Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The JLo Beauty Thread: What products are you most excited to glow up with?

JLoBeautythread.png

Jennifer Lopez, famous for her “JLo glow,” is finally letting us all in on the secrets to getting luminous skin at every age. After trying every product under the sun (we know some of you BIC-ers can relate!), JLo finally decided to start her own skincare line, JLo Beauty, to help the rest of us get our glow on with visibly-lifted, radiant skin. Her products are powered by her “star ingredient” olive complex: a 4-part olive blend to boost radiance and deliver rich hydration. Team BIC is especially intrigued by JLo Beauty That Jlo Glow Brightening & Firming Serum with Niacinamide 1.0 oz/ 30 mL (aka “liquid gold”), a peptide-packed JLo Beauty That Blockbuster Wonder Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid and JLo Beauty That Star Filter Highlighting Complexion Booster in 4 shimmering shades -- just to name a couple stellar standouts. We’re so excited to welcome JLo Beauty to Sephora, and we can’t wait to put her beauty secrets to the test!

Click the “Reply” button below and tag the JLo Beauty product you’re excited to try first -- and don’t forget to tell us all about your glowing results. 🤩

Check out a full list of JLo Beauty products here:

Re: The JLo Beauty Thread: What products are you most excited to glow up with?

@TeamBIC, I was most looking forward to the sheet mask and was able to give it a try this morning.

JLo Beauty.jpg

I posted a longer, more detailed review on the mask of the week challenge thread with what I liked about the mask and areas for improvement, which I'll link below for anyone interested, but here's my quick take on the JLo Beauty That Limitless Glow Sheet Mask: it's a nice mask that generally does what it says, but at $18 a piece, it's one I'd consider repurchasing during a sale and then I'd set it aside for a special event/occasion.

It's a soft, pliable two-piece cotton mask (the lower half of which has two-sets of ear loops intended to help tighten and lift the chin/jawline), coated in a light, milky lotion serum that those with dry or dehydrated skin will love year-round and all skin types may like in the cooler seasons. There's a very light, very soft, barely noticeable scent to the serum but I can't pinpoint what the actual scent is. Though this line is olive focused, I wouldn't describe the scent as reminiscent of olives or olive oil (and yes, I smelled a jar of olives and olive oil I had in the kitchen to confirm). The mask is overall larger than your standard sheet mask, which makes it suitable for many face shapes and sizes. It wore comfortably (even the ear loops) and my skin looked and felt soft, smooth, hydrated and nourished after having it on for about 20 minutes. As for its claims to visibly tighten and firm the skin, I felt like the area under my eyes felt slightly more firm/tight, but I did not notice similar results with my chin and jawline. There's a fresh-faced, healthy, lit from within glow to my complexion, making this mask a good choice before makeup application, or when my skin is looking dull and needs a little pampering, or before a special event/occasion (and at $18 per mask or $48 for a set of 3, that's how I personally would use this). 

My more detailed review is in the spoiler at https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/5723628/highlight/tru....

@Kim888 @quspork @danielledanielle @Harobedb @twilightnicky @Nickelliebear1 

@itsfi Yesss so glad you reviewed this! I like the idea of the ear loops... I'm not sheet-mask-savvy enough to know that was even a thing, but it makes total sense. I'm always missing my jawline/ear area when I'm cleansing or applying product! (also your nails are so cute!)

@AlexBT, the ear loops on this mask are the most comfortable ones on a sheet mask that I’ve ever used! 👍🏼 Thank you! 😃 I was longing for spring so my nails obliged. 💅🏼

Ahh, very in depth review @itsfi .  TY!  I think I'll wait until the sale.

Happy it was helpful! It’s a good mask @danielledanielle; I just feel like $18 is a little steep for it. If things stay as they have in the past, there’ll be a sale in 2-3 months. 😃 

I purchased the sample kit and the mask today and can’t wait to try them. I hope not to be disappointed. Fingers crossed.

The kit is such a great way to go @BBchelle😁 It looks like there's a good variety and a good amount of product to make your trialing of it worthwhile. Excited to hear your thoughts on the mask and the skincare in the kit. 

I looked at a few products, all highly rated - and all from ppl who got it for free. Um, nope, sorry, not a good first step. I wonder if the kit comes with an Instagram filter and a year's worth of botox and filler!

@Harobedb, it's hard to get a good idea of how a product performs when it seems like all the reviews are raves and they're from folks who were comped the products. I hear ya on that. I tend to rely on the posts or reviews of folks on BIC that I know (or that I'm familiar with) because I trust their feedback, even if they received the product for free. If I can't find anyone I know that has posted a review on the item, I'll usually wait a few weeks before revisiting the product page, to give time for more reviews (and reviews of people who purchased the product themselves) to come in. 

By the way, I just received the mask I ordered on Friday and posted a review - basically, the mask is good but I personally wouldn't say it's $18 good. Maaaaybe as a splurge, but even then, I'd pick it up during a sale. I also picked up the promo gwp serum but I have some other serums to get through so I might not get around to putting up a review on the product page or on this thread for a while. 

@Harobedb 

That's to be expected since the brand only launched to the public a little over two weeks ago. Anyone who paid for their stuff hasn't had a decent chance to try it and fully evaluate it, even if they ordered the first day. Real reviews, decent ones, take time!

I'm always into a moisturizer or good serum, but with this line I'm kinda wondering about the highlighting complexion booster with this one.  I'm looking forward to seeing swatches!

Basically anything that glows 😩😍

Decided to splurge on myself and got all 4 items! 😁  JLo Beauty That Jlo Glow Brightening & Firming Serum with Niacinamide 1.0 oz/ 30 mL JLo Beauty That Blockbuster Wonder Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid #jlo

I decided to order a couple things of J Lo‘s new beauty line. I am a nurse with experience in dermatology, I’ve tried everything!!! I really hope these products can deliver since I am the same age as J Lo. So for those who are younger, always wear sunscreen!!! take good care of your skin, don’t lay out in the sun and just do a spray tan, but always remember celebrities have the money to do things that are very subtle and you wouldn’t know but I do believe her product is going to be a game changer and it’s affordable! Way to go J Lo!!!

I really want to try the that big screen moisturizer with broad spectrum SPF 30  and that hit single gel-cream cleanser. 

I can’t wait to see reviews on the sheet mask! It looks so fancy 

I'm curious about this one as well, @Kim888. $18 for one mask is way more than I like to spend but I'm willing to have my mind changed (and wallet opened) if it gives good results. 

I ordered the mask and selected the serum promo! So great it's a point multiplier promo and deluxe sample as well 😄

@twilightnicky I think everyone's patiently waiting to hear what results a nearly $20 sheet mask will bring.  

@twilightnicky Brilliant!

@twilightnicky Brilliant!
21 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • JLoBeautythread.png
  • JLo Beauty.jpg
testing