Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

@Mochapj Thanks! I can always count on you to get the first look at stuff 😉 Sun Worship looks just like I was hoping it would! Yay!

Also, here is a clearer shot from her instagram! tfpic.png

Anonymous Insider

Platinum=/=Young Adonis

I think Young Adonis is cooler (I think the base hue is very similar, but because it's much more silver-glittery, it looks cooler).....but the top glittery shade is very underwhelming (not sure why it's there). 

I'm wondering if I should wait until more swatches to come up before placing second order....

Anonymous Insider

IMG_1152.JPG

lol. Platinum-> Adonis

they look too (even more) similar in pictures...I'd say Adonis has more red/pink in it. Very similar. I think Adonis is more glittery (silver), which is more apparent when I applied to my lids. Very pretty, but skippable(?). 

The cream/powder shadows were described to me as platinum/silvery for Young Adonis and goldy/pinky for Sun Worship. So you are right on the silver front, @Anonymous.

Anonymous Insider

@TraceyEB I also think it's less pigmented, more glittery, and slightly more rosy brown. I might be delusional, lol, but the difference is more apparent when I apply it on my lids...but similar enough!

I sought out the original Platinum last year after hearing the differences in the formula and size. I'm sure you're not delusional! I'm wondering why make a glittery cream and sell it with a glittery powder?

Anonymous Insider

That's exactly what I thought!!! If the glitter shade was super ultra glittery and buildable, I'd understand...but it's not even as glittery as celestial shades, largely transparent, not really buildable even with glitter primer since glitter particles are rather small. I like it because it is easy (ier than platinum for me) to wear, just one swipe and ready to go, but Tom Ford largely failed on this one in terms of "releasing something new". @TraceyEB

Super interesting comments, @Anonymous!! I actually prefer Charlotte Tilbury's cream eyeshadow formula as it can be built up and have a polished effect, but for whatever reason, she hasn't expanded that line.

Anonymous Insider

@TraceyEB Interesting. I've been interested in the shade Norma Jean ever since I watched her tutorials, but I wasn't sure if it won't look too metallic. Any thoughts?

I enjoy the relative sheerness of TF shadows (esp. Adonis) and how it makes my lids look dewy? glowy? shiny? without being metallic. 

@AnonymousI find Jean has more of a sheen effect that can be built up to look metallic. If I wear the shade over primer, and apply it with my fingers, it shows up very subtly. The more layers applied, the more metallic it can look; it's also more metallic if you use a brush. If you apply it with your fingers, it can look sheer, but not dewy or glowy... sheeny. If I wear it on its own, I will build it up for a more metallic look. Often, though, I wear it over another shadow. Today, I applied the cream shadow in TF's Naked Bronze with my fingers but it looked a bit flat, so I swiped Jean over my eyelid and it brightened up the look. Once it dries down, it melded beautifully into a bronzy ombre and you wouldn't know that I'm wearing Jean at all. With other shades (or powders), it's more apparent. It's incredibly versatile and the CT cream shade I wear most often.

@Anonymous Yikes lol that's too similar to need both.  I'm really hoping that my sun worship ends up being more gold and opaque unlike Sphinx where I found it to be more sheer and had the duochrome effect.  

I'm also still sat here wondering if Tom Ford is sending me an extra package which I didnt order/isnt actually mine... Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Anonymous Insider

I actually kinda like sphinx, but I'm curious about Sun Worship!!! Would you please post a swatch when yours arrive? ❤️

Too similar, I agree. If I were to choose one, I'd like Young Adonis (slightly more cocoa-ish brown) but...yeah, no one NEEDS both. Too subtle difference. 

Thanks Honeydewk. 

Perhaps it's the lighting - the only difference I can see is more glitter 😄  Guess it's a skip.

Is the glittery topper clear?

Anonymous Insider

I think largely clear, but more importantly, not intense. The cream shade itself is also glittery, so I don't see the point unless it can be built up (I dont' think it can...)

I think the shade itself is bit more rosy (adonis). Subtle difference. 

Anonymous Insider

IMG_5739.JPG

Hi @Anonymous, do you think the cream shade can be built up to look like rosy brown on the eyes vs. the sheered out shade?

Anonymous Insider

@TraceyEB I wore it today, and I personally don't think they can be built up to look like that. It'd be overwhelmingly silvery/glittery to look "rosy". The formula is thinner than Platinum imo. This cream shades somewhat reminds me of top right and bottom left shades in Nude Dip...but probably less pigmented and more glittery.

That's really good to know, so it's a definite pass for me. (Interesting re: Nude Dip.)

Anonymous Insider

Here is my swatches of young adonis.They are both the cream eyeshadow part, left side is more intense, right side is the part i sheered it out.

@Anonymous do you have the Platinum shade by chance, and if so, do you think it's the same?

Anonymous Insider

I don't have the Platinum unfortunately. From what I see it's like a pinky rosy brown metallic shade, very pretty tho.

2 Replies
testing