Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

@Madeline7what???  Vermeer is coming out in a single???

Excited gif.gif

And love letter, and tempera 🙂

Coming Soon (summer?) Glosses and eye shadow singles

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 4.48.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-04 at 4.49.09 PM.png

Yes! Yes! Yes!  Singles from MR!  Take my money.

Do you guys think that this new highlighting palette has a better quality than their other glow palettes? I have one of them, that glow, and never reach for it. A few of the shades adds texture to my face and kind of brings out pores I didn't know I had lol.

Also, is it unique? Looking at the swatches I thought of the estee edit palette and wonder if those dupe to this? The LE status is making me wonder if I should or shouldn't get it.

I wouldn't say better quality necessarily- more of a slightly different texture/quality. I had That Glow and ended up returning it last year since I broke out with it- but I did reach for it all the time and miss it so bad to this day but finally got over it because I now own Sun Dipped and the new NG (also the Ultimate Glow kit which I rarely reach for). That Glow made my skin look wet without any sort of shimmer or emphasizing pores etc. I got along with it but my skin had issues at the time.

I just got my ABH x NG and tried it yesterday since I filmed a video (which I have to re upload -SIGH-)...But I swatched it and the shades are more metallic and shimmery than That Glow. They highlights appear more intense especially if applied with a denser brush (which would probably lead to a streak of highlight on your face).

But I find the quality is on par with the regular glow kits (stayed on my cheeks all day and apply nicely) though the texture might be slightly different with a more metallic finish as I mentioned above. The shades also have some shimmer but it's like micro-glitter and not completely chunky. I find the first two shades (Kitty Cat and Forever Young) to look similar to one another (pinky shades) and the last two (Glo getter and 143) are similar to one another as well (gold shades) when swatched out even though they appeared different in the pan. I almost feel this newer one would emphasize texture if applied heavily due to it being metallic. I would have to try my Estee Edit against the NG palette and get back to you. Though, I don't think the Estee has shimmer particles in it.

Limited edition things sucker me in too! Just look at the shades closely to see if it's something you would wear. Daydream is a peachy/orange-y shade and I haven't tried it on my face but swatched out it did look quite unique. @misscg HTH!!

Note: If you're addicted to highlight just get it before you regret it because you know...FOMO happens lol 😄

@jesscheems thanks for replying!! I ended up getting it the other day while in store. FOMO is real lol. I like this one better than the That Glow kit and I haven't noticed it emphasizing my pores. Funny thing is I'm not more interested in natural looking luminzers and wanted to get the Dior or NARS....but FOMO...smh. Those are le too I think....

Did I miss the restock of the NG palette? /.-

@StephaniLynn i'm seeing it as available right now, if you haven't already bought it!

@whitepolkydots I was just looking for a good promo code so I could order;)

Me too @StephaniLynn! Waiting for the new 100 points for March. Did you order yours yet? I hope Sephora release a some vib promo codes 🙏🏼

17021587_10101109173374812_7092008956240605473_n.jpg

My ABH palette came today! I got gypped on the lip samples (like many others), but I'm glad my palette arrived in one piece (unlike many others). I'm a sucker for highlighters, so I just had to snag this. No regrets! Love it!

FYI, though, for those thinking about purchasing: my only qualm is that since it *specifically* states it won't leave behind "shimmer particles," I feel you might want to know that it definitely, definitely doesn't live up to this claim. It does, in fact, leave behind glitter. I'm okay with that--- I love me some glitter. But others might not be, and if you're planning on purchasing expecting a no-glitter highlighting palette, it will not deliver on that front unfortunately!

Great pic @khaleesi. I am still debating seriously hard, on whether to get this or not.

@khaleesi after I swatched mine yesterday and wiped them off, I did notice a lot of migrant glitter particles on my arm.

However, I'm wearing Forever Young this morning and while I noticed glitter flecks on the brush when I dipped into the pan, once I buffed it onto my cheeks the glitter seemed to separate from the pigment and I was just left with a nice sheen.  

I'm interested to see how the rest of them perform.

@MochapjI noticed that the directions said to apply with a damp brush--- I applied it with a dry brush both times I've used it, as well as when I switched it. I'm wondering if that makes a huge difference in the amount of glitter. I'm going to try the damp brush method tomorrow to see if it does. I'm rocking Forever Young today too (my fair self migrated immediately toward Forever Lit yesterday!).

Swatches of the new glow kit

L to R: Kitty Kat, Forever Young, Daydream, Forever Lit, Glo Getter, 143
IMG_8329.JPG

@Mochapj These look great on your skin! I feel I would be far too fair for most of these so it wasn't a hard decision to say no to it!

@sabrinas I agree with @khaleesi and @Mochapj - I'm quite fair and these are not too dark at all - in fact, someome requested watches and I am having trouble getting the colors to show up well in indoor light.

I was also most curious about the orange, shade, but it looks really nice and not at all unnatural or Cheeto-y.  😊

P.S. Those swatches look so lovely! @Mochapj ❤️

@Tamara76 good to hear the orange doesn't look unnatural! 

@Tamara76 @Mochapj @khaleesi Oh wow that's interesting to hear actually.  Once I saw the swatches of the peachier and bronze ones I was kinda nervous.  I hope that this will show up in stores so that I can swatch it! 

@Melissa136 posted some excellent swatches on the Highlighter thread, too!  @sabrinas

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Coming-Soon-Highlighters/td-p/2708718

testing