cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Upcoming BITE Beauty Releases

bite-beauty-logo

This thread is for discussing current products, sharing upcoming releases and spreading general love for BITE Beauty! Thanks to everyone who contributes for all your sleuthing and reporting for the benefit of the BT community! ♥

Sorry I've been away so much and not maintaining the thread. You guys are all champions for continuing to post! I've cleaned up the main thread to make space and minimize the amount of scrolling you have to do past old pictures. Thanks!

CURRENT:

Astrology by BITE Amuse Bouche Lipstick

Limited-edition shades of the award-winning Amuse Bouche Lipstick, created for the zodiac signs and releasing each month.

Past Releases:

Spoiler
2017 Holiday stuff...
(CA exclusive) (2017) 'Red Flag' Amuse Bouche Lipstick (LE)
(2017) Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick (permanent)
(2017) Cava Multistick (permanent)
(2017) The Lip Pencil shade expansion (permanent)
(2017) Prismatic Pearl Creme Lipgloss (permanent)
(2017) Love, Bite Lip Set (LE)
(2017) Everyday Agave Collection (permanent)
(2017) The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Duo (LE)
(2017) Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche Lipstick Collection (LE)
(Holiday 2016) The Perfect Bite Set (LE)

(Holiday 2016) BITE Discovery Set (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Best Bite Redux (LE)
(Holiday 2016) AB Lipstick in Mistletoe (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Gold Crème Lip Gloss (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Duo (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Matte Crème Lip Crayon Collection (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Vault Collection (LE)
(November 2016) Amuse Bouche 'Mauvember' 2016 Lipstick (LE)
(2016) The Perfect Pair High Pigment Lip Pencil Duo (LE)
(2016) Multisticks (permanent)
(2016) Cava Lip Collection (permanent)

(2016) Amuse Bouche 'Berry Rouge' VIB Rouge Exclusive (LE)
(CA Exclusive) (2016) Amuse Bouche in GTA (LE)
(2016) Amuse Bouche Lipstick 'Sweet & Savoury' Shade Extension (permanent/LE)
(2016) Spring Fling Set (LE)
(2016) Amuse Bouche Lipstick initial shade range (permanent)
(2016) Matte Crème Lip Crayon shade extension (permanent)
(2015) Lip Lab Limited Release Crème Deluxe Series 001 - 012 (LE)
(Holiday 2015) Mix N Mingle Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos (LE)
(Holiday 2015) Best BITE Rewind Mini Matte Crème Lip Crayon Set (LE)
(Holiday 2015) BITE Discovery Set (LE)
(CA Exclusive) (November 2015) 'Mauvember' Luminous Crème Lipstick (LE)
(Summer 2015) Luminous Crème Lipstick | Bellini, Mimosa, Kir Royale (LE)

(US exclusive) (July 2015) Frozen Berries Matte Crème Lipstick (LE)

(July 2015) Opal Matte Crème Lipstick (permanent)

(July 2015) Opal Crème Lip Gloss (permanent)

(CA exclusive) (July 2015) Maple Matte Crème Lipstick (LE)
(CA exclusive) (July 2015) Maple Agave Lip Mask (permanent)

Re: Upcoming BITE Beauty Releases

Just to clarify: astronomers didn't "try" to do astrology. We simply noted the following:

• The Babylonians account for 13 constellations. One, Ophiuchus, was intentionally left out of the zodiac. While exact intentions are unknown, we presume they left Ophiuchus out because assigning 13 constellations for a 12 month year is awkward. Leaving it out doesn't change things, however. The Sun is still "in" Ophiuchus ~18 days a year.
  • The Earth's axis precesses in space over long periods of time. This means that the Earth is now "oriented" differently than it was in the past and therefore (from our unique perspective) the Sun passes through a different constellation each month than it did in the past. The constellations associated with each month have thus shifted.

These are just facts. Of course, everyone is free to have their own opinions and belief systems. If astrology works for you - that's great! I will still probably buy one of these lipsticks - but only because the color is bangin', not because it corresponds with when I was born. 😄

Very true 😊 Like most scientific writing, and many instances that involve scientists and microphones, the nuance gets stripped out when the media enters the scene!

Western forms of astrology (of which newspaper columns are a tiny, accessible sliver) are oriented around seasonality ❄️🌸☀️🍂 ...constellations were the original point of reference but they don't incorporate precession (the "shift") over time. Indian astrology *does*, but when Ophiuchus was hot news I didn't encounter any reporters interested in talking to jyotishis!

For clarification, I actually see astrology as part of the humanities, not something that can take a seat in empirical science. It's a storytelling discipline. But in a world where we can buy strawberries in Canada in February and eat Chilean sea bass in Moscow, it's one of the few common languages left that people can use to talk about the emotions of time and place and how they "look" on us personally. 

I don't think it's so dissimilar from the reasons we chase limited editions of any kind, or have a shared experience when someone wears a shade we love, or use fragrances to activate fond memories... humans still hunger for personal, tangible fragments of temporal reference points that aren't going to shift under our feet. Astrology just happens to be free, unless it's in the form of a Bite LE for $26USD 😂

@Kim888 Nahhh thankfully that's all died down, but that's what happens when astronomers try to do (Western) astrology. They thought they had discovered something new, it was kind of cute 😂🌌

@fieldsofclover  They tried doing that AGAIN??!? Seems like they try to do that every 20 years or so. Must be some outer planet transit. LOLOL! Oh, and as a Gemini, I claim one for each (aspect of my ) personality-- so they won't have enough. LOL 

@mermadelove ya there must be an "astronomers discover precession again" transit. ☸️🎡

@fieldsofclover 😂😂😂exactly!!!! What’s your sign again? Airhead Gemini forgot!

@mermadelove All of them! jk

Turbo- / /

@fieldsofclover  YES!!!! LOLOLOL

My birthday falls on the 20th yesssssssss this is perfect. 

@veronika23 Oh how exciting! Ill for sure grab my Virgo. I imagine the color will be a nude or soft pink which Im okay with. If its not then I may have to pass!

@sabrinas I'm a Virgo too. It shouldn't be anything other than a nude or a soft pink, the practical Virgo wouldn't wear anything else! No nonsense, appropriate for any situation, but aesthetically pleasing. 

@sabrinas  I think this is a great idea!!! Sadly I'm pretty sure I'll know I hate mine... I'm assuming it will be in the reds and I hate red lipstick 😄

OMG YEAH!~

I gotta be more selective this time however. I think I got all but 1-2 last time with the monthly shades and sadly some have never seen the light of day. They just were not the best shades for me 😞

@veronika23  THanks for posting! MArk your calendar, @fieldsofclover !!!!

@mermadelove I'm getting three! ☀️🌙🌅

Well, maybe four... ♀️

Well, maybe five... 💸

LOLOLOL @fieldsofclover  I am going to try not to get the whole zodiac. Only the important ones. SO....maybe the whole zodiac..... LOLOL NO really prolly just. Gemini, and Libra, and Virgo.....Oh and Pisces. And maybe Leo.And Taurus.......um.....

@mermadelove maybe if we just each buy half of them! lol

... I'm just going to leave one sitting in my cart for now. Nothing to see here.

@fieldsofclover  LOL! I did the SAME THING!!! It is quite a lovely color......And I have a thing for purples.......

I love the High Pigment pencils, and I found them at Marshall's, $12.99 for a pack of three! The set included Pomegranate, Quince, and Tannin. My store was just putting out a bunch of Bite products, so it may be worth checking out. 

1F802F0E-F69A-41AE-99A0-1805DC0495FF.jpeg

@txcatx Sadly they had one lonely beat up Corvina at my Marshall's I checked two TJ Maxx's too and they had none. I did pick up an Agave Lip Mask in Lychee for$5.50 on clearance though and I was happy about that! I love that mask! It has made my winter lips luscious!

WOW that's a great find @txcatx!!!!!

WOW that's a great find @txcatx!!!!!
2 Replies
testing