Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

thank you! this is super helpful. happy to see they're not the same.

First off-I bought Pretty Baby and Leopard Sun  seeing the eye looks you did! They arrived today and I am IN LOVE with both of them! 

More importantly-what lipstick are you wearing here? It's beautiful!

@Javadoo Glad you are liking those quads. IMO they are the 2 strongest performers in this new release of non wet/dry quads.

lipstick is Le Marc Lip Creme in the shade Vinyl Dreams

Thanks!

I went and bought it today!

FYI-even though it is VIB sale, as a Rouge I still got the 20% discount today!

The code does not work online, but they are still giving Rouge the 20% discount in store!

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I've picked up a few of the new TF eyeshadow quads recently and thought I'd share some swatches and one look.

From top to bottom:

• Extreme quad (the image here doesn't showcase how pretty the dark plum with multi-coloured shimmer is, and I did find the lavender to be drier than other shades. The lightest glitter shade has a really pretty pink-blue duochrome effect)
  • Photosynthesex - the green was a little dry but still nice. The brown shade seemed a little sheerer, but it is a very nice light brown satin.
  • African Violet 

ACS_0136.jpg

And I'm wearing African Violet today - the glitter is a nice topper, but it has enough colour in its base that it dulled the violet a bit. Still, I quite like the orange and violet together. (Also wearing TF gloss in Naked Crush)

ACS_0137.jpg

Wow @lachaton such a pretty look on you!

African Violet looks very pretty on you @lachaton !

This quad looks very pretty on you, @lachaton! Thanks for posting the swatches and your thoughts on these new quads.

This look came out beautifully, @lachaton!  I hope you enjoy your new quads!

Thx for posting @lachaton.  Except for the lavender shade, i enjoy the FF quad.  I wonder what TF have up next for this kind of extreme quad line 😉

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Tom Ford eyeshadow quad, Golden Mink? I have had mine for several months, and have not used it often. It seems as though the top 2 glitter shades have hit hard pan and I’m struggling to get any colour payoff from them anymore. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated:)

@tracy709 I haven’t noticed this specifically with Golden Mink but whenever I have hardpan I press a small piece of tape over the area and it picks up the hardpanned surface.

that said I’ve never tried this method on a glitter shadow so I’m not sure how those surfaces might break up if you use the tape method.

Thanks for the suggestion:)

I will certainly try that!

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Some swatches of the Sun glow drops

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Tried out Photosynthesex today. I have some thoughts...

Firstly, the matte green shade (bottom right) is quite dry and thin. I noticed this too when swatching the quads in store last week but I assumed it was due to the wrecked nature of the tester. Due to this texture, it took a lot of building and re-applying in order to get a colour resembling what is seen in the pan. I had to go back and forth into the palette so many times that it started to hardpan that shade.

The satin brown (bottom left) is also not very pigmented but I think that was visible from the swatches I posted, so I wasn't terribly surprised by that. The texture was smooth and easy to work with and I found that it not being super pigmented helped it to blend out the green better anyway.

The duochrome (top right) is lovely. I have some thoughts on what happened with my application today, but will get to that after.

The gold (top left) is a standard pale gold satin. Nothing terribly exciting but no complaints either.

For my eye today I wanted to do a halo eye. I applied the brown shade to deepen my crease first, then I applied the matte green in the inner and outer v and bridged in the crease. I softened the edges and then patted the duochrome shade on the centre of the lid. I applied the pale gold to my tearduct and at the base of my lashline in the very centre of the upper lid.

How well this duochrome looks seems totally dependent on the angle and lighting. In the full face shot, everything seems fairly well blended and seamless. However, because of the shift, in certain light and angles it looks like I have nothing on the centre of my lid at all. Which makes the matte green edges look unfinished and jagged with bare lid between them. If I were to try this again, I would probably apply the green over the entire lid instead and then pat the duochrome on top in the centre to create a halo. I don't think the duochrome shade has enough pigment to create a proper halo effect otherwise.

Overall, I do like this colour story and I think it works well together. My SA was saying this was a companion palette to Last Dance and I'm looking forward to pairing the two of them together.

I love how this palette turned out on your second try that you posted to Instagram! 

@Mochapj, although the shades proved challenging, you created a beautiful look!

Thank you @curlychiquita!

@MochapjThe duo chrome effect looks stunning on your eyes! Thanks for creating the beautiful look. Your amazing efforts really help the rest of us. Thank you!

Thank you @ms123456 glad I could help!

This is the only new quad I didn't pick up as of yet I did get all the rest except the Extreme shadow quad because I already own most if not all of the T.F. SINGLE Extreme shadows. I like most of the extreme shadows especially the foil finishes. The new Photosynthesex quad has two pretty shades the green and the yellowish shade so I still don't know if I will pick it up. This quad to me is not very special like the others.

testing