Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Thanks @veronika23 I was afraid it might be LE. 

Thanks @unfungirl! 🙂  So far I saw it was LE @PrettyPaint

Ugh, between this and the TF Clover palette, I am going to need a second vanity.

Or more eyelids.

This is a good way to look at all palettes, a lot of them intentionally place them this way to give you inspiration.  Norvina says she does this! I was not into the palette when I saw the leaked photo but after seeing actual photos I see endless looks

@unfungirl I agree with @sydtomato that at first I was perplexed/not interested, but these quads make a lot of sense and are really fun combos. 

Someone on the makeup subreddit went ahead and organized the two ABH palettes and I thought it was interesting and helped make Subculture a lot more cohesive in my mind (though the swatches are already selling me hard).

Anyway, just thought it was interesting! Modern Renaissance at the top.

@NotCrocker  This is making it even harder to resist!!!!

@Tamara76 Give in to the temptation! JOIN THE ENABLED TEAM. I am seriously pretty sold at this point, which is a pretty big flip flop from my first impressions which were not favourable. But this purchase will mean I need to commit to doing my makeup most days to justify yet another palette!

Thanks @NotCrocker!  I like these so much more like this 😄

@ElleElleG  I think I only saw one set on deeper skin tone. It's posted here on p.2. I will post more if I see them though!  I think it looks really nice on her skin.

@veronika23 This kind of organization is why I love my Lorac Pro 1 and Laura Mercier Artist Palette 2013. It's not that I can't tell what is deeper/darker in a mixed palette, but a well-organized gradient/colour flow just is so pleasing!

Whoever did this is genius, thanks for sharing @NotCrocker

The Subculture palette looks so much more enticing with this reorganization.  Still need some deeper skin tone swatches before I'm really sold but this post opened my mind to the potentials of this palette.

@ElleElleG @sydtomato @Madeline7 I am glad you guys appreciated this as much as I did! This kind of organization definitely works for my brain when I am assessing it's similarity to my existing collection as well as potential use. 

I love seeing it this way! Norvina does organize them in quads though so it provides more colour combinations and looks rather than a more rainbow-like layout. Interesting nontheless I think this will sell more people on it for sure.

Subculture looks soooo much more appealing this way.  I'm a little tempted to buy this now.

More subculture swatches

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.12.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.17.17 AM.png

More lipstick swatches

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.04.20 AM.png

Norvina posted these pics of Subculture on Twitter - this palette is getting hard to resist:

Spoiler

I can not wait to add this beauty to my collection @niki172 😄 

dancing happy excited my little pony pinkie pie GIF

@Mcakes - these swatches/pics keep getting better and better. When I first saw the "leaked" photo I thought it was an easy pass. Now not so much 😛

I am so waiting for the newest Glow Kit to come out! I hope the formula won't have any shimmer! Like the NG one is nice but yet the shimmer particles aren't the greatest. I prefer a smoother finish like the Sun Dipped kit.

@jesscheems I know, I feel you the same. I think Gleam and Sun Dipped had the best formulas of all. After that, too much glitter.

2 Replies
testing