products so far, but I'm especially loving the liquid blush. A little goes a really long way, and I've found it easy to blend out with a sponge! 

A mini review on the liner:

8DBC600B-2A41-4663-AF53-D20C7C9D1671.jpeg

Purchased as brush liners are more flexible for me and allow better application. This has a noticeably larger brush head than Glossier’s. Application is just as seamless. Wearability is good, water resilience is normal. 

7A97F48A-3AA6-452E-9C3B-F1C173D8C9EB.jpeg

Despite appearing larger, both applied similarly medium lines. As mentioned above, repeated washings diminished the appearance of both, though the RB wore quicker. The Glossier has an almost ‘Sharpie’ tone that refuses to budge, and renders a reddish/gray-ish tone when worn down.

The larger tip is taking some getting used to, but the precision is gorgeous! Would love to see something like this in a fun metallic violet, or even amber.

@eshoe Thank you so much for your feedback and for trying our Perfect Strokes Liquid Liner. Our patent-pending brush applicator is made up of 1,000 individual bristles for smooth application. We appreciate the suggestions on the shade extensions ❤️

Those both look very nice @eshoe . I’m so challenging using these liners it’s pitiful! Would you say the Glossier probably easier to use if so? And are they both wet liquid or a bit drier maybe? Pigment looks so good. You must be talented with these! 

I favored my Shiseido Inkstroke brush for so long, @Sunnysmom, this type of liner to me is a shortcut! I also enjoy calligraphy for relaxing, so practicing the right amount of pressure for me is helpful. That being said, I do prefer a thinner brush; I feel it gives me more control. If I accidentally press too hard with it, it’s easy to remedy. The RB will take some getting used to. When applying it, I need a steadier hand so I don’t accidentally apply too much pigment. I also prefer a small line, so part of it is just preference.

Both have pigment on the wetter side. They are both fairly new, though, so I can’t speak for longevity. I bought Glossier’s Brow Flick and the pigment is much drier (not the same exact product, but something I will be looking out for with the Pro Tip).

Great info thank you @eshoe ! I could tell you are good at calligraphy by your photo 🥰. I think I received a liner in a beauty box that worked ok for me with practice but I get impatient so I end up just using my VB pencil. 😣 I may have to give it another try. I agree, love a thin thin line! 

@Sunnysmom awww thank you! It’s (calligraphy) a continual labor of love to improve. I still haven’t tried anything from her line, but love the aesthetics🤩

I imagine it is @eshoe . I bought some stuff some years ago to try it and got frustrated fast. I need to pull it out again maybe. You’ve inspired me! Love to see your art! 🤗😘

Ha ha when it is pretty enough to share, I will @Sunnysmom. Still learning! It’s not just finding the right brush, but paper, too. Working on that. 🤞🏼 I will be up to par by the holidays this year;)

Look forward to it @eshoe , I’m sure your art is beautiful! 🥰

@eshoe  Thank you!  I like the shade of the RB liner.

You’re welcome, @Ispend2much6! 🤞🏼 more shades are released, love brush tip liners because I’ve just become lazy with eyeliner and they are fast and precise.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.05.16 PM.png
  • rarebeautyblush.jpg
  • 8DBC600B-2A41-4663-AF53-D20C7C9D1671.jpeg
  • 7A97F48A-3AA6-452E-9C3B-F1C173D8C9EB.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT_0-1600130632669.png
  • 20200914_214920.jpg
  • Far left swatch is the gel; the other swatches are the pencil.
  • 2CA24D3A-F68D-42A5-85DE-51AD4706A635.jpeg
  • 1279C3FC-F95D-42A9-9142-E32235A0E507.jpeg
  • 1.9.2021 Haul swatch.jpg
  • Berry
  • BB4D5908-851E-425D-8429-8D7376690B07.jpeg
  • C211FD33-C574-4E84-80A1-5E92C87F0180.jpeg
  • 4F6302AF-C031-4850-8F1F-4D96B4846A57.jpeg
  • 1000002613.png
testing