Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

@veronika23-  Didn't Norvina 2 just come out a couple of weeks ago?  Maybe they think if they flood the market we won't notice? haha

@prettyinpa  they release pics of this a little while back but they are both actually launching on the same date... hahaha right! 😄

@veronika23 You've got to be freakin' kidding me!!! 🤣

Image result for hysterical laughter gif

@Asche  hahaha nope! I don't know why they had to release them all back to back like that... I read last week that it was coming but man same release date as the other one... yikes! Kinda pretty though.

@veronika23  I don't get the back-to-back release at all. I envision whoever is behind this being like "meh, we'll just release a bunch and there will be something for everyone.🤷‍♀️

I think the size of these palettes, and their seemingly incoherent colour schemes, are what is putting me off. Of the 3, this 3rd one is definitely my favourite....still not buying it tho.

@Asche  yeah me neither... like why would you shoot yourself in the foot like that. Yeah that's probably what they thought... 🙄

Yeah, I also find them big and incoherent but I do love the shades in the 2nd and some in the 3rd... I won't be buying either... maybe if it ends up in the sale section. 😂

RE: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Norvina vol 2 swatches

Norvina #2

A269AEA3-9A23-4A39-8B1C-5381EA474364.png

Norvina Vol. 2 - Sept 26th

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.21.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.21.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.25.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.25.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.26.05 PM.png

I own quite a few ABH single mattes and they're great quality. However, this palette is just a meh for me -  only 2 glitter shades in this huge palette?!?!?!? I kinda feel like she was going for a Viseart kind of vibe here. I'll be curious to see it swatched, but like others I think it's a pass for me. I'm bummed that no brand seems to be launching a palette this season that just screams "buy me", but then again I guess it's good for my wallet lol.

@niki172 I agree with you about no palette screaming "buy me" lately (although I do like ND's Metropolis, but I'm not gonna drop $170 on it). For me, I think much of this has to do with all the colourful palettes coming out, and this one is no exception. I can't wear shades like this to work (a place I go nearly every day). So any palette that is nothing but extremely colourful becomes an instant pass. Oh well, as you said, it's good for the wallet.🤷‍♀️ But I definitely miss those days when I'd feel really excited about the latest palette release.

You go to work everyday 😮. Kidding!!!! Just kidding. I know exactly what you mean though. Something like this isn't an everyday wear kind of palette, and the majority of us can't wear neon into the office/workplace. It's why I picked up Melt's Gemini palette (which I've had wanting for a while) vs the new Radioactive palette this last weekend. It's just more practical, and I'll get way more use out of it. I do miss the good ole days of anxiously staying up late just to get my hands on a new release. It is good for the wallet, but something really exciting now and again would be nice too.

RE: Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Anstasia has been releasing so many new pallets within such a small time frame! I used to get so excited to get her new pallets, no i feel im bored of this! She should give us time to enjoy the pallets rather than drop 3 pallets in 1 month.

I never thought I'd see the day when I was sick and tired of seeing new eyeshadow palettes, but ABH has done it. I am so fatigued/overwhelmed with the constant launches. Maybe it's just me, but when products are being constantly pushed out, they stop feeling special. 😞 I miss being excited about new releases, now it just feels like my head is spinning and I'm done trying to keep up with it all.

Image result for stop gif

Anonymous Insider

@Asche -- Ditto that.  The more releases back-to-back the less I'm interested in the brand as a whole.  And truth be told, my only interest in this brand was the eye shadow palettes and singles.  The last Anastasia palette I bought was the original Norvina palette. 

I feel the exact same way @Asche . They just feel less special and look less cohesive now.

Brow sale

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

It's up.

Just got my Huda Desert Dusk palette in and thought I would compare to the JA palette since I’ve seen people say they look the same. I swatched the shades I thought looked similar, basically only the two matte browns I would say are true ‘dupes’. JA swatch is on the top and Huda swatches on the bottom for each pair. (ABH big wig/Huda amethyst, ABH sponsored/Huda retrograde, ABH edges/Huda amber, ABH wiggalese/Huda turkish delight, ABH soleil/Huda nefertiti) *purple from Huda had to be built up a ton, this shade sucks and is much better in the ABH palette

Close up of the liquid lip set

1 Reply
testing