Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

@Titian06 @Loretta55 Palette comparisons and some swatches on this thread

The Comparison/Dupe Beauty Thread 

@Titian06 @I can do a swatch comparison later this week and a side comparison of the palettes. 

Thank you very much for posting this @SportyGirly125. Her video explains the differences excellently and it may have saved me from purchasing this. I think that I prefer the Elephant palette.

What what is this 😂🤣 @SportyGirly125 Beautiful haul! I’m so tempted now 😘

I am so with you, @blackkitty2014 ! 😍

@blackkitty2014 Thank you 

Love love love so much. I have already used it for many years. Just bought another hour glass during the sale this week.

Finally live on Sephora! 

IMG_7235.jpeg

71D5D7C2-64BD-40D0-83D1-0493EC9CE4A6.png

Selfridges has it right now. 

@SportyGirly125 ,

This Ambient Lighting Palette in Diffused Rose Edit is also now available on the Hourglass site, and Niche Beauty. 

Unfortunately, it is not available on the Sephora site yet.  I wish this Rose Flush Blush was available as a single Blush, also. 

I would buy it in a hot minute!

@tsavorite @Haha. I already ordered it earlier. I read that it will be an Ulta exclusive but we shall see. 

That's interesting, @SportyGirly125 !  Huh?   It doesn't seem to be at Ulta yet.  I just ordered it from Hourglass tonight.

@CynthieLu - I've used the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Bronzer Nude Bronze Light twice now.  It's so light in color, I used it as an all over color.  I applied with a Sephora fan brush (no longer available) across my forehead along my hairline, the length of my nose, jawline and chin, and tops of cheekbones.  There was just enough color that it gave my normally pasty white skin a bit of life! 😄

I discovered this little gem last year I think @Titian06 . It’s so subtle yet gives a nice little healthy boost. I didn’t use a fan brush. Good idea! 💞 

Thank you for that @Titian06 I am soooo fair I think I'm going to give this a try and see if it can bring some life to my 👻  complexion 😉

@CynthieLu - Let me know how it goes! 🙂

FBF00662-3355-4A0C-8353-82AB2DFBC2B4.png

822B08A9-CD67-4515-8EAB-799D9E123758.png

89E8CEFC-EC11-47AD-9734-C851539F229B.png

Hey y'all! The Velvet Story Lip Creams are up as app exclusives, perfect timing as it's last day of the sale 😉

Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

It looks like Hourglass recently added three new Equilibrium items as Nordstrom exclusives.

After thinking about it, this puts their skincare firmly in the same range as La Prairie, Cle de Peau, Sisley, Shiseido, Dior Prestige, etc... hardly any brands in that tier of luxury beauty are cruelty-free, and Chantecaille is the only one putting any energy into color cosmetics. 

I think they looked around and saw blue ocean in high-end vegan makeup, so they've decided to start assertively positioning themselves as "the" mainstream prestige CF+vegan brand. 

If they ever manage to genuinely get their act together in shade range offerings, I'm all in. This should be interesting to watch for a year or two 🍿

PhotoGrid_1618155452461.jpg

What gets me is the items listed as exclusives are avaliable at other retailers (or at least BlueMercury) so either Nordies is confused or HG is double dipping.

The eye balm is to thick for me but that night serum? I NEED it in my life and it's been sold out everywhere since launch. I am curious to see how they expand in the next few years as a lot of the clients that gravitate towards Chantecaille for its vegan/cf aspects don't know what HG is or that it even exists (in my market anyway). I hear 'I've never heard of this brand' so many times a week and the ones that get it for color generally gravitate elsewhere for skincare so...we'll see how this goes.

1 Reply
testing