Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

FYI:  Tom Ford Black Orchid and velvet Orchid (perfume) is 10% off at Nordies today.

I wonder if Nordies is price matching the lowest BI sale discount amount. 

Can someone give me their opinion on these fragrances for a gal in her early-mid twenties? Some reviews say these scents are "too mature".

Thanks for the input, lovelies  ^_^

I dropped by the store today and tested/bought Black Orchid! Definitely a very strong and musky "evening scent", which is very different from my usual fruity girly scents (Juicy Couture, Flowerbomb, Chloe, etc). Didn't think I would end up liking it, especially for the first few minutes after I sprayed it. Then, it melted on my skin and the scent became surprisingly intoxicating and alluring. Need to try Tobacco Vanille next 🙂 

I'm mid thirties and love to very lightly wear TF perfumes. Some like Tobacco Vanilla would be better suited in fall/winter. That's one of my favourite for wintertime.

I also really like Jasmine Rouge, Mandrino di almafi, and Santal Blush. 

You really need to try these before investing money in getting any of them as they are pricey. 

Sirens - perfume is so very personal, so take my input with a grain of salt:

I agree with MrsBaine.  I find the TF perfumes to be very strong (strong perfumes give me a headache).  Also, my personal preference is that someone should only smell my perfume if they are talking in my ear or hugging me.   

I liked the scent of Velvet Orchid the most, but I have still not bought it.    I was able to dab a tiny bit of the sample to wear it lightly, and it smelled good.  But it is still a winter scent for me.  I did get complimented on it when a couple of friends hugged me.  So...would I buy Velvet Orchid?  I still don't know. 

I am very picky with perfumes.   I have two signatures scents that I have worn for a few years.  So finding a new perfume I like is a Herculean task for me.  They never smell like how I want to smell.

I'll add my 2 scents on TF fragrances. I LOVE perfume and I like wearing strong fragrances (at the appropriate times). I love Shalimar, for example - it's my favourite. And yes, TF scents tend to be powerful, strong ones. I like some of them (Tobacce Vanille!) but I think they're scents that should definitely be tested out for a while before buying. 

I'm in my mid-twenties too, but I just really appreciate scents like this. Maybe some people think they'd be too mature, but I have no problem wearing scents like this when I'm in the right mood 🙂 

I think it depends on the scent. In the Private Blends, lots of the scents are really strong. The one I like the most- and seems the most toned down is Cafe Rose; it smells like coffee and roses. I have Velvet Orchid and it's very strong. I wear it pretty low on my body because it's so strong. I would never purchase it again. 

I found some more swatches:

Here's swatches from monsieuralex of the eye/cheek palette:

IMG_0449.PNG

Here's some of the cream/powder shadows from beautyyee blog. She has a review of the collection too.

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

Here's a picture of the new matte lipstick called velvet violet. I found this on a german online store site called Douglas. I haven't been able to find swatches yet. 

Tom_Ford-Lippen-Lip_Color_Matte-1.jpg

Left to right: Electric Pink, Velvet Violet, Moroccan Rouge, Smoke Red, First Time, Naked Coral

11137837_860362880698085_437491361_n.jpg

Left to right: Smoke Red, Moroccan Rouge, Electric Pink, Velvet Violet

11098204_744668918964010_17557840_n-1.jpg

Not the least bit sorry that I ordered velvet violet site unseen. Looks amazing!

Lol but hey that's the spirit! Hear hear 😉

I know it was a ridiculous thing to do but TF has really got me with the matte lippies, gives me crazy grabby hands!

I love them too! Ugh! It's just one of my many downfalls, though!!

Thx Kate! It would be cool if we can find the swatch for this and the comparison with Black Dhalia. Wait, what the heck is Smoke Red. Is it another new one? Oh boy!

I believe Smoke Red was an LE lipstick a year or two ago.  They have brought it back.

In the Lips and Boys line, Smoke Red was released as Leonardo.

Thx GC. I need to write to Mr Ford that if I buy all his expensive lipsticks, he has to guarantee that my lips look lovely as yours. 🙂 Darn, I'm not a lippie girl at all but this thread pushes me to an edge lol 😉

And the 3 Asian exclusives are going to be released again soon!

Naked Coral which is pictured, is one of them. 

Not that I need more lipsticks but here's my growing lipstick want list:

1. Moroccan Rouge
  2. Pure Pink
  3. Forbidden Pink
  4. Naked Coral
  5. Bare Peach
  6. Electric Pink
  7. Velvet Violet
  8. Rose Soleil
  9. and maybe Skinny Dip (but I have Pink Dune, William, and Luca which are all supposed to be dupes)

the asia only colors are coming to US? i know they were on TF.com for a month but after such an ordeal with ordering from them prior i didn't bother! are electric pink + velvet violet new mattes? thx! btw, were you looking for G turnadot? i bought one but never used, may have only swatched! 

blackkitty, I have seen your lips!  They can't get any lovelier....

I am a lazy makeup person.  Lipstick gives the quickest "pick me up" with very little work.   Hence the collecting...

I am a bit worried that Electric PInk in the matte formula might look chalky on me.  Since it is a lighter shade, a luminous formula would work better on my lips than matte.  But the Velvet Violet would suit me. 

Oh boy, this is how I feel about First Time and Pink Tease. I want them so bad but they look chalky and not good at all on me 😞

First time and Pink tease are the only two mattes that I don't have simply because I am not generally drawn to lighter pink shades. I can wear them but it's probably better for my wallet if I stay away! LOL!! 

Velvet Violet almost looks like the matte version of Violet Fatale, with more red in it.

I had better try on my Plum Lush matte lipstick again tomorrow to see how I like it.  I love the Velvet Violet shade...

testing