1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Pretty sure I now need Smoke Red... 

Wow.  Well that's just the color of crushed rubies, isn't it??? 🙂

Like I said...you will have this soon.  😛

They all look beautiful on you! I really like Sunset on you - it's unique!

Sunset is definitley unique to me Libellules!  During the metals week Mocha and Enableme wore such pretty gold lipsticks that I wanted....Sunset will do.

I completely agree. Oh metals week...I had such lofty pans for Friday/Saturday, but things got so crazy!

Hi, first time on this thread am considering my first TF purchase.  Do you guys buy direct or from Nordstrom, Newman, etc.?  I have no counters near me.  Any incentive buying direct like for Dior?  

In my opinion, definitely do not buy direct from TF. The customer service is terrible.

While I don't think it is a great idea to order stuff with the idea it will be returned, Nordstrom is the lowest risk retailer because they generally carry everything (eventually) and have a great return policy. Neiman Marcus or Saks have much more strict policies. 

Also  consider seeing if there is a CCO in your area (Cosmetic Company Outlet). They carry items from previous seasons at a discount. Selection varies by store so call ahead if making a trip would be a big deal. It would give you a chance to try formulas or see colors/textures in person. 

annemcc's advice is great if you know what you like and want to continue buying. In my opinion it would not be worth the effort if you are just dipping a toe in. 

Their customer service at Bergdorf Goodman is out of control terrible. It was really awful. If you get a chance, try ordering from Saks, or just go to the counter. Night and day difference. I was in shock. The group at Saks are truly wonderful people, and they are patient, kind, and HONEST. BG was a total nightmare. 

Thanks!  I felt like Moodlight would be a good first purchase and noticed it was back ordered at Nordstrom.  I mulled it over a few days and in the meantime it disappeared from the website.  Of course now I must have it because it's unavailable.  It's available from direct but I think you're right and I'll just have to see if I can get it from Nordstrom.  

Good choice! Haven't heard anyone say anything negative about this one. 

As of yesterday it was available on Neiman Marcus for immediate shipping. 

Oh ok thanks!

Definitely don't order from Tom Ford Direct! I preordered mood light and after 3 weeks never shipped (and others had gotten there's. Their ca only has standard business hours too. No nights or weekends. 

Wow 3 weeks!!!  Definitely will not.  Thanks!  

I think (just my opinion-there are others here more devoted to TF) it's best to friend an SA at a department store of your liking and order through one of them. I would recommend Wendy at Saks in New Orleans. She sends me lots of samples and when they have in store events she includes me via email. I think the only thing you get from the online TF is a gift box, which is pretty but that I know of they don't give gifts and samples like Dior website.

Thanks for the recommendation! I need to get friendly with a SA.   I can't believe they don't give samples from the direct site?!?! 

Children,

The three new TF lipsticks just arrived - Showgirl, Sunset Blvd, Something Wild.

Tomorrow - I will wear ALL THE THINGS!

I want to see! I've never been to a Tom Ford counter, so ALL the lippies are new to me! I feel like I might be missing something really good so now I'm very curious! 

Mimibel, I have about 40 TF lipsticks I think.  I have swatched them all somewhere on BT before. 

If you need to see any shade in particular, let me know.  If I have it...I will find a swatch pic.

GC, get 10 more and maybe you can redeem a sandwich prepared by Tom (I wish) 😉 Dat is serious collecting!

ST, this includes L&B too 🙂

I support my local people...including Tom. 

16,845 Replies
testing