Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

This is such a beautiful shade on you! Love your hair too!

@mrsbaine 

So so hard to decide if I need this since I have Daniel.

Whoa! Love the colors on you, @mrsbaine! But I love that you went natural, too. Wow. Really flattering on you.

Gorgeous! The color looks divine on you!

Your lip color is pretty, too.  Beautiful photo.

Oh thanks for the swatches!  VO is beautiful and totally justifiable compared to Drake 😛

Sure! I think it is quite different on the lips compared to Drake so you're safe. 😉

Wow! Look at you! Just lovely! I've debating about Velvet Orchid.

Thanks BK! It's a pretty iniquity shade. The gray lean is different. 

So beautiful! I was worried these would all be dupes of each other, so I'm relieved to see that they're all slightly different enough for me to justify all three 😉 I often gravitate towards these shades in fall/winter.

Thanks @lachaton! I was worried about the exact same thing. When I saw it in the package I thought for sure it was a pretty close match to So Vain, but it's different on the lips for sure. It's much cooler which I think will look amazing on you!

Folks, check your email; saks is doing their sales again, and they have the new duo and lip contours. 

Meant to share this the other day and forgot. Picked up these pieces from the orchid collection

VO is a slightly cooler toned version of Daniel, which I like, but I also really like Daniel 😊

the black bloom night bloom powder is quite pretty. I think it would be stunning on medium to deeper skintones. I've sheered it out at the bottom of my swatch to show how it picks up light. It reminds me a little of Nars Albatross.

image.jpeg

@mochapj Now I am not sure abt passing this. Do you have CT bar of gold? can you please swatch both in comparison? Thanks so much 🙂

Sorry I don't!

I heard bar of gold was a big ol' pile of poo (broken, etc) so I passed 🙂

Ah ok Thanks @Mochapj 🙂 I might hv to get the TF Black bloom 🙂

Velvet orchid is gorgeous! I'm glad to see it's so close to Daniel (one of my favorites) because I really want to save my money for the lip foils and new L&Bs.

Pretty! I skipped this collection but I may get Daniel instead, thanks for the comparison!

Ohhh that powder is beautiful!

Crossposting from my fragrance thread - I tried a few of the new scents and thought I'd share over here too:

Spoiler

I picked up samples of several of the new TF scents on Friday at the Nordies Toronto pre-opening, and I've been meaning to come and post about Vert D'Encens since I tried it a few weeks ago.

I tried Ombre Leather 16 and Vert Des Bois over the weekend - here are some thoughts:

Ombre Leather 16

Notes: violet leaf, cardamom, jasmin sambac, black leather, white moss, patchouli
The opening is very, very leathery, but more like suede mixed with a little tea?  It has some similarities to Tuscan Leather, but where that is reminiscent of a well tanned handbag or jacket, Ombre Leather is more like a soft suede glove.  After a few hours the suede starts to dissipate a little, and there is soft powderiness of violet leaf and I get hints of ashiness.  It is a skin scent on me.  The patchouli in it reminds me a lot of Serge Lutens Borneo 1834.  

Vert Des Bois
Notes: plum, olive tree, anise, poplar, jasmine, mastic, wood, tonka, patchouli 
Very woody.  Plum and licorice/anise forward at the beginning.  Plum notes rarely bloom well on me, and this reminds me of the plum in Olfactive Studio Selfie, but a little less boozy and funky.  I get some grassy/wicker/lemongrass notes from it, probably from the cardamom.  It has loads of anise to it for several hours - like black licorice candy.  After that drops off it loosens up into a woody patch scent.  Interesting but overall not my cup of tea.

Vert D'Encens
Notes: incense, pine, fir, heliotrope, wood, resin, boxwood
I love this scent so much.  It smells of cold weather and evergreen forests.  For anyone who has ever smelled TF's discontinued Moss Breches this is definitely related to it.  But where MB is very green, mossy and balsamic, Encens is a little more saccharine.  The heliotrope gives it a sort of almond/tonka bean sweetness.  There is a lot of pine, both in needle and sap form.  It's an easy scent to over-apply.  It's possible it's a little too heady for summer but I think it's going to be glorious come winter.

I bought a FS of Encens a few weeks ago, but after trying Ombre Leather 16, I'm debating that one, too.  Does anyone know if it is LE?

Thank you very much for these swatches and it clearly shows the similarities between Nude Dip and the new Runway Duo.

i do not post often and I don't know if this will get viewed much but if DEV is reading please know I stood up for you to that awful Blogger that insulted you.

i wrote her personally and unsubscribed from her Blog.  

She not only outrageously and wrongly insulted DEV but she also insulted the people that post here frequently, saying a 14 year old could write here and how awful it is to post a picture with arm hair showing.

i could not believe what I was reading and how she does not know what she is talking about, in any aspect of social conduct or makeup.

16,844 Replies
testing