Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Couple of new shades of lip spark coming

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Love sick looks interesting, like a colour I might want but I'll have to wait for swatches.Thrust is on it's way to me but for some reason it shipped from BC so it's taking forever.I'm excited to try this formula since everyone seems to like it and I didn't really like Pat McGrath blitz trance.

@Nuwc1998here is Arabesque.

I really struggled with capturing the results on camera; I very much think it is one that needs to be seen in person because lighting very much affects how it displays. I ended up shooting a video and varying the lighting so I’ve taken some stills to illustrate.

The full face is in bright direct lighting. The light is so strong that it reflects off the sparkle of the celestials and camouflages their base shade which appears quite sheer.

The close up eyes show indirect lighting which allows their colour to come through more prominently (as a pinky red) but without much twinkle. the more candlelit scenario really picks up the sparkling effect while also allowing some of the base colour through.

Overall I found the wear and effect consistent with celestial shades in the older quads like Seductive Rose, Golden Mink, etc. However the texture did seem different in the pan; significantly wet and spongy, with my finger leaving a prominent dent in it.

I do think this quad was designed for the Asian market, both due to the colours and the twinkly finish which is so popular in makeup there. I don’t think the celestials are anything more than toppers, as would be consistent with the full range. You can certainly get them to be more vibrant but I don’t think it’s possible to make those 2 shades opaque without employing glitter glue. Due to the texture I think it would probably be impossible to apply much of anything from them with a brush but I always use my fingers with the celestials anyways.

Beautiful! I can think of what, maybe 2-3 quad celestials that actually carried decent pigment under their sparkle (Cognac Sable, Last Dance, Sahara Haze come to mind)? I guess I’ve just seen so many odd reviews on this one that I was curious! Glad to see it performed well for you, though! The more I think about it, the more it looks like a modernized version of Golden Mink.

@Nuwc1998 I was talking to a friend about it last night and the only ones I could call to mind were Cognac Sable, Last Dance (both personal faves of mine) and the recent topper from the Reflection cream and powder duo. I suppose the black in Titanium Smoke as well but it’s definitely the exception not the rule for celestials to be pigmented.

i agree they’ve taken cues from GM in creating Arabesque; and rightly so since GM is their highest selling quad... why wouldn’t they try to replicate that popularity again 🤣 I think this one may be the version that works well on deeper or warmer skin. GM doesn’t work for me personally; the colours don’t show up on my skintone but it looks stunning on every fair person I’ve ever seen wearing it.

@Mochapj your review hits the nail on the head. ❤️ GM is not my favorite but I can totally see why it’s so popular. I wear it the other day and I wonder why i didn’t use it more often (except for the fact that I hoard too many eyeshadow palettes). It’s soft, pretty and totally appropriate for work place. Since GM is not discontinued, Arabesque might be the version for darker, warmer skin tones liked you said. It makes sense 😘 

Re: Tom Ford Updates

29072100-FBF9-4BB1-BDE3-85B1650DF46C.jpeg

Everyone, meet Maurice. I remember @Mochapj posted months ago and I love it on her. What the heck Tom, your best Boys and Girls lipsticks of 2019 and it’s no where to be found. Anyway I saw Beautylish notification the other day that it came back in stock. By the time I get around to buy them they have 3 left so I hit buy real fast. One swipe there. Can you believe it? Sorry for the off lighting but it’s pretty much true color on me. I highly recommend it if you can ever find it. Will pan this one for sure. It’s a rusty brown red but very wearable. Mochapj can describe it better than I do 🤪😂🤣

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

That lip colour looks stunning on you!

Re: RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thx you @StyleLynn 

@blackkitty2014  Eyes and lips are both just beautiful!

Thx you @Winthrop44 . It’s PMG Divine Rose on the eyes. 

These lip and eye colors look sooo good on you @blackkitty2014 ! You glow! 💞

Thx you @Sunnysmom @curlychiquita 🥰😘

It's a gorgeous color on you, @blackkitty2014! 😍

This color looks gorgeous on you, @blackkitty2014 !  I'm glad you were able to get one!  💄💄💄

Thx you @Titian06 😍

TF Noir FumeTF Noir Fume

Why is this sidewaysWhy is this sideways

Oh my goodness I love the new Noir Fume eye quad. I have worn the second shade every day I think. While the lightest shade is kind of unremarkable the rest of them are terrific. Soft texture that blends like a dream and colors are so good, not just sparkle. The shimmers and mattes show up with a smoky look that is very wearable and blended so easily. Winner! @Mochapj @blackkitty2014 

Spoiler

@Sunnysmom - These colors look really good on you!  💖💖💖

Hey thanks @Titian06 ! I love them! I don’t have but a few TF quads so I think this one was a really good choice especially with the newer formula being so good! Did you get some of the new ones also? 

Thx so much for posting @Sunnysmom. It got good reviews from you and @Mochapj so it’s a must 🥰😍

ArAbesque

9 Replies
testing