Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘‘

Here's a thread where we can discuss new and upcoming releases, share swatches, and post any other information pertaining to the Lipstick Queen brand. 

Image result for Lipstick Queen logo

poppyking.PNG

Updated 4/13!

Recent releases:

Reign & Shine Lip Glosses ($20):

lqreignandshinelipglosses.PNG

Spoiler
Bestow your lips in crown-worthy color with Lipstick Queen's regally-glamorous Reign & Shine Lip Gloss. Featuring 6 ultimate shades, each providing a beautiful, non-sticky, buildable sheer hint of color coupled with ravishing crushed golden pearls that give your lips lustrous, brilliant shine.

With an enriched, super-hydrating formula, lips become nourished and conditioned, while sodium hyaluronate plumps and defines for the illusion of a fuller pout, securing the throne as true lip gloss royalty.

The applicator becomes your royal scepter as you glide on gorgeous, golden-laden, shimmering color, with a comfortable, non-sticky finish that's fit for a Queen!

Baroness of Bare (sheer, nude w/ neutral undertones)
Empress of Apricot (sheer pop of peach w/ warm undertones)
Ruler of Rose (sheer, petal pink w/ warm undertones)
Mistress of Mauve (soft, subdued mauve w/ neutral undertones)
Countess of Cocoa (sheer, neutral chocolate brown)
Monarch of Merlot (sheer, buildable berry w/ blue undertones)

Blue By You ($25):

lqbluebyyoulipstick.PNG

Spoiler
Emanating the free-spirited glamour of the 70โ€™s, Lipstick Queenโ€™s Blue By You Lipstick is a playful tribute to the lavish glitz of the decade, with a modern twist. Evolving the iconic transformer collection, luxe Blue By You is a soulful indigo blue that transforms into a metallic raspberry pink.

Enriched with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and antioxidant Vitamin E, lips are left soft and hydrated, while the sheer, shimmering finish provides easy-to-wear, comfortable, long-lasting color. Reminiscent and iridescent, Blue By You encourages us all to get out in the center of the dance floor, and strut our stuff.

Starting as a bold, soulful blue, the color transforms into a flattering, metallic raspberry pink that perfectly captures the medley of glistening magic within a disco ball, transforming you into a dancing queen in one swipe.

Saint and Sinner Plum ($24):

lqsaintstinnerplumlipsticks.PNG

Spoiler
Both lipsticks are described as a "Glamorous Blackberry Hue."

Saint formula details:
Designed for when you just want a tint of super flattering color. Each easy to wear shade contains 10% pigment, giving just a hint of long-lasting color. Build the shade for a more dramatic yet casual approach to glamour.

Sinner formula details:
Poppy designed Sinners to be the ultimate full-coverage matte lipsticks with 90% pigment.
The Sinner formula takes creaminess to a whole new level. The formulation glides on, lasts beautifully and feels great on the lips. Each shade has been meticulously designed to be the ultimate in its category - lighting up your face and your mood!

Dating Game Lipstick ($24):

102274150.jpg

Spoiler
What it is: A lipstick available in flirtatious shades that are vying to win your heart.

What it does: Lipstick Queen invites you to take a chance and play the dating game. Choose between full-coverage, creamy, pink suitors all with a rich, silky and polished finished. Nourishing shea butter and vitamin E combine for beautifully conditioned lips.

Mr. Right Now โ€“ a high-impact pink with cool blue undertones
Mr. Right โ€“ an upbeat, vibrant, bright rosy pink with a hint of cherry coral
Good Catch โ€“ a soft pink with warm undertones and a rosy blush finish
Bad Boy โ€“ a shocking pink with cool berry undertones

Past releases: 

Spoiler
Limited Edition Famous Last Words Cheers ($24):
8fc03371-2602-484c-a528-f4ccde76f906__83847.1510695377.jpg
Girls Will Be Boys ($25)
:
girlswillbeboys.PNG
Noire Metal & Cake Metal ($24)
:
lqnewmetals.PNG
Altered Universe Lip Gloss ($22)
:
lqaltereduniverseglosses.PNG
Nothing But Nudes
($24):
lipstickqueennothingbutnudes.PNG
Mornin' Sunshine ($25):
US300026772_LIPSTICK_Q.jpg
Famous Last Words ($24):
jmsjmasl.PNG
Lipstick Chess ($24):
lqspacenk.PNG
Tags:

Re: The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹ ๐Ÿ‘‘

Ever since this went on sale on LQ direct, I have been patiently waiting to see if Ulta would drop the price too. It's been so long, I had almost completely forgotten about it, but the LE Metallic Famous Last Words is *finally* half off! Now I just need a decent GWP ๐Ÿ˜€

Three other LQ sale items there as well for anyone interestedScreenshot_20180204-115105.png

Swatches of the Lipstick Queen Dating Game lipsticks via MyLipAddiction.

I no longer see the lipsticks on the Nordstrom website. However, the collection is now available at various other retailers (Ulta, SpaceNK, Bloomingdales, Barneys, Dermstore, etc.). 

Ohhh these are nice swatches! Thx @lmi82!

Dang, those are just as pretty as I feared they would be ๐Ÿ˜„

Mr Right Now will come home with me at some point 

Lipstick Queen Dating Game Lipstick - Available now at Nordstrom

LQ Dating Game Lipstick.jpg

Whoa, those came out of nowhere. Now added to the OP! 

I did a little digging and found this post on a UK website:

Via Fashion Insight Limited.Via Fashion Insight Limited.

It looks like the collection will be available on SpaceNK in February. I'm assuming that this will be the same for the US site.  

Oh oh oh, I knew I forgot to do something! These were up at ulta for the most recent Platinum Perk early access day; I don't see them on the site at all now (weird, they usually leave that stuff and just mark it as "coming soon"), but I assume Ulta will have them back up shortly too!Screenshot_20180101-000815.png

Oooh, awesome, @RGbrown

LQ sale!!!!!!!

(lipstickqueen dot com)

lq sale 1.pnglq sale 2.png

Narrowing this down to just a couple is gonna be tough ๐Ÿ˜„

Cross-posting to Deals thread too 

I was just coming to post this, @RGbrown! I'm happy to see that the Butterfly Ball lipsticks have made a reappearance. They were recently discontinued and Moment is my absolute favorite. Now's my chance to stock up!

Are you planning on picking anything up?

@lmi82

Yay! So glad you can stock up on a fave (at half price, no less!!)!

I'm debating. I managed to load up a $69 cart in roughly 10 seconds...but I'm gonna hold off for a day or two to see if maybe Ulta drops the price on this stuff too (at least the couple of items they have)...I'd much rather earn a few points and some cashback if I can. And even if they don't, hopefully I'll be able to talk myself out of a few things...with all the lipstick I already have, I don't need tons more lol

Finally found a swatch of Cheers! Not the greatest pic, but at least it's something.

LE Famous Last Words Cheers! Photo: Raniputri via Mercari.LE Famous Last Words Cheers! Photo: Raniputri via Mercari.

I do have to say that I find Lipstick Queen's Instagram pretty baffling. They rarely provide swatches of their products, and if they do, it's the same thing over and over again. 

Oh my gosh, this color is so pretty @lmi82!!  I'm going to look for the dupe @ElleElleG mentions until I can accumulate enough Ulta cash to buy LQ Smiley Wink 

I thought I had a photo of the lipstick in question but can't seem to find it.  @ZombieMetroAnt @lmi82

Pretty color @lmi82! Looks similar to one of the Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit lipsticks. 

Love lipstick queen!

Love lipstick queen!

Lipstick Queen Black Friday.

lqblackfriday.PNG

Just wanted to highlight one possible upcoming deal. When the Ulta cyber Monday page was up a couple of weeks ago, it had thisSorry it's a blurry mess...I tried enlarging a tiny screenshot, so it's not pretty :/Sorry it's a blurry mess...I tried enlarging a tiny screenshot, so it's not pretty ๐Ÿ˜•

"50% off select lipsticks regular $24"; looks like Jean Queen and Medieval are pictured, but hopefully there are more. Plus, free Morning Sunshine mini and bag w/$35 purchase.

This isn't necessarily set in stone...Ulta pulled the page after a few hours and we don't really know if it was final or a work in progress...

So now my dilemma is...buy now with 5x (I'm a little peeved I didn't get the Platinum 3x, and there was a gwp of full size invisible lip liner but it is now sold out...so I'm trying to teach ulta a lesson by not buying anything this week lolol)...

Or... hold out and hope that Famous Last Words LE will be in the 50% (or really any others...I have both of the ones pictured lol)

Decisions decisions. I'd rather pay half price than get 5x... but there's no guarantee it'll go on sale. Gah, deals are hard decisions sometimes ๐Ÿ˜…

@RGbrown Yes, getting the best deal at Ulta is hard!  I was just there today and was bummed I couldn't apply as many promos/GWP as I thought.  

Cake Metal DOES look nice.  I will have to swatch it when I'm there next.  I've only found a couple LQ shades that look good on me, though - they all look beautiful on the shelves!

@lmi82  Thank you for the Noire Metal swatches!  I was afraid it would be too dark, but it's not.

@lmi82@Ispend2much6

I'll second this thanks! I hadn't seen it before, but it looks right up my alley. Adding it to my wish list! ๐Ÿ˜„

85 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 464 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos54
  • poppyking.PNG
  • lqspacenk.PNG
  • jmsjmasl.PNG
  • US300026772_LIPSTICK_Q.jpg
  • lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_002_product.jpg
  • lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_006_swatch.jpg