cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

OMG NO!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I'm so sad! I've been wanting this since I first saw it too!

Thanks for the update @Mochapj

@Mochapj Thanks for letting us know. I'm bummed, though. I really wanted that one - it was going to be my first Viseart. 

(Also thanks for the clarification on the "sad days" thing. I was confused because those colors are anything but sad for me.)

@Mochapj-  Thanks for the news.

I wished that Viseart would get over their weird notions about Posy and release the darn thing, but I guess that's too much to ask now. I'll spend my money elsewhere, boo.

@prettyinpa agree.

I was really disappointed when I got their reply.  I've been lusting after that palette since the accidental photo was posted on sephora last year.

I get that they were working on it during the Paris attacks and whatnot. I don't really understand the fixation about not releasing it because of that, unless she's superstitious or something.  

I can't decide which Theory palette to get. I'm between Minx, Amethyst, or Nuance. I have the Petit Pro, but no other palettes of Viseart. I have fair/light skin, brown eyes and (usually) brown hair. Does any one have a recommendation? I'm stuck on which to get!

@snoflakefaerie I have all three palettes and similar colouring to you, it sounds like. 

I actually think the most important factor based on what you've already said is how cool- or warm-toned your skin tone is. I'm fair but fairly cool-toned - for this reason, I don't find Minx to be as flattering on me as it is on others 🙂 It's very warm, but pretty. 

Nuance is also fairly warm (I'm wearing it today. I'm rather partial to Amethyst (I love purples with my skin and brown eyes). 

Another factor for you is whether you want matte shades at all - Nuance is all shimmer. 

ETA: I have swatches of Minx here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/THE-VISEART-THREAD/m-p/2436944#M103126

It pulls fairly orange on my skin. I don't have swatches of Amethyst and Nuance yet.

Thanks @lachaton. I definitely lean warmer rather than cooler. I'm incredibly drawn to purples, but it seems like the quality of Amethyst isn't quite as good as Minx. I also am definitely lacking on mattes in my collection, so that was a helpful consideration.

Hi, I have brown eyes too and personally I feel that purple shadows bring out the green in my eyes that I don't even know I have. However, bronzey eyeshadows are used more so I would go with the minx. 

I did go with the Minx. I think I'm really going to enjoy it.

Although I don't own any of these, I did look up swatches on Temptalia and Minx is really pretty! That is the one I would personally go with and I think it'd look great on you.

Also, I love your avatar @snoflakefaerie.

Thanks @lmi82 I know BT isn't the place to get political, but I just can't help it 😛 

Here's some swatches I did of the Amythest palette. The little dots on the side are comparisons to other Viseart shadows.. For the mattes I used the Cool Mattes palette. The lightest shade is cooler & pinker than Cool Mattes, the medium shade is darker and warmer, and the dark shade is lighter & less pigmented. I don't have any close shades for the Amythest shimmers... Tried one Paris Nudes color, but it was quite different!

image.jpeg

More swatches of the new Theory palettes -  Temptalia has swatches up too!Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.38.20 PM.png

Has it been confirmed that Canada will not receive stock of the new palettes until after the sale?

@ChristalM Anewxa posted this response that we wouldn't get the palettes until approx. May

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/THE-VISEART-THREAD/m-p/2750324#M132558

@lachaton Oh thanks! I missed that 😞

More swatches of the new Theory palettes

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.59.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.59.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.59.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.59.57 PM.png

These shades are pretty accurate. That second shade in the Nuance palette is so underwhelming 😞 it 's not up to par with the others imo.

@makeitup305 I've only swatched mine so far, but I found the textures similar to the previous theory palettes I own (which I didn't find up to full size palette quality)

im really hoping they'll perform better on the eyes, because I found many of the shades (particularly in amethyst) pretty patchy

@Mochapj I haven't tried the Amethyst on my eyes just yet and only some of the Petit Pro and Nuance. That second shade in the Nuance is just plain bad. Something out of a TooFaced holiday palette. My swatches of Amethyst don't feel too patchy, though. The Petit Pro is ok, though I feel like the lightest shimmery shade is a little chunkier than I would like. 

Do you think they tone down the quality to make it more "regular"consumer friendly?

@makeitup305 I've been wondering that myself since the first round of theory palettes last year.

i had asked them if there was a different formula than the FS because they felt noticeably different and whoever answers their social media questions said no, they only have one formula.

however I did compare ingredients lists and there were differences; but I don't know enough about cosmetic chemistry to know if the differences would actually impair quality.

i do agree though, the lightest shade in petit pro is a bit shocking; it's more like a pressed glitter than an eyeshadow- I can only use it patted on with a fingertip.

1 Reply
testing