Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘‘

Here's a thread where we can discuss new and upcoming releases, share swatches, and post any other information pertaining to the Lipstick Queen brand. 

Image result for Lipstick Queen logo

poppyking.PNG

Updated 4/13!

Recent releases:

Reign & Shine Lip Glosses ($20):

lqreignandshinelipglosses.PNG

Spoiler
Bestow your lips in crown-worthy color with Lipstick Queen's regally-glamorous Reign & Shine Lip Gloss. Featuring 6 ultimate shades, each providing a beautiful, non-sticky, buildable sheer hint of color coupled with ravishing crushed golden pearls that give your lips lustrous, brilliant shine.

With an enriched, super-hydrating formula, lips become nourished and conditioned, while sodium hyaluronate plumps and defines for the illusion of a fuller pout, securing the throne as true lip gloss royalty.

The applicator becomes your royal scepter as you glide on gorgeous, golden-laden, shimmering color, with a comfortable, non-sticky finish that's fit for a Queen!

Baroness of Bare (sheer, nude w/ neutral undertones)
Empress of Apricot (sheer pop of peach w/ warm undertones)
Ruler of Rose (sheer, petal pink w/ warm undertones)
Mistress of Mauve (soft, subdued mauve w/ neutral undertones)
Countess of Cocoa (sheer, neutral chocolate brown)
Monarch of Merlot (sheer, buildable berry w/ blue undertones)

Blue By You ($25):

lqbluebyyoulipstick.PNG

Spoiler
Emanating the free-spirited glamour of the 70โ€™s, Lipstick Queenโ€™s Blue By You Lipstick is a playful tribute to the lavish glitz of the decade, with a modern twist. Evolving the iconic transformer collection, luxe Blue By You is a soulful indigo blue that transforms into a metallic raspberry pink.

Enriched with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and antioxidant Vitamin E, lips are left soft and hydrated, while the sheer, shimmering finish provides easy-to-wear, comfortable, long-lasting color. Reminiscent and iridescent, Blue By You encourages us all to get out in the center of the dance floor, and strut our stuff.

Starting as a bold, soulful blue, the color transforms into a flattering, metallic raspberry pink that perfectly captures the medley of glistening magic within a disco ball, transforming you into a dancing queen in one swipe.

Saint and Sinner Plum ($24):

lqsaintstinnerplumlipsticks.PNG

Spoiler
Both lipsticks are described as a "Glamorous Blackberry Hue."

Saint formula details:
Designed for when you just want a tint of super flattering color. Each easy to wear shade contains 10% pigment, giving just a hint of long-lasting color. Build the shade for a more dramatic yet casual approach to glamour.

Sinner formula details:
Poppy designed Sinners to be the ultimate full-coverage matte lipsticks with 90% pigment.
The Sinner formula takes creaminess to a whole new level. The formulation glides on, lasts beautifully and feels great on the lips. Each shade has been meticulously designed to be the ultimate in its category - lighting up your face and your mood!

Dating Game Lipstick ($24):

102274150.jpg

Spoiler
What it is: A lipstick available in flirtatious shades that are vying to win your heart.

What it does: Lipstick Queen invites you to take a chance and play the dating game. Choose between full-coverage, creamy, pink suitors all with a rich, silky and polished finished. Nourishing shea butter and vitamin E combine for beautifully conditioned lips.

Mr. Right Now โ€“ a high-impact pink with cool blue undertones
Mr. Right โ€“ an upbeat, vibrant, bright rosy pink with a hint of cherry coral
Good Catch โ€“ a soft pink with warm undertones and a rosy blush finish
Bad Boy โ€“ a shocking pink with cool berry undertones

Past releases: 

Spoiler
Limited Edition Famous Last Words Cheers ($24):
8fc03371-2602-484c-a528-f4ccde76f906__83847.1510695377.jpg
Girls Will Be Boys ($25)
:
girlswillbeboys.PNG
Noire Metal & Cake Metal ($24)
:
lqnewmetals.PNG
Altered Universe Lip Gloss ($22)
:
lqaltereduniverseglosses.PNG
Nothing But Nudes
($24):
lipstickqueennothingbutnudes.PNG
Mornin' Sunshine ($25):
US300026772_LIPSTICK_Q.jpg
Famous Last Words ($24):
jmsjmasl.PNG
Lipstick Chess ($24):
lqspacenk.PNG
Tags:

Re: The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘‘

I am not sure if I missed this but has Lipstick Queen gone out of business? The website only refers you to stores where the products may have sold.

I have wondered this also @Loretta55 @RGbrown ! What a shame if so. It used to be so nice ๐Ÿ˜ข. Let me know if you hear anything. ๐Ÿ˜•

@Loretta55 

Not sure what exactly is going on; Morphe bought the brand last year, so perhaps there's a revamp in the works? In any case, it almost looks like Ulta is phasing them out...the entire brand went half off several weeks ago, and items are disappearing from the site as they sell out. (I could also be very wrong on that...a couple of years ago, something similar happened with Exuviance, items sold out and disappeared from the site, but then it all came back in new packaging, so maybe that'll happen with LQ too...?)

I saw that Morphe acquired the LQ brand @RGbrown @but I went to their website and you can not purchase any LQ products. Hopefully they will be rebranding or repackaging because I forgot how much I really like their products.

@Loretta55 

I'm hoping Morphe didn't spend all that money buying it just to shut it down...that would make no sense...hopefully something new turns up soon! And ditto, I really like what I have from the brand!

@RGbrown I was JUST thinking about LQ the other day, and wondering what was going on with them.  It's a brand I truly like for lipstick.  I had no idea Morphe purchased them.  I totally agree that buying it and then shutting it down wouldn't make any sense.  But then I remember Ojon -- didn't that very thing happen?!

Morphe Parent Buys Lipstick Queen

Lipstick Queen is the latest line to join the Morphe family under new parent company Forma Brands.

566_main.jpg 

Spoiler

The parent company of Morphe has acquired Lipstick Queen, WWD has confirmed. 

Lipstick Queen, founded by Poppy King in 2006, makes a range of $25 lipsticks that are sold at Space NK, Ulta Beauty and Mecca in Australia. The business was previously part of Manzanita-owned Space Brands and is well-known for its Frog Prince shade โ€” the lipstick looks green, but turns lips pink. Industry sources said the plan going forward includes global expansion. 

Lipstick Queen is the latest line to join the Morphe family under new parent company Forma Brands. Earlier this year the business acquired Playa, a high-end hair line sold at Sephora. 

Forma will look to continue making acquisitions, incubate its own brands, and help run back-end operations for other brands, including influencer Jaclyn Hillโ€™s Jaclyn Cosmetics. 

Incubated brands include Morphe 2, a subbrand aimed at Gen Z and fronted by TikTok stars Charli and Dixie Dโ€™Amelio, as well as Such Good Everything, a supplement line that aims to capitalize on the formulation and format interests โ€” vegan and gummies or powders versus pills โ€” of young wellness enthusiasts. Body-care and skin-care launches are planned for later this year. 

Long ago Morphe started as a trade show-based makeup brush operation. It was taken over by Linda and Chris Tawil, a sibling duo who partnered with then up-and-coming influencers like Hill and James Charles to mutual benefit.

The Tawils expanded Morphe further into makeup. Morphe secured an investment from Summit Partners-backed Elevate Brand Partners in 2017 that furthered the brandโ€™s makeup expansion, and also led to the creation of a line of multibranded retail stores. 

In 2019, General Atlantic bought a 60 percent stake in the business that was said to value the company at $2.2 billion. The plan included buying and incubating more brands, and possibly setting the company up to hit the public markets one day. 

โ€œWhen and if it does make sense, or the company could be a public company, we want to be prepared to do that,โ€ said chief executive officer Myles McCormick in an interview earlier this year. โ€œThatโ€™s the goal โ€” we want to be a company thatโ€™s capable.โ€ 

As the business has moved through 2020, itโ€™s had to make some changes, including closing retail stores during coronavirus-related stay-at-home orders and severing partnerships with canceled influencers, including Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson. 

Now Morpheโ€™s strategy looks different. The business is still partnering will well-known social stars like the Dโ€™Amelio sisters, but itโ€™s also branching into music celebrity partnerships (like with Madison Beer) and at the parent company level, into noncelebrity territory, like with the Lipstick Queen and Playa acquisitions. 

Three new releases are up at Ulta!

Screenshot_20190709-205955.png

Lots of newness from LQ lately!

Three new shade shifters, two new additions that turn Medieval into a line instead of just a single shade (I might need the intense version at some point ๐Ÿ˜), and a revamped lip liner.

Screenshot_20190402-182138.png

Screenshot_20190402-182208.png

Screenshot_20190402-182216.png

Screenshot_20190402-182148.png

Screenshot_20190402-182159.png

Screenshot_20190402-182240.png

There also appear to be several new shades in the Saint (3, I think) and Sinner lines (4, again, I think). 

ETA: oh, and if you like the Altered Universe glosses, there are several new shades available as well! I have two (Space Cadet and Time Warp), and holy cow, if you like glitter in your gloss, these are for you!!

These three shape shifters, plus a bunch more items, are on discount at Costco.com. I can't speak to how old any of the stock is, though.

Three new releases up at Ulta ๐Ÿ’„

Screenshot_20190107-000458.png

Screenshot_20190107-000339.png

Screenshot_20190107-000347.png

Screenshot_20190107-000352.png

Lipstick Queen direct! ๐Ÿ™‚

LET JOY BEGIN!OUR BLACK FRIDAY EVENT IS HERE!$10 OFFWhen you spend $40 or more.Plus, free shipping!SHOP NOWOnline only. Limited time. No offer code required.*UK customers, get ร‚ยฃ10 off any ร‚ยฃ40.EURO customers, get รขโ€šยฌ10 off รขโ€šยฌ40.

Lipstick Queen direct deal!

TREAT YOURSELF!                      Receive a complimentary full-size Dating Game lipstick ($24 value) when you spend $40* or more. Choose your shade at checkout.                      SHOP NOW*For UK Customers, spend ร‚ยฃ40. For EURO customers, spend รขโ€šยฌ40. Ends at midnight, November 12, 2018.

LQs site has a lot of goodies on sale!

lq.PNGlq1.PNG

Lipstick Queen direct deal!

Witches do come true!Get a free full sizeBlack Lace RabbitLipstick ($24 Value) andFree Shipping with any$30* purchase online.Use code HALLOWEEN *For UK Customers, spend ร‚ยฃ30. For EURO customer,spend รขโ€šยฌ30. Ends at midnight, Thursday, November 1, 2018.

Lipstick Queen is 30% off at Ulta for National Lipstick Day! ๐Ÿ’„ One day only! July 29 | National Lipstick Day

Lipstick Queen | 30% OFF Entire Brand In store and online | SHOP NOW

Plus a free gift at $30!

Why is it so tempting, even though I already have everything in the gwp? ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ˜… Screenshot_20180729-122814.png

@RGbrown Lol, I'm glad that I'm only seeing this now. That little pouch would have been hard to resist! Did you end up getting the GWP? 

@lmi82Unidentified

I managed to skip all lipstick deals everywhere that day ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช @RGbrown

85 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 464 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos54
  • poppyking.PNG