Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

RE: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

I have the squad. My dilemma is to add Sultry or not. Thoughts?

I swatched sultry in store and immediately fell in love. The gold metallic shades! I feel like it should be applied wet or packed on rather than being blended. I haven’t tried it on yet to comment on fallout but that’s why you do your eyes first i guess lol

I swatched it in store too, soo beautiful. But it’s more on the cool tone side and I’m for sure a warm tone girl so I ended up getting TF Gingerbread palette instead 🙂

what did you think of the subculture? I found mine had a...

what did you think of the subculture? I found mine had a lot of fallout.

RE: what did you think of the subculture? I found mine had a...

I find that the subculture has a lot of fallout because yes it is more pigmented and you don’t need much to make a beautiful pigmented look but at the same time spraying your brush with setting spray before dipping in not only increases the pigment but also reduces fallout

RE: what did you think of the subculture? I found mine had a...

@Purplepickles Subculture needs a little more TLC than the other palettes. There’s more fallout for sure but it’s very pigmented so we don’t need a heavy hand to dip in to get pigments. I love the colours in this palette so it’s a keeper 🙂

Re: RE: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

So while I don't have a lot of the older ABH palettes, I have Soft Glam and I bought Sultry this weekend. I do love the colors, and I love having warmer tones with Soft Glam and cooler tones with Sultry. And the red-pink color in the Sultry palette, Bloom, is really lovely!

However, the palettes you do have cover those cooler tones. Frankly, I don't think you need it unless you like the idea of having the full collection. If you really like Bloom, you're better off finding a similar single shadow.

RE: Re: RE: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Thanks doll! I will pass on this. Picked up Too Faced Gingerbread palette instead. Yay! 💞

I personally am passing and have passed on the past two solely because of this picture. 😂 This aside, I did not and do not love the colors. I feel like with the name and the color of the packaging, I just wanted more. But instead it just seems like another neutral palette to add to the pile.

@IttyxBittyxMe oh wow, never thought they would all look the same without the pops of colours. That case, I could just buy single shadows and save some $$. I guess I found the answer to my question. Thanks doll for sharing 😘

@VanessaAPT03, I'm in the same boat so i get it. i gave i...

@VanessaAPT03, I'm in the same boat so i get it. i gave it a swatch in store, which just sort of solidified that I'll end up getting it even if just to keep my collection well rounded. The formula feels like MR (not Subculture) and the mattes felt consistent and smooth. The glitters may be a little more problematic, I had to work to build them up and there was a little bit of crumbly fall out but nothing that can't be fixed. I feel like a lot of the blending shades would compliment Norvina or Soft Glam to make it more of a neutral look as opposed to warm.

RE: @VanessaAPT03, I'm in the same boat so i get it. i gave i...

I think I’ll pass on this. But hope you enjoy your palette. Rouge sale is coming! 😎

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Rumor that the ABH X Amrezy highlighter is coming back

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 7.23.49 AM.png

RE: Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

That highlighter is my absolute favorite

when?

@veronika23 wrote:

Rumor that the ABH X Amrezy highlighter is coming back

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 7.23.49 AM.png

@texasgirl79 @veronika23 it was confirmed! 😁 so happy, t...

@texasgirl79 @veronika23 it was confirmed! 😁 so happy, this is one of my favorite highlights. I think Trendmood said it'll probably be back in December.

Re: @texasgirl79 @veronika23 it was confirmed! 😁 so happy, t...

@Nickelliebear1  thanks! I updated one thread with the news but completely forgot to come back here and post about it. lol 😄 😄 😄  Thanks!!!

If its coming back i think I need to get a back up.  I love this highlighter!

I picked up ABH Sultry. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the brand, especially when it comes to these palettes. I don’t have an opinion yet since I find ABH swatches well, but sometimes doesn’t apply as well on my eyes. So we shall see, but I do love the colour scheme here

@lachaton, thanks for the swatches 😊

@lachaton, thanks for the swatches 😊

Re: RE: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

@lachaton Thanks for sharing!  I wanted to swatch this in person when I was at Ulta yesterday, but they didn't have it out yet 😞  This is satisfying me until I can get to Sephora or Ulta!

11 Replies
testing