Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

@Anonymous @Mcakes @dapt529 @meganlisa @makeitup305  I just ordered the palette and the quad as well (I know - sucker!)  But each does have 3 new shades 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@seekingtruth  -- Sweet!  I'm glad you were able to snag both palettes.  They look incredibly pretty and I'm interested in the blushes.  Do I need that many blushes?  No...but they are so pretty and I love their formula!  

RE: Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

I know but I planned for this.Their blushes are stunning. Hope you love them!

I just ordered the blush quad, the Ghost Edit and the brush.I missed last years so I wasn’t taking that chance again.

RE: The HOURGLASS Thread

The holiday edit

Re: RE: The HOURGLASS Thread

Gosh darn it, I wish my eyes hadn't seen this. This is dangerous. 

6-pan or blush quad, decisions decisions...

@RNGesusPls I feel like the blush quad only has one new shade, the rest look like ones in their permanent line no?

@makeitup305  The blush quad has 3 new blushes - nude blush is the only existing one that made it into the quad.

thanks @MCSSavvy ! I guess the marbling in the pictures reminds me of some other shades. I've seen a few reviews and swatches and it's definitely appealing, especially since I don't have any coral-y shades from Hourglass.

@makeitup305  I stopped at Blue Mercury today and they were kind enough to pull out the holiday collection (the entire collection)  from their backroom for me to swatch.  I had in my cart on the Hourglass website both the palette and blush quad but had yet to put in my card info.  I went on a whim and they have a really nice Hourglass display at that location and carry the full line in store.  So anyway, I love the palette - gorg.  And I actually did cave on the scattered light trio since I didn't have ray and loved molten.  But I really only loved one color in the quad.  I think since my current skin shade is very light with pink/blue undertone  it is hard for me to pull off the two shades that swatched more coral than anything else.  I'm sorry I didn't take photos of the swatches -- I had just left Sephora  and it was a rather chaotic scene - Blue Mercury on the other hand was nice, quiet and on-on-one attention and was caught up in the moment.  Found out they just started a loyalty program this month so for every $100 you get $5 off. I went ahead and signed up - why not?  Sorry, a little off track - I just was so surprised to find somewhere in my area that carries the entire line and their display was lovely.  I may swatch the quad again when it gets in Sephora and F&F comes around to see if I feel differently.  The colors are gorg but didn't really feel like it would work well for me.  The ghost palette tots tots adorbs. 

@MCSSavvy do you feel that the Ghost palette would work for those with fair skin? Thanks for the review especially on the quad. Finding blushes/bronzers when you're fair skinned without making it looking like you're a clown can be a challenge lol 😂. I don't own any of the scatter light pots - are they pigmented?

@niki172  - The scattered light shadows are pigmented - I either apply with my finger or using a packing brush over my eye primer.  They apply nicely and you can build up the coverage or apply a sheer layer.  Molten has the same formula as Foil and Ray which are part of the regular line of scattered light shadows.  Definitely worth checking out and swatching in the store if you haven't looked at them before.

@niki172  - The ghost palette swatched beautifully on me and I think the whole palette would look lovely on people with porcelain to light skin  and some medium skin tones.  I'm a P20 in Cover Fx and Cream in Hourglass Vanish Liquid if that gives you reference as to my current foundation shades to my current skin tone.  That said, I think most in the porcelain to medium range could also wear the quad.  

@MCSSavvy thanks so much for your reply. I'm C1 Cameo in Laura Mercier foundation and Cream in Hourglass's foundation stick so I think it'll work with my skin tone. I'll have to check out the scattered lights pots. My store has them, but I'm not sure what all they'll get for the holidays. It seems like they keep sending my store less and less of the more exciting launches. Between this and Guerlain's holiday Meteorites this will probably be my big purchase for the holidays.

Thanks for the review @MCSSavvy ! I do like the ghost palette's coolish tones!

@RNGesusPls  - You're welcome.  It feels very cool tone!  😄

The blush quad ❤️

Im eyeing that quad 👀 I’m also getting that glitter trio unless they aren’t new shades and I own them already

@sydtomato  - Hourglass posted on their insta that they released a trio at Blue Mercury today - states two already released colors and a new shade - plum.  Limited Edition.  

Ok, looks like Blue Mercury has the exclusive on their holiday eye shadow set.  Not certain when it will release on their site or Sephora.  The existing colors are Foil and Ray and the plum shade is called Molten.  $46 is fairly reasonable since individually they retail for for about $29 each.

@MCSSavvy Thx for posting. I just looked 🤪 In term of value the trio is about the same as full size. It’s 3 x 2g while full size is 3.5g. So the value of the trio is around $48. I hope Sephora will have something similar. I don’t mind mini since I never finish anything full size 😉

testing