Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

You're welcome @trishavt! I haven't tried any of them yet... I think I had the plain/no color one on my love list but now that I am reading @Mochapj comment I don't think I would like it because of the scent... Thanks for your thoughts on this @Mochapj!

@trishavt I have the original coloured version in Icon.

i really like the feel of it; it’s super smooth and nourishing but it does have a very strong herbal scent (rosemary-ish) that takes a while to dissipate.

if not for that it would be my absolute favourite lip oil. I’m very curious to see the other shades in person 

@Mochapj Ahhh the scent thing def a bit of a let down. I like the formula of YSL lipsticks but can’t wear them anymore bexcuse of the strong fragrance. I don’t mind rosemary but if it’s strong and lingers then it’s a deal breaker. 

In terms of color payoff how long did you find it lasts before having to reapply? 

@trishavt totally understand; the smell of YSL lipsticks makes me want to throw up 😄

These aren't nearly that aggressive, but do take around 20-30 minutes to dissipate (at least the Icon shade I have does; not sure if they've tweaked it for these new ones)

I'd say the colour payoff isn't quite as strong as the photo I posted from their marketing above; it does show up as a semi-opaque red on my lips but looks more like a gloss than any other lip oil I've tried. It has a lot more gel-like texture than the Clarins lip oils which I found sort of runny. I don't tend to wear the red one for the purpose of being red, more for its hydration purposes after lipstick has worn off. If I was wearing it for colour alone I'd probably have to reapply after 2-3 hours as it does create a pretty good film and last decently through drinks.

@Mochapj Thanks for the info! I def want to check these out now. Hydrating cancels out the rosemary scent. Plus I like a good excuse to test out new products 😉 

@Mochapj Thanks for the info on the color pay-off - I was wondering about that!

The HOURGLASS Thread

I found a shade of the Vanish Stick Foundation that matches me and I'm in love! They didn't use to have anything that matched me, I'm glad I circled back to try again. I think this is the answer to my quest for a natural finish foundation that lasts all day ❤️

This line has such a great shade range!  I'm glad one matches you now, @Shelbstirr!

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette and the Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4 palette are now available as a set at Beautylish, and the Beautylish $20 gift card per $100 spent started at noon today (you have to sign up for their emails to get access to the gift card event).:

Capture2.png

Today in store I found a new Hourglass holiday lip set ... and bought it. Confession Refillable Lipstick Duo. Love the metallic pink applicator!

HOURGLASS - Confession Refillable Lipstick Duo

I didn't see this other set, but I already have two of the three shades: 

HOURGLASS - Confession Refillable Lipstick Set

Is it me or do the GRL stylo lipsticks have a smell? I just purchased one today and opened it to try, but there's a smell..kinda like nutty plastic? 

Anyone else notice a scent from theirs? Thanks!

I've seen the new hourglass palettes online and am wondering what everyone's experience with the hourglass powders are.  Some of the powders just don't show up on me and I'm wondering what the point is.  Are some of them setting powders?  Are they highlighters?  There's one highlighter in a trio palette that I have and like but the rest of them do nothing for me.

I wondered the same thing at 1st, but now I can't do a fu...

I wondered the same thing at 1st, but now I can't do a full face without my Diffused Light powder. it brightens under my eyes, nose, etc and pulls my highlighter/bronzer/blush together. it really does give you a gorgeous glow.

Hey @itscarin , sorry for the super late response 😞 I've been trying to catch up on BIC and just saw this. I use the ALP's as an all over finishing powder. I find it really pulls my look together and almost gives me an airbrush finish. I absolutely love these powders! When I first used it I couldn't really see anything either upon application,  but when I finished my makeup and took a step back to look at my look overall I was hooked. 

The HOURGLASS Thread

the newest pallette is up.. it's beautiful!

I love the packaging of this palette but cant justify buying it based on the colors. These shades would look great on someone with medium skin tone. I wish they would start making palettes for different skin tones. 

@trishavt The shades are essentially the exact same as the shades from last year's palette, which I have and love. I'm not medium, I'm fair-light, and have no issues with them. The bronzer really is the only one that might be a problem, but I use it for contouring and adding targeted warmth, not an all over bronze. That's how I treat all bronzers though. It might be worth swatching in store when it's available there. The Unlocked Palette does look better for medium to deeper skin tones though. 

@alexasteph I have the one from last year too. Im still trying to work my way through all those colors but overall I think Im better off buying one shade of whatever I want instead of one big palette. I have light skin and I have used the shades Diffused and Dim light really fast. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for an all over face powder. 

@trishavt Oh definitely. These palettes are soooooo pretty but the value isn’t there. I have a couple full size Hourglass products too, and they last forever. If you have one LE palette you’re good. 

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!! 😍 I'm hoping I can snag it du...

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!! 😍 I'm hoping I can snag it during F&F sale this weekend.

It's live in the US @eshoe!

It's live in the US @eshoe!
14 Replies
testing