Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

THE TARTE THREAD!!!

NEWS, UPCOMING COLLECTIONS, DISCUSSIONS AND SWATCHES!

Re: THE TARTE THREAD!!!

@Anewxayeah the range isn't that great Smiley Sad

I feel like tarte often comes out with a foundation or concealer and then if it does well they extend the range.  At least thats what they did with shape tape and rainforest of the sea line.  I totally agree it sucks though, its always MAYBE a really fair shade, a bunch of light-medium shades and then two darker shades its ridiculous. 

New items coming May 21st

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 8.00.17 PM.png

After owning way too many palettes from Tarte I can truly say this one sure doesn't excite me! Smiley Very Happy

It's very muted and plain. Someone will love it.

Just more neutrals..blah. @jesscheems

The packaging looks cool, but the palette's contents look like yet another recycled Tarte palette. 

Then again, I have never been into Tarte but I'm sure people will enjoy it if they are new to makeup. 

Swatches of the new palette launching May 21st

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 8.26.34 AM.png

Here are better swatches of the new foundation - May 21st

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 7.15.43 AM.png

Just got my Tarte order containing the custom kit. Packaging is adorable. 

IMG_0716.JPG

But I am missing the lipstick!! Which is a bummer since that was the item I was most excited about.

I have contacted CS. Apparently the lipstick was out of stock at time of shipping so they just sent  the rest of my order. Would have been nice to have included a notification. In any case, CS is sending me a replacement. I wonder if others experienced this as well. 

I got mine today and was missing the blush. I was quite disappointed and annoyed that there was no notice. Emailed CS today so hopefully they will be sending one soon.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I was equally annoyed and disappointed.  I don't see how Tarte thought it would be a good idea to just leave out products without any sort of notice. Glad to hear you're getting the blush!

Thats awful - however I would rather them send what they did have then cancel the whole order or make you wait till a restock. However, it would have been the right thing to do to contact you and ask if they could send you something else....

Tarte can be awful with this sometimes. A few months back I had placed an order for one item, gotten a shipping notice, and when I received my box I found nothing but my samples in it...turned out the item I wanted was OOS, but instead of cancelling or sending any sort of notification of that, they just shipped it out without the the OOS item. I contacted them about it and CS placed another order for me; a week later I received yet another box of just samples...and I gave up lol. 

In my custom kit order last week, I was missing my sample Stunner highlighter, but thankfully I got all of the items that I paid for. It is aggravating though that they don't give you any sort of heads up as to what has shipped and what hasn't. 

So I ordered the full coverage airbrush foundation during the custom kit event and it's a powder foundation. I tried it this morning and I'm wondering if I'm applying it wrong, but it just sort of fills in my pores and makes them look more visible. In some places it clung and created a "patch". I used my estee edit stick primer with it. Maybe a different primer would give different effects? Am I supposed to use a primer with this at all? Interestingly, I was able to apply a tinted sunscreen on top of this powder and it dissolved and blended in to create a pretty full coverage foundation effect, but that's obviously not the way this stuff was intended to be used.

Am I using this wrong?

@purly I found the same thing when I purchased this foundation a year ago. I don't think your using it wrong. I guess however, you can play around with it using different brushes and primers (maybe a pore filling one...) and see what happens. Its definitely not anywhere close to being a full coverage foundation - I don't believe any powder foundation can be, personally. I think that if your getting good results with mixing it and getting good coverage that way go for it - who cares how its "suppose" to be used!!! Maybe with a dense flat brush like a flat top foundation brush you will get more coverage???

I did use a dense flat top brush! Oh well. I had been hoping to use this one when travelling, but if I need to mix it with a liquid then I'd rather stick to my normal foundation.

I'll try a different primer tomorrow and see.

I've used this foundation a lot and get pretty good coverage. I normally reach for it when I'm in a rush so I don't use a primer. I use the Tarte airbuki bamboo powder foundation brush with it(It fits perfectly over the holes so you can just flip it to get the brush covered). Maybe try a similar brush?

Maybe try it without the primer? If you still can't get it to work for your primary foundation, you can use it after your regular foundation to spot cover any trouble areas 

I will have to try it without a primer then.

OK I tried it without a primer and it definitely applied better. It seemed to sort of mix with the skincare ingredients that hadn't absorbed into my skin yet. It doesn't look powdery, but it is more obvious today that the shade I chose is a little too peachy for my skin. It's not bad, but I don't think I will reach for this one often. It will be interesting to see how it wears considering that I don't have a primer on.